on 26 January 2011
At first I was a little surprised at how large the bag is, it's about the same size as a aircraft acceptable carry on bag. However, as a result it has plenty of room for lenses, camera bodies and is likely to meet most people's requirements. Lots of little pockets for memory cards etc. For me, I also wanted to be able to take my laptop with me and this therefore works well. Lots of padding to take the strain off your shoulders/back.

In summary, this is perfect for my needs as I wanted something to take on holiday that would keep all my kit safe. It won't be my day bag for when I'm out with the camera but I have another smaller bag for that.
on 31 August 2012
At first sight his backpack looks a bit big. At second sight it looks even bigger (make sure you checkout the dimensions, particularly it's depth) but the more you explore this item the more you realise how well-made, robust, reliable and useful it should be. Built like a tank with materials and zips that feel they are up to some serious abuse..there's nothing more frustrating than zips that fail too soon on an expensive piece of kit and I don't think these fall into that category. I can get my 2 canon DSLRs and 3 prime lenses in plus loads of smaller bits and pieces. My Velbon Sherpa 600R tripod will attach as well but with everything on board I can hardly lift the damn thing so compromises have to be made in my case but someone younger and fitter may do better. Straps and padding abound and again appear to be built to last and are comfortable with plenty of adjustment capability. Overall a quality backpack which doesn't come cheap but should last quite a while . Ya gets what ya pays for.... not for the faint-hearted and if you do get one be careful when you turn when wearing it as it can take out 3 people at once. Recommended.
on 26 March 2012
Had this now for over a year and a half, I holds all my lenses (5) and 2 camera bodys. The external tripod holder, is tough enough for the feet of the tripod with its plastic guard. There is enough space to add cards batteries and filters with ease. All in all this is a super backpack.
on 5 December 2011
I bough this bag about a year ago,i wanted a bag that could carry all my camera kit.It is very comfortable to carry as well,the straps are just as good as you would find on a top quality back pack.Another good point is that you can carry a 15.6" laptop,it also has good quality padding all round.All in all it is well worth the money.
on 25 November 2012
It's big, it's brash, it's light and if you have some equipment that won't fit in this monster you really don't need it!
It fits comfortably over the shoulders with a strap around your midriff which adds support and balance. The interior is adjustable as the dividers are held in place with velcro and can therefore be moved aaround as desired. A generous tripod fitting helps keep a tripod firmly in place. A compartment that easily takes a laptop or netbook and it's extras.
The bag has zips with waterproof protection.
All in all a huge bag that is comfortable to wear and packs in everthing you will need.
on 2 December 2009
Excellent well made and well designed piece of kit offering good protection and a comfortable pack for a hard trek. Tamrac have made a real contribution to the mobile professional photographer in bringing out this one. I'm delighted with mine.
on 8 September 2010
I just wanted to post real fast and say the Tamrac Expedition 7 backpack I received was exactly what I was looking for.
GREAT QUALITY + it fits everything I need and more.

Mike
on 21 April 2010
this bag does everything i want it to. It holds all my kit and is really well made.