5.0 out of 5 stars Eases the pain if regularly used
Very soothing for arthritic hands - used on a regular basis . I have to say in single person use I peel off the wax and use it again. I keep it on all the time, so it is ready to use.
Published on 8 Oct. 2012 by Mr. Jolyon Vickers

Published 22 months ago by Mrs. J. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Eases the pain if regularly used, 8 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Therabath Paraffin Wax Bath Good for Arthritis and Stiffness (Personal Care)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Heat Theraoy Product, 2 July 2013
Therabath Review
I bought this bath, wax, mitts and plastic bags and therabath foot cream all through Amazon.
I have had this kit for a while but couldn't face the hassle of using it until today.
Firstly this is not easy to do on your own. An elderly person would definitely struggle ( I work with older people and so have a pretty good idea of average capabilities).
Secondly - you need quite a bit of space and thirdly - it does make a fair bit of mess!
The wax looks like a compressed bag of beads. The beads around the edges go all over the place, the solid lump in the middle takes FOREVER to melt. I put four bags in and it still wasn't very deep.
I prepared my feet using my Emjoi Micro Pedi (I love this gadget - see my review) and applied the Therabath foot cream as directed. It is fine - nothing special - perhaps any decent moisture cream would work just as well?
I tested the melted wax with my finger - and I'm glad I did because its much hotter than I thought it would be! I have very sensitive feet and so was super cautious. I could only dip three times and not the five they recommend.
After dipping (and quite a bit of dripping!) I used the plastic bags to keep the heat in. I added mitts too ( couldn't find Therabath booties on Amazon).
And then I sat for half an hour.
Then I peeled everything off. The paraffin comes off in one piece like a rubber sock!
An hour later my feet still feel very warm but are nice and soft.
I think this will come in handy in the winter and older people with rheumatism, arthritis or Renauds might benefit from (perhaps supported) use to ease pain in their hands.
By using a flat brush you could apply paraffin to other parts of the body (e.g. Knees) so I may get one of these next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased after reading up on the best to buy, 11 Jun. 2013
Amazon says delivery is within 4-6 weeks, but it came in three days. I had emailed to ask why it took so long to deliver, I was told it ships from Germany and Amazon have not caught up with the news that travel is now fast between countries!

So I had the machine which was well packaged, and was surprised that it came with a European plug, so contacted the company and they paid for me to order one from Amazon which arrived the following morning. I was credited for the converter plug by them immediately. Nobody had ever told them that it was a Euro plug before. They emailed me a couple of days later to say that they were in contact with the company in the USA to sort out getting a UK plug included in the box.

I think they are a first class company, both the German and the US manufacturer.
The device is plug in and let it get on with it, so whenever the pain is too much I just wash my hands and dip - so good for pain relief. As to the one star review, this has nothing to do with the machine, it is user error and has nothing to do with either the machine or the selling company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read Operators Manual carefully - don't pour hot wax from unit. It will wreck the thermostat and invalidate the warranty., 6 Jun. 2013
Mrs. J. Taylor "janepearman1960" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I've had mine for 2 days. Read the 5 easy steps card, put in some scented wax from another source, switched on and enjoyed. Unfortunately, scented wax disagreed with my skin, so, having not read read the final caution on page 2 of the instruction manual, and not wanting to wait another day for time consuming setting and reheating, I poured the hot wax out and replaced with the unscented wax provided. It hasn't switched on since. On closer reading, the warranty is invalidated, so I now use it as a bread bin. Using the big slow cooker for the wax instead. Should have done that in the first place.