5.0 out of 5 stars Truth and Lies - A real return to form
Like lots of people I got into the Levellers ten years ago, loved everything they did. I liked the stuff they released after that (with the commercial-poppy mouth to mouth being my least favourite) but I know some people think they went off the boil at that point.
All I can say is that all of those people should listen to this album. In fact I'd say *anyone* who...
Published on 24 Dec 2005 by Mafiette

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the old days stuff
I've always loved the Levs, but feel that even though they have tried to get back to the old ways of theirs, they have just missed the bullseye.
The only song I really like is Confess, much more like the old style of music.
Not is all lost though with this album, after a few times of listening to it, it starts to grow on you.
Hope this helps.
Published on 13 Jan 2006

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 14 Jan 2006
This review is from: Truth & Lies (Audio CD)
If you liked the levellers in the 90s I would definitely check out this new albumn 'truth and lies.' Starting with the rocking single 'last man alive' right through to the reviving 'sleeping' this albumn has everything - brilliant lyrics, amazing music...fiddles in fine form too!
Absolutely fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this record now or stay ignorant !, 3 April 2006
Well,
Forgive my approximative english, for I'm french (nobody's perfect !): In France we usually say this album is kind of a "definitive one". Just listen 20 times to Confess (third song on the album) and you'll understand what I mean: a real hymn I loved truely madly and deeply !
So run through shops, don't download, and enjoy !
I gave only four stars, cause I needed more than 12 songs: everybody's got a hungry heart !

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Packaging...., 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Truth & Lies (Audio CD)
I bough this cd for a present, when it arrived it was in a plastic sleeve with a printed cd, to me it looked like a piracy copy, not something I was happy to pay money for or give as a present, retuned straight away, very disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish packaging!!, 3 Sep 2012
beretta - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Truth & Lies (Audio CD)
Well after spending £6.00 0n this CD I would have expected it to come in better packaging!
The disk just came in a PVC envelope with a card insert and nothing to protect the CD...Just reminded me of the pirate copies you see at car boot sales, absolute rubbish and I would expect better from a record company!!

Not happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a poor reflection, 17 Aug 2005
R. Campbell "Trickyrocks" (St. Leonards on Sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth & Lies (Audio CD)
This album is poor compared to all the other levellers outings. Their genious has been in making the songs simple, and letting them speak for themselves. This album is overly noisy, with effects being put in for the sake of it. I thought they were getting their act together after Hello Pig. For those of you who managed to see them on the amazing recent acoustic tour you will know how good "last man alive" and "make you happy" can be. Avoid this, make them release a better album in the old style we use to love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Band - proper music, 31 Mar 2006
A. Evans "rosietoes66" (West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth & Lies (Audio CD)
As a lifelong levellers fan I can tell you that this is a brilliant album. My favourite is Confess - brilliant musically and haunting lyrics. I had the honour of seeing them LIVE at the coal exchange in Cardiff on 29th March and what a buzz it was. Roll on a live DVD which they are going to record at reading Hexagon. This is a band with a passion for their music. I recommend Truth and Lies, but also ALL their other albums too. Long live the Levellers!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Truth & Lies
Truth & Lies by Levellers (Audio CD - 2008)