5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Great Soul Man
Published 12 months ago by Hanat Balimuttajjo

3.0 out of 5 stars CALIFORNIA DREAMING
I REALLY ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR ONE TRACK,"CALIFORNIA DREAMING"- I FOUND THE OTHER TRACKS NOT QUITE AS GOOD AS THAT
Published 10 months ago by David Pavett

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Great Soul Man, 7 July 2013
The title of the cd pretty much describes the legend Bobby Womack is. I loved this cd. I can't stop dancing each time I listen to it. I may be in the age group of those who may be able to say, 'gee I remember when that came out' or 'when I first danced to it' because I was not born until the 80's. But I do love my music and honor where my soul has been brought to the highest height. This cd di that. Not one song brought me down. I kept climbing through all colours of emotions, movement and sounds. I tapped where I could have danced on a table and danced. You feel everything. It's worth the buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Great Soul Man, 13 July 2009
jk "jon" (Poulton-le-fylde) - See all my reviews
A true great for the lovers of soul music,the album has a history of all of bobby's hit from the 60's through to the 80's with some truly great gems included.
This is a fantastic album and is great value for money !

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP and thank you Bobby Womack. The last great soul man, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Essential Bobby Womack: the Last Great Soul Man (Audio CD)
Heard of the very sad passing of this soul giant. I don't have this as I have the CD of 'Understanding'/'Communcation' which are his best and finest albums. Hopefully soon one of major companies will do a CD comp of The Valentinos recordings which is long overdue. There is NO such thing as soul music now as the music of now is sex/drugs/X factor driven. Will any of these so callers rank among this legend? Definitly no.

5.0 out of 5 stars The man is Soul!, 3 July 2013
Just superb, a great double album that covers many years of his career, and he is still out there delivering the goods.
A must have for your collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend, 29 Jun 2014
Quintessential Womack, this album soars with raw honesty and a natural genius that is Womack . The gravel tipped baritone of Womack shining through . Responsible for the huge success of the Rolling Stones seminal track : It's all over now which Bobby wrote and which they covered it's always best to hear an album like this on the back notes of Loud . Penning hits for the likes of Joplin, Wilson Pickett and Stevie Wonder and Rod Stewart Womack's sheer lyrical poignancy , haunting vocals and amazing technical brilliance make this album a must have for any Womack fans . Listen and be dazzled.

5.0 out of 5 stars soul music, 7 Sep 2013
Mrs. K. E. Williams "Singing Cat" (Nottingham. UK) - See all my reviews
everyone told me how good this soul singer was which is why I got the cd. they were right it is wonderful performance, the sort of stuff you don't get often, will buy some more

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 28 Aug 2013
The more I listen to this album the better it sounds. Definatley a 70s vibe, sounds like it could be the soundtrack to Shaft but loving it. I only really knew 110 Street before and that was from the movie Jackie Brown, so glad I gave it try. Will try some of his others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bobby is truly the last soul man, 29 Jun 2014
I pretty much have every one of his albums.This one for me has almost all my favourite songs.Like all great singers he has a unique voice that can't be mistaken for some else.

For all those new to Bobby i would recommend this one,the only thing i would have liked is an addition of two or three songs from the album [the last soul man] but then i might just be nitpicking and i think most people who loves soul music will be happy with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good!, 2 May 2014
This is a fantastic cd, with many of Womacks' top hits. This is a must buy, if real Soul is your flavor.

4.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL, 7 July 2013
ONLY BROUGHT THIS FOR A COUPLE OF TRACKS. SO IT WAS A GREAT DISCOVERY,AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY, IN THESE HARD TIMES