5.0 out of 5 stars Very good...
I have used these discs with Nero and a Pioneer DVR-109 writer with no failures or 'coasters' for nearly 2 years, which is as long as I have been using the respective versions of this disc. I have kept the firmware updated on my writer and always leave the computer to do it's thing rather than multi-task when writing.

The discs have proven reliable and stable -...
Published on 10 Jun 2007 by Bilbo7000

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very compatible with my kit
Thought I'd buy these discs to test how they work with my DVD playe, a Pioneer DV-575A. Wish I hadnt bothered. Only 1 out of the 3 i have burned so far works at all, and even then it does not work that well. The discs however do seem to be fine in my PC DVD drives (a old Pioneer 16x read only and a Sony 16x DVD-R,+R,-RW,+RW ). If your looking for a good disc just for use...
Published on 11 April 2006 by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good..., 10 Jun 2007
Bilbo7000 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

The discs have proven reliable and stable - what more could I want or need?

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste time looking around, 29 Aug 2009
Wynne Jones "wyndymiller" (Shrewsbury, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Verbatim 43533 DVD-R 4.7GB 16x Printable 50 Pack Spindle (Accessory)
Yes! Don't waste your time looking around for the best inkjet printable disc because you have just found it. As a professional videographer I have to make sure of first class quality without paying over the top. I have found the 43533 disc to be the most reliable yet and the print quality is superb and after writing to about 400 discs I can only recall having 2 faulty and that is incredible because before using these discs I could throw away up to 20% of other brands that failed to write without the odd breakdown. I have also shopped around for these discs and Amazon always comes up with the best delivered price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!! Highly recommended!!, 6 April 2008
Abhi C. (London, England) - See all my reviews
After using a 25 pack of these, I bought two 25pk Kodak DVD-Rs, only to be disappointed and regretting buying them in the first place. So I went back to these Verbatim DVD-Rs, which have once again proved their worth and impeccable efficiency. I've used these for all sorts of multimedia stuff (movies, songs, documents, software) and so far no problems encountered. Also these DVDs last for a very long time, if kept in good condition. I still have Verbatim DVDs from last year, which are in perfect working state.

Just to ensure all DVDs have a high success rate after burning, I burn all my CDs/DVDs at half the speed.

These are definitely worth every penny!! And with a lifetime warranty, what else could you want?!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW !, 27 Oct 2007
Andrew Kerr (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Considering I paid 12.99 for a 25 pack of the same discs from WHSmith, this 50 pack is remarkable value. I've tried several printable discs from other manufactures in the past, but I feel that these Verbatim discs are by far the best. Unlike some they actually burn at 16x and are easily printable giving you a smooth crisp disc every time. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take heed - check and re-check!, 6 April 2006
By A Customer
After using 25 of these, I ordered 50 Imation DVD-R, only to discover that the very first one - on (fast forward) checking! - had picture break-up, so I went back these Verbatim DVD-R 16x which have proved flawless on my Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD/HDD recorder. As ever, Amazon too proved flawless with their courteous and rapid communication and refund in full - top marks once again! Sometimes it really does pay to check and re-check - and to purchase where there's a guarantee you know you can trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be aware this is photo (i.e. inkjet ) printable only, 7 Oct 2006
The DVDs are good (Verbatim's always are - I don't buy anything else).

The main reason for this feedback is to let new buyers of printable DVDs know that there are two types: photo (i.e. inkjet) printable and thermal printable. You cannot print photo printable with a thermal printer or vice versa. I'm dumb and didn't know this ...

These DVDs are just described as printable. FYI - they are photo printable - you can't print them with a thermal printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 out of 25 recorded and played......., 14 Jun 2006
Roger Sharp (Kenley, Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Despite some poor reviews, I've had 100% success with these discs. They were recorded on a cheap PC DVD recorder, and then all played back perfectly on a mega-expensive, mega-fussy Toshiba player. Out of a spindle of 25 discs, I achieved 25 perfect recordings which is better than any other discs I have used. I've no idea if it helps, but I always record at half the stated speed of the discs - hence the above results were had by recording at x8, rather than x16.

I think that judging the performance of media such as this is very difficult to do objectively. My personal experience is that often the media is blamed when the real problem lies with a faulty DVD writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality media but check your DVD drive speed, 21 May 2009
Steve Powell (Nailsworth, UK) - See all my reviews
Verbatim have an excellent reputation in the industry and it is largely deserved. They played a major part in the testing of 16x blank DVD media so they know how to produce quality materials. They were also the LAST major manufacturer to launch 16x blanks as they were more thorough in their testing than everyone else.

I am just about to order two more spindles of these. I researched the market very carefully before I bought any photo-printable DVDs and since moving to Verbatim, I have found no reason to look for another brand. I have had only one failure out of over 500 pieces and that was down to a failure in my DVD drive (now replaced).

DVD drives fail remarkably quickly if you burn a lot of blanks so watch for errors in the hardware and be willing to replace the drive if it shows signs of wear. Someone else here said that DVD burners are very cheap now so don't waste 50 blanks - spend a little on a new burner instead.

Which brings me on to the caution in the title of this review. Check the maximum burning speed of your DVD drive. These blanks are rated for 16x and that is a MAXIMUM you should attempt to use for successful results.

Many new drives now support 18x or higher burning speeds and your software may automatically assume it's OK to burn at this speed. You should limit the burn speed to that rated on the blank.

If you stick to the limits of the media, you should not have high failure rates but be willing to accept the odd one. Nothing is perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Aways reliable, 1 Feb 2009
I've been burning to DVD via my Panasonic HDD recorder for just over a year now. I tried other cheaper brands and had anything from a small number of failures to having to write off 24 out of a cake of 25!
A friend recommended Verbatim and I have yet to have a single failure. These printable discs are worth the little extra as I can print individually designed 'labels' on each disc.
An excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars not the DVD's fault, 27 Mar 2008
J. Budden (Scarborough, UK) - See all my reviews
RE. Mrs. J. A. Collinson "mariocdl" (York, England)

I think your problem could be your DVD-RW drive. Try updating the firmware for it! If that doesn't work, buy a new drive (they are less than 20) - Samsung 200 series are probably the best to get.

I was getting lots of failed DVD burns (coasters), then i found out that my DVD-RW firmware was about 2 years and 8 versions out of date! I installed the new firmware, and it has not failed since.

These Verbatim printable DVDs are top quality, as are the DataWrite printables i use.