on 31 July 2007
If you're looking for a good quality laptop bag that doesn't scream, 'I've got a laptop in here, steal me now!' I would recommend this.
It has a lot of compartments and dividers for all the various leads, disks and peripherals along with the usual padded section for the laptop, but looks like an ordinary black backpack. The material it is made out of is thick good quality nylon, and it feels well made. It is nicely padded and all the straps are adjustable so it is comfortable to carry.
Despite being sent from Germany this arrived very quickly (earlier than the estimated delivery date).
on 2 March 2010
This is the bag that Targus sent us (two of them) when we contacted them about repair of the straps on laptop bags we bought TEN YEARS AGO! We only asked for new straps so we could have them stitched in as we liked them so much. Targus asked us to send in the product tags, which we did, but before they could have possibly received them, a delivery van arrived with a big box and these two backpacks. So, if you buy from Targus, I think it's safe to say that they will stand behind their products to the hilt. They didn't even ask for the old ones back.

These bags are very high quality although our MacBooks (15 inch screens) are literally swallowed up by them. I do wish that it had more compartments as our older ones did and a mesh, zip pouch on the outside would be swell. I can see, however, that the changes have probably been made for security reasons. There is, however, a hidden and well padded compartment on back side of the pack (not shown in any of the photos) that is very clever and a good place to keep passports and other valuable items you don't want razored.

One real criticism for all the bag makers is "why, oh why, are the interiors all black?" It makes it difficult to find things inside, especially when the compartments are huge.

Kudos to Targus.
on 8 August 2012
This bag is made of really good material and the bag is very comfortable to carry around due to the wide strap design and padding in the straps. The laptop compartment is padded very well and the back of this bag also got padding to make it comfortable to carry around. With my experience so far, am sure it will last a lot longer than my previous backpacks. This bag can take a really huge amount of stuff.
Now the negatives, this bag is way too big for a 15.4" laptop. If you are looking for a slim looking one look somewhere else. I am happy with it 'cause I carry around a lot and don't mind the size. Having said that my previous backpack a unbranded one allowed me to carry same amount of stuff and it looked just half the size of this bag.
The second issue with this bag is it's only got two compartments and the second one is too thin. It will take about 20 A4 sheets that is it. So effectively this bag is a big one compartment bag with a laptop divider with in it. So if you need more compartments for whatever reason look elsewhere.
And the bag could do well with some color, it looks very dull in this all black design.
As I mentioned earlier it's very well made but that's got a downside as well, it makes the bag heavier. Also someone mentioned in their review that this is waterproof though the seller doesn't claim anything like that. Got caught in a light shower the other day and the contents in the small compartment all got wet, so there goes the water proof capability of this bag.
Hope this review helps someone on their decision making.
on 26 April 2008
Had mine for 4 months now, it's always packed full and heavy. It's comfortable to wear (even with 15kg of stuff in it), protects your laptop extremely well and the robust high quality of the bag continues to impress.

I don't think you'll find a better option for twice the price.
on 2 January 2010
I bought this bag twice as in a span of one month. The only reason was, my first one was stolen from a pub in London. I was so attached with this bag that I decided to buy the same make/model the very next day. This is the best backpack ever, with professional & elite looks. Comfort at its peak. Tough and reliable. Lots of space to carry all that is required for your work. Hidden pocket at the back side to keep valuables safe. Highly reccomended.
on 11 November 2009
I bought this bag along with my laptop 3 years ago and it is still going strong... I have carried some very heavy loads in the bag, no problems - straps easily adjustable (I'm only 5 ft but my boyfriend is over 6ft - either of us can carry it comfortably!) Any time I've been caught in the rain the bag has not leaked. I love the little secret compartment on the external rear of the bag at the base - I carry my passport there when on hols. I would highly recommend it... I'm about to order the same one for a family member as a gift!
on 23 May 2008
Great quality bag which has loads of pockets and is comfortable to wear. The only issue I think for larger people is the waist belt is not on the generous side. I have a 37" girth and I got up to 42" length on the belt. Works ok without belt done up of course.
Overall I am very impressed and it looks like it has the strength to carry on for years.
on 22 July 2013
I used this bag for the last 2 years most days for university or travelling in Europe for work so it has got a lot of work out and its still holding up well.

As you can see this bag looks very professional and you can fit more in here than in my belkin bag for up to 17inch laptops.

The front pocket has a netted section which is useful for loose items, below that it has 2 pockets which you can fit CDs in, but I have never used it for that, I use it for cables and my spare phone batteries. It also has space for 2 pens to be put in for easy access when needed.

It has 2 pockets on the side which my bobble bottle water bottle fits in quite well. It has 2 clips between the little front pocket and the main section which can be unclipped to fit more into the bag which I have used since I got it.

It also has 2 zips in these because you won't probably use both but you may use one, I don't know what you would store in there, I have never really used it.

The main compartment in the bag is split into two by a thick divider to pad your laptop. it is very thick and does this job admirably. It also has material with velcro on to lock your laptop in place. The other section in the main compartment can store several A4 notepads, books etc or even and Xbox 360 with a laptop in the other compartment.

The hidden pocket always houses my passport, EHIC card and boarding cards for flights or wallet if I don't have space in my pocket. It is so well hidden it took me 9 months to notice it.

The straps are very rugged and are undamaged after all this time. They are very comfortable and the material has a diamond pattern hole in the fabric to allow your back to breathe more which is very helpful when its hot.

It also has a waist strap to prevent it banging against your back if it is fully loaded which have also come in very useful.

The bottom of the bag is padded to save bumps to your tech as well as being made out of to stiff plastic s you can rest it on a wet floor without worrying.

I did have some issues with the top of the bag material fraying off but Targus has a lifetime limited warranty on their products which I contacted them about and after a few emails they said they will send me a new one. I will update on how that goes
on 5 December 2009
Already purchased the bag 2 years ago and it's still going really well. Recently, girlfriend was looking for a laptop bag and purchased a cheaper version of the Targus bag that held more stuff, but the quality was not as good and the design was not as ergonomically correct. Therefore returned to Amazon and purchased this one again. This bag won't let you down. It's not too big, but fits a lot in there. The way it's designed means that even if it's really heavy, it does not feel that heavy on your back. The padding is great, the quality is excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone as it should last quite a while.
on 10 July 2012
I bought this bag from Amazon in May 2011. Although initially I was pleased with this purchase after about 6 months the top of the bag behind the zip for the small pocket started to show signs of wear. The threads around the top zip started to come out so I had to sew this up to stop it getting worse then lower down above the zip for the 2nd smaller pocket all the material started to fray leaving lots of odd threads loss which had to be cut off and now there is a hole in the top of the bag which means I will have to replace it. It doesn't seem very hard wearing so I will not be buying another one and will try a different make.

See one answered question