5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Blues CD
I first heard a track from Blues Deluxe on the radio whilst driving my car. I am sure that many will recognize the feeling if I said it was one of those moments that I had to pull over to write down the name of the track as I knew I had to get this CD. Since the delivery dropped through my letterbox I have not played anything else in my car.

Sometimes I have...
Published on 21 May 2006 by Cameraman

3.0 out of 5 stars Fire in the belly
With every new name comes the inevitable comparisons with the "originals" and you can hear them all here! So what does Joe have to offer us, and should you buy the cd?
Published on 18 Jun. 2004 by Knj Yates

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Blues CD, 21 May 2006
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)

Sometimes I have bought a CD as a result of hearing one track in this way only to feel a bit let down with the rest of the CD. With Blues Deluxe every track is a favorite of mine and the production is just first class. If you like blues I feel you will not be disappointed with Blues Deluxe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't wait. Just go and buy this album right now!, 10 Jun. 2005
J. Stewart (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
How Joe Bonamassa manages to remain a secret is beyond me! Having "discovered" him recently with his great New Day Yesterday album, I ordered Blues Deluxe, and am frankly just blown away! This is undoubtedly one of the best blues albums I have ever heard, and I own loads of them. I strongly recommend this album. Sadly, I only found out he had toured the UK after the tour was finished :-(
Joe does it all on this album. Burning Hell is a real Texas style rocker, followed by the beautiful title track. Just when I think these are my favourite tracks on the album, I listen to it again, and get blown away all over again.
Buy it. Trust me you won't be sorry!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fire in the belly, 18 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
Well he has fire in his belly. From the very first opening heavy SRV funk to the resonator slide outings, Joe Bonamassa can make your heart beat faster. The playing is passionate and the backing from Eric Czar on Bass and Kenny Kramme on drums is funky, tight and faultless. Stevie Ray Vaughan is in here in spades and although it is difficult to compare these two the same level of intensity comes through. This cannot be said about the other copycat artists and Bonamassa has a great voice - reminiscent a bit of Derek Trucks.
Nice to hear a Buddy Guy track in 'Man of Many Words' and he plays lyrically with conviction and authenticity. So if you like your blues 'straight ahead' , a bit more rock than country, and singing that does the same, Joe is your man.
While his youth gives him away and some self indulgency is forgivable at this level of playing, my guess is that this is not the best he can do. Still, buy it and start to follow this man, he is going to reward us with something excellent in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick of the bunch, 30 Mar. 2010
Dr J (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
i just wanted to say that, as a long-time fan of Joe's work, i've just been listening to his back catalogue again, in the light of his most recent release, Black Rock. And you know, i still think Blues Deluxe is his best album. I know Joe himself dislikes his earlier 'shouty' singing, and has taken great pains to work on a smoother, more tutored voice, but i rather like the rawness here, and the energy and exuberance of this album. For me it represents the apex of when his experience had started to really show, but everything still sounded really fresh and full of 'rising star' joy. Now Joe has hit the big time, everything is much more polished and glossy, but i think maybe some of that young vitality has been rubbed away and, dare i say, a certain sameness is creeping in. Blues Deluxe is a really mixed, hooky affair by comparison, lots of funky rhythms (which seem to have been ditched in favour of more straight-ahead rock rhythms these days) and up-front, twisty licks to die for, especially on the title track. It might be less polished, but maybe its got a bit more mojo? If i could only keep one of Joe's albums, this would still be the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Gem from Joe, 30 Aug. 2006
R. McFadden "Rog' the Runner" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
This guy is GOOOD. Great songs, great production and (as always) fine guitar work. This is the best of electric blues with an individual touch of class that Joe's playing and singing brings to every track. Not a duff song on the album - check out my personal favourite - Burning Hell, shades of the late, great John Lee Hooker with some fine harp playing to boot. You will not be disappointed with this CD - guaranteed.

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely deluxe, 19 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
I first heard Joe Bonamassa on Paul Jones' fabulous BBC2 program [thanks to the good ol' internet].

I ordered "You and Me" immediately and loved it. Craved more so decided to get "Blues Deluxe" sent over.

WEEEELLL...... I know comparisons at this level are a little meaningless but this album challenges my view that Stevie Ray Vaughan is as good as it gets.

Every track is a cracker. What impresses me about Joe is his versatility- there's the hard rockin' electric stuff, acoustic magic, sweet slide...

I mean, where does this guy end? He ends with "Mumbling Word", track 12, a luscious piece of classic blues with that lovely tinny Dobro sound [although the sleeve notes don't mention a Dobro, maybe it's that 1936 Gibson?].

Do yourself a favor, treat your ears to some of the most deluxe blues you'll ever hear!!!! 5 stars? Make it ten!

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-blinking-believably good, 22 April 2006
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
"Yes, yes, yes" in the fashion of Meg Ryan.

This is some of the best electric blues around. I went by the Amazon reviews when I bought this album and pe-lease listen to them. Jo Bonamassa is fabulous. Im a big Robin Trower and Rory Gallagher fan. They had their best days in the seventies. The noughties and teens are Jo's.

I can recommend this album and Im going to buy the rest. If you like electric blues buy this album. If you like great electric blues - buy this album. If you love the best, most fantastic electric blues - BUY this album. He deserves your ear time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep, this is a good 'un!, 27 Mar. 2006
J. M. Green "john94682" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
Having seen this one appear in my Amazon recommendations and having read a few reviews, I purchased this CD - and it's left me with a big smile on my face!
I know USA has a lot of people in it, but where do they keep hiding these purveyors of quality, driving blues???
From the off, Joe gets straight in there with some superb, aggressive licks and this sets the pattern for an excellent selection of self-penned, as well as old favourite numbers - including the title track, which Joe was amazed was written by a white Brit - none other than Rod Stewart (from his days with Jeff Beck!)
The quality of the selections, added to the incisive playing from Joe (and he's pretty good on vocals too) add up to a more than decent electric blues album suitable for those who like their blues neat, and those who like their blues to rock - in fact, it's suitable for anybody who just likes damned fine music!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloooooz!, 26 Mar. 2010
A. Jones "BluesNut" (Cornwall, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
You like blues music? You like extraordinary guitar talent? You like an artist that's not frightened to show where his musical influences lie? You will love this album. The whole blues genre encapsulated on one CD. From the driving, soaring solo's of the title track, to the acoustic fun of 'Woke up Dreaming', this album will have you coming back time and time again. No fillers. All outstanding. This CD is permanently in my player. If you're not too familiar with Joe's music, this IS the place to start. BUY IT. You'll LOVE it. Nuff said!

5.0 out of 5 stars another great young bluesman, 26 Oct. 2006
R. Grant (isle of wight uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues Deluxe (Audio CD)
first heard of joe on walter trout "full circle" cd .so i had to buy an album to try him out .i wasn't disappointed ,great blues and great guitar playing i'm playing this album alot ."blues deluxe" and "woke up dreamin" are my favourites but the whole album is great . i'm now listening to his album "you and me" that arrived today as i write this . got his dvd "at the rockpalast" for xmas ,can't wait . anyone who hasn't heard him will like this album .

Blues Deluxe
Blues Deluxe by Joe Bonamassa (Audio CD - 2008)