on 27 August 2009
Spacecraft films are superb. Difficult to obtain footage put together in a fantastic package. This set contains a great documentary covering the Gemini missions from start to finish. As a starting point to the US space program you would be better off with a documentary such as the excellent In the Shadow of the Moon. If you want to get into things in more detail then this is the place to go.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
For 30 years I have been looking for a copy of the complete downloads from the Gemini space missions - now I have it!

I cannot praise this DVD set too highly - all the wonderful 16mm film shot in space, showing so much.

Great interviews!

A super buy for anyone interested in the history of spaceflight.
on 27 December 2010
If, like me you were a kid when these missions took place and also like me you got caught up in the space race between the Americans and the Soviets then this really is a must have set. Although the Americans were very open in the footage they broadcast, there was just so much material available they would have had to take over an entire network's output. While this set doesn't go that far, it shows all sorts of behind the scenes footage in the extras most of which I've never seen before, and the sight of an astronaut sat on a Gemini nose like the iconic scene in Dr Strangelove is amazing. A friend at work put me on to this set and I have since bought the Saturn V set and the Apollo 11 set, which are also just as good and to be recommended (5 stars also). I just wish Project Mercury was available in Region 2 and at a sensible price (ie not £92)

If the 1960's space race was your thing, you really should buy this.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2014
Brilliant Gemini missions dvd, a must buy dvd.