5.0 out of 5 stars nostalgic, 28 April 2008
C. Knight "old fashioned" (northants england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs That Won The War: Celebrating The 60th Anniversary Of VE Day (Audio CD)
i wanted a compilation that contained a bit of eveything, well this certainly does. it has eveything from the well known songs to the less well known and even speeches that were headline news of the day. it made me think what it must of been like during those terrible years of war for the soldiers and for those left behind to cope. i would thoroughly recommend buying this, it made my day listening to this wonderful war time music which we dont seem to get these days, how sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 May 2005
By A Customer
May I say what a fantastic compilation. A wonderful design and obviously great thought has gone in to this compilation. The striking image captures the spirit of the album and I was delighted with the content. Well done DMG TV!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY WW2 collection you'll ever need!, 19 Mar. 2009
L. Beaumont (Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
All I can do is to echo the previous 2 reviews: this is just the BEST compilation of WW2 songs and speeches! I was born 6 years after the war ended, but these recordings take me right back to before I was born, if that's possible! Some numbers are sentimental, of course, but others are so cheerful and toe-tapping that they can't help but make you feel good (and you also find yourself singing along!)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent compilation, 14 Oct. 2009
mrs c j doran "Jim Taffy" (crowthorne, berkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Dad who was an engineer in the war and he is now 90. At one point we had to turn it off after all the memories became too much to bear, but he loved it and I think it is brilliant. It was good to hear him singing along!

4.0 out of 5 stars Re-living the past, 22 May 2009
J. E. Matts (UK) - See all my reviews
My father, who has advanced vascular dementia has great difficulty expressing himself. These songs clearly give him pleasure, taking him back to a vital time in his life. He will join in with the words, recalling them with remarkable ease. It is good to see someone who has become very passive and confused react so positively.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of nostalgia?, 6 May 2014
I did not even enter this world until 1956 but have often talked to my Mum about her evacuation during the blitz on Coventry during those troubled times, then along came this anniversary collection so I thought I'd give it a go as I have always liked music from this era and am not disappointed with this collection. This really is an excellent compilation and was certainly worth every penny as it revived even more of my Mum's wonderful and often stunning memories. After all this time she can even/still remember and sing along to a lot of the songs. Notwithstanding this it is vital we do not forget either the time or the music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 5 Sept. 2012
Melvyn Green (UK) - See all my reviews
For what I paid I am very happy, a lot of the songs I have on other CDs but there are also a lot I dont the CDs also include some speaches from Chamberlain and Churchill, found some of them a bit long, and some of the recordings are not great but all in all well worth getting to add to your collection if you are into the 1940s. I got the four CDs at a great price and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best set of CDs, 24 April 2012
This CD set is an awesome tribute to the war years and contains songs that seniors can relate to. My Dad is thrilled with the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas, 20 April 2014
Bought it for my wife who needed it for a charity show which went down well, money raised went to a good charity

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs That Won The War, 20 April 2014
Good product . I sent it to a history teacher in New Zealand and both He and the Students loved if