Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£13.88+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 17 November 2005
Yep, half a year or more on and despite many many repeated listens, this album scares me more than when I posted my first review of it!
Put the time in and this is an incredible listen, dark-ambient music has never been so frightening!
An essential album that I can never recommend enough. I should also add that the track 'Pendulum Prey (Second Incarceration)' is at the top of my 'most played' list on Winamp by a huge margin. This is because of the vast intensity and atmosphere of this amazing track.
Suffer with 'Deleted Scenes...'or suffer in silence. One day you will understand why.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The Ichneumon Method is my favourite all time album. This is more 'dark-ambient' in that the guitars are toned down to make way for more disturbing, scary effects and sounds.
This album needs perseverance, I knew this when I got it (It took ages to get into ...Ichneumon...) and my patience is slowly being rewarded more and more. In a couple of months, this may have to change to 5 stars!
Dark, eerie, cold....terrifying really, the booklet art is all part of the sinister experience depicting images of the 'Transition Hospital' (very similar to the Mental Asylum in the film 'Session 9'). Track 3- 'Pendulum Prey...' has an amazingly intense moment before the jazzy (!) outro which sent shivers through me. How many bands can do that these days?
The Axis owns you!
on 15 August 2011
There are no real songs on this sprawling, chaotic journey - instead you're treated to a sensory overload of samples and almost industrial black metal. Occasionally there's a respite [most notably in a brief jazz interlude], but for the main this is a twisted behemoth of an album.