on 4 April 2016
Desperately wanted to like this but... the second hand didn't line up with the watch face dial (seconds and hours indicators) and I just couldn't live with that. It's a watch that is all about style and accuracy and that fault just screamed at me every time I looked at it so, with a heavy heart, it had to go back.
on 14 November 2011
I have had this watch for about 2 years............ok so its not a rolex but I had expected it to last more than 2 years and keep good time ...very disappointed...oh well its back to a timex or a swatch, at least they don't break down
on 15 September 2014
I just received this watch and this is really just a summary of my first impressions. It is a small watch but the design and the size of the face make it look bigger.
Some reviews have complained that the strap is small, I am six foot and heavily built and it fits me on the second hole, leaving space to get a finger in between the strap and my wrist as I believe is correct for fitting.
The second hand hits the markers.
I found the crown stiff to pull out and fiddly to adjust the time, largely because it is so small. I suppose the crown may ease with use.
There is a little play in the minute hand but not enough to warrant any action.
It looks good and feels very comfortable and I am pleased with my purchase.
Update.

The crown got no better and I couldn't set the time accurately so I returned the watch. It is also very small, I felt like I was wearing a woman's watch. If I were to buy a Mondaine again I would buy the bigger version.
on 9 December 2015
Great watch, really simple and stylish. Had my eye on this for ages and jumped at the chance when it came up on a lightning deal. I wouldn't pay the RRP of £140 though, its stylish but the quality is nothing special.
on 14 July 2011
Delighted with my Mondaine Swiss Railway watch. Came in a nice case. Leather strap is soft and comfortable and good for narrower as well as standard wrists. Face is elegant, easy to read and the watch keeps immaculate time. Very pleased with my purchase and would do the same thing again.
on 13 July 2015
I chose this item because I wanted a watch that was simply stylish without being garish and I must say, it is beautiful. It seems like a quality item although I must confess I hadn't heard of Mondaine before ordering. I'm also not a fan or large faces on watches and at 35mm this seems like a perfect size for someone like me who doesn't have particularly large wrists. My only negative point is that I would have preferred a matte strap over the shinyish black leather to allow me to wear it with casual clothing as well, but i suppose that's a personal preference that is easily fixed as the watch takes standard straps.
on 2 June 2015
Classic looking watch, simple design and comfortable, just what I was looking for. I have relatively small wrists, I would say strap could be a little small for someone with thicker wrists.
on 26 August 2015
I love these watches and they are the easiest to read in a fraction of second of looking them (Try it if you don't believe me).
The only problem is, is when things break - I've had mine a few years.

Strap - this will cost around £30 to replace with a genuine one.
Glass - This is around £50

I've cracked mine again and have decided to buy a new one instead with a date/time function.

Still, the most beautiful watch in the world....
on 17 October 2014
Was a bit smaller than I expected I returned the watch, the returns service was excellent.
I now have the larger date watch as a replacement within a couple of days. WOW!!
on 20 May 2013
Exactly what I expected. A quality, no-nonesense analogue watch. Refreshingly simple in a world where too many consumer items are over fancy and unnecessarily complicated.