4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
Published on 17 May 2006 by Mr. G. P. Nottage

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, but red plastic strip came off the first time
The good points first: it fitted easily to my Dyson animal, it is bigger than the tool provided with the vacuum - so worked quicker on the matresses.

But, as one of the other reviewers pointed out, the red strip on the base of the tool came off the first time I used it - very annoying and so it is going back.
Published on 10 Mar 2010 by Finlay

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 17 May 2006
Mr. G. P. Nottage "eylant" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
I saw this on Amazon and thought why not. We have a Dyson (DC14 Animal), and so an extra attachment to add functionality sounded good. Basically it's similar to an attachment we already had, but is about 3 times wider. So it sucks up more in less time. When changing the sheets I thought I'd try it out on our matress and protective cover. They appeared cleaner after passing over (but it's hard to tell with grey/beige), and you could see more dust in the Dyson, so it must have done something!

I wouldn't say it's a must have, as you could do the same with the standard accessory (taking much longer). It's good to see you can get these bits at reasonable prices - and since they fit all Dysons you could lend it to friends/family to use as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mattress Tool, 27 Mar 2009
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
Very impressed with this tool although the results from cleaning the mattress looked very disgusting! I would however mention that the red contact strip on the bottom front edge of the tool became detached on the first time of use and we have had to stick it back in place. Apart from that - very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Mattress Tool, 20 Sep 2006
jimshatsui (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
OK, so a vacuum cleaner tool is nothing to get excited about...but this tool is surprisingly useful! I used it to vacuum under the sofa cushions and was amazed at the amount of dust, hair and fluff it picked up!! Oh...and I found a few pound coins, too ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless de hairing tool!!, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
This looks like a supersized version of the tool you get with a Dyson as standard which is actually is. BUT this has amazingly improved function and is much quicker as it is so wide. Can be used on duvets, pillows, sofas, curtains, clothes, all sorts, fabulous when you have hairy beasts sharing your life - this makes keeping the house clean so much easier and makes me smile every time I use it as it is so efficient and effective and quick

Top tip - keep your eye on the top red velour strip as this collects hair that you'd not even noticed was there - this is really easily done by rubbing your finger gently along it with the hoover still running so all the hair goes straight down the tube. If you don't keep it cleaned it won't work as well - this is not a fault or criticism just testament to how well this tool works

Top tip 2 - if you are finding your Dyson to be less efficient (as I was) don't forget to wash your filters - I had and once it was washed and dried it was like having a new hoover! Really chuffed :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Works ok, but red plastic strip came off the first time, 10 Mar 2010
Finlay (Birmingham) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 April 2010
Gaz (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this mattress tool at the same time as purchasing my third Dyson as I thought it would help relieve allergy symptoms. The amount of 'invisible' stuff it picks up is amazing! I'm now addicted to vacuuming the mattresses in our house at least once a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mattress Tool, 23 April 2009
S. Harwood (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
The ideal and essential tool, for your Dyson vac. Also really useful for stairs.

1.0 out of 5 stars does not fit dc14 animal, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
I recieved this tool quite quickly removed it from its packaging it looked fine. It was only when I went to use it a couple of days later I discovered it does not fit my dyson at all. with the hose the attachment end is too small to clip in and if you attempted to attach it to the metal part of the extendable hose its exactly the same size. so its unusable. Complete waste of £12 and I can't even return it as I didn't keep the packaging as it quite clearly stated that it fits ALL dysons.I am very disappointed considering how often I shop with Amazon and everything else I have previously bought I have been very happy with. You need to amend the mattress tool description to stop others wasting their money asap!!![[ASIN:B00085EDRI Dyson Mattress Tool]

5.0 out of 5 stars Just excellent!, 4 Sep 2009
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
I do love my dyson handheld and this tool has made life a whole lot easier. A must with it being so much wider!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Mattress Tool Review, 27 Aug 2009
This review is from: Dyson Mattress Tool (Kitchen & Home)
When I first used this tool, I could tell that it was sucking up more than the Dyson supplied brush which I had used before. It covers a greater area too, which is handy. On the whole, I am pleased with my purchase.

Dyson Mattress Tool