4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best season, but still fun
I missed the majority of episodes that comprised the third season of ALIAS so I was understandably anxious to get my hands on this six-disc DVD set of what is one of my few delights on television these days.
This DVD set is simply stunning in both presentation and content.
The packaging for these shows have always offered something surprising and this season is...
Published on 23 Sept. 2004 by Darren Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Jennifer Garner works as hard as ever this Season, but...
As you will know if you have stuck with Alias thus far, one does not watch this show for documentary realism or plausibility, but it can work as entertainment.

This Season is a relative disappointment between Season 2 and Season 4, as the makers eventually realised, trying to return in the following Season to something more like Season 2, with more balance...
Published on 25 Mar. 2012 by Legal Vampire

5.0 out of 5 stars where has syd been????, 8 Nov. 2009
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
sydney wakes up in hong kong and discovers she has been gone for 2 years. in addition to this she discover vaughn is married, her dad is in solitary confinement, sloane is free and heading up a relief organisation and will is alive and in witness protection. so the first half of the season is about sydneys quest to fix her life and discover what she was doing for the past 2 years. the sydney,vaughn,lauren love triangle also features greatly throughout the whole season and forces the characters into some interesting situations. in the later part of the season focuses on discovering who has been spying for the covenant and sydney's missing 2 years come back to get her.

again fast paced, great missions and the usual baddies. more famous guest stars, isabella rosselini as syd's aunt and quentin tarantino returns.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, 25 Feb. 2007
L. Clifforde (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I started watching alias out of curiosity, having learnt that it was written by the same guy that wrote Lost. Liked season 1, enjoyed season 2 and then read the reviews for season 3 and was in two minds whether or not to carry on. I'm glad I did. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that it has been much maligned. I suppose it depends what you want out of the series. I fully expected to be disappointed with the abrupt end to Sydney and Vaughns romance but instead I found that this series continues the story in an often touching and heart wrenching manner and I couldn't help but feel for Sydney. The action is as good as ever and the storylines deliver as before. Also you get much more of Mr Sark in this season which personally I quite like. Don't give up on Alias, this season is definitely worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome must-have for Alias fans, 13 Sept. 2004
I saw the third season whilst out in the States, and i have to say that it is the best yet. the plot thickens as we learn what happens to Sydney in the 2 years that she has been missing.
The characters become even more comples adding depth to each episode.
The third season is an absolute must have for all Alias fans.
I can't wait for them to bring out a Region 2 DVD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great season - but not quite up there, 16 May 2005
Mr. C. F. Gilbert "freddy11" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Alias is a fantastic show, which is exciting and addictive. The first two seasons were very well written and had a clever plot that kept you interested throughout each episode. Season 3 doesn't build on that so much, and has lost some of the stylistic charm that the first two series had. Fortunately, there is still enough incredbile action, interesting dialogue and crazy plot twists to make it very complelling viewing.
However, the show does feel more masculine common denominator, and a little less subtle and intelligent at times. The season works but it's a little disjointed. By itself - not so great, but in between series 2 and 4, it does what it needs to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, other languages for sountrack and subtitles, 12 Feb. 2012
Alan Chuter (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I wasn't very keen on the first season but it gets better with each season, and I found this very enjoyable. Although the catalogue entry says it's only in English my edition has French and Spanish soundtrack, and subtitles in French, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic and Dutch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong emotional/relationship storyline, 18 May 2015
I actually really liked this season, they are all different and this one has a strong emotional/relationship thread. I watched the whole thing over a couple of days while off work sick and got quite wrapped up in it, especially the love triangle thread, wheras in the previous 2 seasons I've watched a couple of episodes a week and they stood up well as individual missions. In this season the missions aren't quite so strong but Sydney still gets to dress up/play different characters and kick ass. I'm a bit tired of the whole Rimbaldi thread, tho having watched most of the episodes when the show first aired I'm aware that it is important in the last season, I just find Sloan and his implausible charm which convinces everyone to do what he wants a bit irritating!

Casting an Australian to play a US citizen brought up in London gives Lauren's character some interesting accent moments. I remembered the twist with her character from previous viewings and couldn't wait for that storyline to develop.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD ESCAPISM!, 10 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a fan of Jennifer Garner, then this is for you.
Because of the generous amount of viewing time spread across several DVD's there's plenty of time to get to know the films characters, which always adds to viewing pleasure.
Gripping viewing when you fancy a night in, and each episode lasts around 40 minutes which is just right...!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sub-par for the show, but still great., 7 Oct. 2004
The 3rd Season starts off brilliantly but by the end fades slightly.
I would still highly recommend the boxset though because although it isn't as good as Seasons 1 or 2, compared with other shows, or even the standard of television in general, it's still great.
In fact, one of the quotes from an actor in this sums Alias up perfectly "It's like making a movie every week for every episode".

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I have now watched all the Alias episodes and miss it. We watched Series 1 to 5 over a couple of months and each series got better and better. The bloopers are so funny. You cant go wrong for a bit of light entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best is Yet to Come, But God This is Great!, 12 April 2005
C. W. Martin Martin "glitch_47" (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
For Season 1? I see young Sydney, cute and uncannily innnocent, I actually see the first few minutes of the show, and Sydney actually trusting Sloane. Season 2? I see red, I see my love for Francie and I miss her. I see my favourite character. Irina Derevko Blesses the scene, and finalises everything in the emotional arc. Newcomers? You see nothing after reading this, apart from a lot of text.
Season 3? This season? Loved it. But there are two things people need to get the hang of with this season. It is filler. JJ Abrams wasn't there for the most of it, Lena Olen wanted out, and so an elabourate plot was constructed to keep the show in its prime-time tv slot whilst the crew figured out where they wanted to be for season 4.
So they began where they left, two years after the second from last scene of Season 2. Within seconds Sydney is screaming, running, kicking ass and getting shot by her lover. Alias is certainly back, whatever its form. The show pipes down for an episode or three, before there first comeback speacial: Alison Doren, the double who killed Sydneys best friend. After this excellent episode, we progress. Sydney goes through hell, thought and theropy to find out where she's been before she finally finds out, via her good old friend Kendal.
The season middles with a stunning reflection of season 2 with Will, Expositions and a shocking character revalation. From there? Watch the damn thing, will ya?
For season 3? I see charcaters I miss like my dead guinee-pig. I see ut-off hands, locations locations locations and I see a GREAT SEASON.
BUT a last warning. If you havn't watched Alias and you're going for an impulse buy: don't. The better has been in other seasons, and mother of mercy-oh-be, the best is still to come, take it from the rare UK resident that has seen season 4 Alias.
A great buy for the fans, go for 1 & 2 first if you're new.
Thanks for you're time and please report if you found this review helpfull.

Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD]
Alias - Complete Season 3 [DVD] by Jennifer Garner (DVD - 2005)