5.0 out of 5 stars they love it
I have three rats and they love their new house, all three of them can fit in the top half so there is plenty of room for them.
Published on 15 Oct. 2010 by Samantha

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous!
Got this for my chinchillas & noticed after a couple of weeks that where they'd been chewing there were nails sticking out that could have torn their skin if they'd caught themselves on them. If you have chinchillas who chew, do not buy this!
Published 21 months ago by Dee Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars they love it, 15 Oct. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small mammals, 9 July 2011
my ferrets love this i first bought it for them to climb on but they seem to have addopted it as their bed, it's bigger than i origonally thought but would not be big enough for a rabbit i think its just big enough for ferrets and i have tested the wood and it is safe for them to chew on, very small chemical traces also make it safe for hamsters, rats, mice and really all sorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rat lodge., 11 Sept. 2011
Brought this for my two Dumbo Rats Levi and Spider. All 3 of us love it soo much, the price is fantastic, the quality is fantastic and it's so HUGE! I definitely recommend this product, my boys love it that much they've abandoned all their other sleeping places and I ALWAYS find them snuggled up in their lodge :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous!, 25 May 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy!, 20 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Trixie Bjork Log Cabin for Hamsters (Misc.)
If, like me, you are thinking of taking a chance on this house regardless of the negative comments, don't. First of all, as soon as it arrived and it wasn't in a box at all, i knew it would be broken, and surprise surprise it was, A LOT. Not only was it broken, its absolutely covered in splinters, to the point that for any small animal it would be pretty dangerous. Secondly, the build quality is awful, gaps everywhere which is showing nails (which also after gnawing would be dangerous), loose dowels etc etc, i could go on.

Baffles me how this can legally be sold, mine was in the bin within minutes of arriving, not even worth sending back.

Basically, don't bother!

3.0 out of 5 stars reasonable priced little house, 31 Dec. 2010
I bought this for my 2 guinea pigs, and to be fair the top part was a little small, but we still use the bottom part. It is slightly roughly made, lots of opportunity to get splinters and also a nail was sticking out. A bit of a hammer and some sand paper sorted that out and now its a very good little resting place for my piggies when tired, just be careful of rough edges and nails!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some design flaws, 24 Jan. 2013
Darren M (Carshalton, London) - See all my reviews
The house is easy to assemble and has plenty of space for my syrian hamster, Charlie. The problem is that there are two nails protruding from the bottom section, which Charlie could easily chew and injure himself on. I think the product description should contain a warning about this. As with the other Trixie products I've bought, this wooden house would be fantastic if someone had taken more time designing it properly. I also purchased this house for my rats, but one of the parts was missing - so the top level cannot be assembled properly. Trixie sells some utter rubbish which has been produced as cheaply as possible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Guinea pigs enjoy to hide inside, 2 Jan. 2013
Purchased this great looking animal home for my two baby guinea pigs. Firstly, when my package arrived i received it broken on the legs, however, i did manage to super glue it back together. Secondly, the home has been made poorly as wood chips were everywhere once i opened the package. Putting aside all of this, it was very easy to assemble- needed no DIY work just a simple put together. My two guinea pigs loved the house and fitted them both great. Overall, i am happy with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 22 Dec. 2013
I have two male rats and within a week the house was stinking and stained because they'd urinated all over it so plastic is preferable if you're in the same situation as me. As for the quality of the product itself, the glue was very visible on every piece of wood. The bark flaked off constantly which made the cage look very dirty but it also got into the rats' fur which I imagine wasn't very pleasant for them. After a while I noticed little holes and discovered it was infested with woodworm. The wooden shelves I'd had in the cage for months were previously fine but also became infested after the house was added to the cage so everything was thrown out. The description says it is pre-assembled but the top part needs to be slid into place (my rats enjoyed pushing it back out) and the ramp has two screws which very loosely fit into holes on the side of the house. The screws looked dangerous to me so I never actually put the ramp on.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great ratty hideaway!, 30 Dec. 2012
This is a lovely little (though pretty big) hidey house for my pet rat. It's nice and sturdy and my rat loves spending time in it. For rats, the hole at the front is a little large, whenever I clean out my rat, he then spends at least ten minutes filling in two thirds of the hole with bedding!
I can't help but think that just one of the windows on the sides should not have the cross in, so that they can use it as an entry point.
I use the top level to house my rats food bowl and he sleeps below. He really seems to love it and if he's happy then I am.

Trixie Bjork Log Cabin for Hamsters