5.0 out of 5 stars elvis
thank you for this cd that I was searching for long good compilation of classic and never released songs thanks
Published 11 months ago by Pierre C.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Steamroller Blues"
Published on 5 May 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars "Steamroller Blues", 5 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Elvis By The Presleys (Audio CD)
Now I would consider myself as one Elvis' biggest fans, buying virtually every CD whether or not I have all the songs. But this latest mainstream release is starting to make me feel a little bit deflated. Disc one is very uninspired, 4 of the songs were on the last CD (Love,Elvis-which itself represented another predictable effort) being only released a couple of months ago. This CD was supposed to represent moments in Elvis' life (according to the liner notes)and is categorised. The first track for instance is "Trying To Get To You" a studio take, but is under the category "On Stage". "A Little Less Conversation" gets another encore. With the latest single release, this is about the 4th time this song has cropped up since it's World Cup debut in 2002, that does not include the "30 No.1 Hits (Special Edition)" in 2003 with both the standard and extended versions on it or the "30 No.1 Hits" DVD.
My interest though was in Disc 2, which has the rare and unreleased recordings. Unfortunately, it seems that it was put together in a hurry and doesn't have any kind of direction. It runs for just over 20 minutes and has just 8 tracks, 3 which have been released before. The unreleased portion of the CD is very good including a private recording of "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" which ironically was recorded at Linda Thompsons House.
To conclude, if this was a school report, it would read "Could Do Better"

5.0 out of 5 stars elvis, 7 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis By The Presleys, 4 Oct 2008
This review is from: Elvis By The Presleys (Audio CD)
OK, for starters this product is a wee bit of a let-down because it features some of the tracks we've previously heard before on other Elvis albums ie those that are on 'Elvis 30 #1 Hits' and 'Elvis 2nd To None'. Other than that it's amazing. Buy it!

Of course I didn't buy it myself. I owned it once but, sadly, Disc 1 got scratched and lost and I only had Disc 2. But with the help of YouTube, I managed to find most of the sonmgs on this album and download them to my computer then put them on my Walkman.

Elvis By The Presleys
Elvis By The Presleys by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2005)