on 10 May 2009
Bought 2 of these for my 7 and 9 year old neices - delightful set. Comes with the basic press, plus paints and a stencil to decorate the wooden top. Also craft gear to make bookmarks and cards etc with the flowers u press. My only criticism is that I broke mine v easily by overtightening the wingnuts. Cracked along a knot in the wood - something of a sadness since my neice had just made such a lovely job of painting it.... That said, the manufacturers were v helpful and replaced the wooden lid by return, free of charge, with apols. A great present for girls 6-10y, I'd say. Just go a little easy with it.
on 23 January 2010
This is a great idea, our daughter was delighted when she opened it. We went to get some flowers, put them in the press, tightened the screws progressivelly and... one side of the press (made out of pinewood) just split into 2! Just along the grain of the wood. Bad design, wrong type of wood.
And this was done in perfectly normal usage condition: it was the 1st time we used it, and was done under adult supervision.
A shame really as it has great potential.
on 23 January 2010
I am very disappointed with this, i brought two of them, on the first use the wood on the top split straight down the middle on the grain, as this happened to both of them i certainly would not advice you buy this product.
on 30 November 2010
My 6 year old daughter was given this as a present. Unfortunately the box makes it look much bigger than it actually is! The press is about a quarter size of the box, being approx 5in x 9in. Only really big enough for a few flowers. I also expected it to come with everything that you need : it doesn't! You still need blotting paper to go between the cardboard ; pretty important! We had to improvise with coloured sugar paper as I wasn't able to suddenly pop to a stationers when my daughter wanted to use it! I don't understand why they didn't include this relatively cheap necessary bit, but yet they include a pair of tweezers which isn't really necessary! In my opinion, not worth the money.
on 7 December 2012
This was ideal for my neice's birthday. She loved making the cards and giving them to her friends. Has been well used but now put away till the spring flowers appear again.
on 30 December 2011
Bought for a friends daughter to press flowers she picks and make pictures, cards and book marks. Has had a lot of use and will hopefully continue to do so!
on 30 November 2008
Ifound this Flower Press to be very good for a girl from ten years old as it is very educational with lots of things to do especially for someone who is very artistic .
on 28 April 2009
A great gift or toy for a child or yourself. I only wanted to press a few items so this was perfect for me, easy to use and came with everything i required to press flowers.
on 7 January 2015
My granddaughter really liked it but a bit fiddly for a 7year old
on 2 February 2016
My daughter has used this loads, a super product!