Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 July 2005
A great album of chunky beats and rawkus guitars in the noughties!
Who'd have thought it possible?
Well Armand's pulled it out of the bag.
Some of the tracks on his previous lp hinted at a move towards (dare I say it) a big beat sound and now he's gone for it big time.
The tunes seem to be built around the vocals rather than the usual "electronica" effect of it seemingly being whacked over the top. The rock rawness for once seems at one with the dance construction.
Armand's house roots are blatantly there in the relentless, building rhythm of the album.
Dance albums are supposed to get your head nodding and this doesn't disappoint.
It may be house, it may not be, but it definitely rocks.
on 3 September 2005
I waited a long time for this album and even when it came out took me ages to get hold of a copy for various reasons. It's playing at the moment and does not dissapoint in any way. It's as deep and hard hitting as I thought it would be and every time the base kicks in it you just want to turn it louder and louder!!!
on 28 January 2011
I only bought this album for the one song, I heard My My My on the radio and couldn't get it out of my head, but I ended up getting a whole album I love. Sometimes on an album of this genre the songs can begin to sound quite 'samey' but not on Nympho, every song is unique.