5.0 out of 5 stars A-ha hits from the 80's to the 00's
If you're a A-ha fan, like myself, me you'll love the new best of/greatest hits cd "The Definitive Sings Collection 1984-2004".
Published on 1 Jun 2005 by Karen Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Finding this difficult to play as my CD player cannot ...
Finding this difficult to play as my CD player cannot always read this. Couldn't transfer onto my ipod either so very disappointing
Published 4 months ago by Janet wood

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A-ha hits from the 80's to the 00's, 1 Jun 2005
Karen Wilson "klw1967" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
I must point out that most of the songs from this new cd are already on "Headlines and Deadlines, The Hits of A-ha" although they are not track listed in the same order. I think the only reason why you'd want to buy this new cd is if you are a die-hard fan and/or to have the video of "Take on Me" plus a couple of extra tracks on this cd that aren't on H&D. Celebrity fans of A-ha include Coldplay's Chris Martin, Princess Diana, Duran Duran and their music is easy listening, poppy and memorable.
I'm not saying don't go and buy this because I have and I love it for my A-ha collection, but if money is tight and you already have H&D or even this new cd you wouldn't want to spend hard earned cash for the same songs on differents cd's.
I would have rather seen this new cd as a rare tracks or B sides from their many number 1 hit singles, but as they're touring and these are the hits of A-ha that people remember this cd will be great for everyday listening, parties, new year's eve etc. See them touring UK & Europe in 2005.
I'm sure this cd is going to propel them in popularity just like the Greatest Hits and Astronaut cd's did for their stable-mates, Duran Duran who are back to the original line-up.
One thing that A-ha never did was replace members and they all had much solo success but its great to see the original line-up still around today.
Love you forever Morten, Mags and Pal - Norway's most famous internationally recognised band!

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost excellent..., 15 April 2005
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
This is a well rounded package featuring some superb music and the tracks have been very nicely remastered. My only niggle (and it is only a minor one) is that the European release is better than the British one, which instead of the Take On Me video (already available on DVD over here) includes single edits of the indispensable "Minor Earth Major Sky" and "Forever Not Yours". (The European release also features the single version of "Move To Memphis" instead of "You Are The One".)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 30 April 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
This album is doing incredibly well and it should because it represents many of the band's best singles. Hunting High And Low is a classic for a-ha along with Take On Me which has been covered a number of times with great success, but none as good as the original!
The group is still great. The guys are still gorgeous. A-ha is back. Go a-ha!

5.0 out of 5 stars Long awaited album, 29 April 2005
Joan-Violet "Jo" (Lancs UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
A long awaited album of a-ha, at last all their singles to date, included is the award winning video Take on Me, a treat to see, bought tears to my eyes watching Morten recover after looking apparently knocked to a pulp out of a screwed up page of a comic book
Great visual stuff and great to hear all those singles again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent!, 1 May 2009
englishheather (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If you're not a life-long A-Ha fan but just stumbled across them like me, download the following 5 tracks as I did and be prepared to be blown away.

01 Take On Me
02 The Sun Always Shines On T.V.
04 Hunting High And Low (Remix)
05 I've Been Losing You
16 Lifelines

They are magnificent. I, for one, could not stop playing them. It got to the point where I downloaded something completely different to try to break the pattern - Amore [Version 2] - it didn't work! Much as I adore Andrea Bocelli and this album of his is brilliant it could not stop me returning to A-Ha.

I had seen an amazing rendition of 'The Sun Always Shines On T.V.' performed by Andrew Lancel (of 'The Bill') on 'Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes' (yes!) years ago but somehow A-Ha passed me by. Thank goodness we've got Amazon to bring all these timeless gems back into our lives.

Update 14 June 2009:-

I have, since the above, purchased the CD. There are other tracks of equal appeal to the 5 above so it was well worth buying. Everyone will have their own favourites so I won't list them here.

The movie DOES play on MY Toshiba L20 Notebook in XP Home SP3 via my DVD drive. It 'Autoplayed'. It took over the whole screen although the movie itself is in a small box in the centre of the screen. The help file on the CD says that the movie runs in QuickTime but I found that my version of QuickTime Player (7.1.3) didn't load it (just an hourglass for ages so I gave up) when I double-clicked the file (aha.mov) on the CD. So to run it again (and when 'Autoplay' is set off) I right-click the icon for my DVD drive (in My Computer) and click 'Autoplay'.

As the 17 tracks of music were not listed on the CD I right-clicked my DVD drive icon and clicked 'Play' which then ran Windows Media Player (I have version 11) and I could play them with no problems.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing A-ha, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
After hearing A-ha on the radio and seeing the video for The sun always shines on TV I bought this album back in April 2008. It's the ultimate A-ha greatest hits album. They are now one of my favourite bands so it speaks for itself! I loved it from my first listen back when I was 18 and I still love this album.

A-ha weren't just one hit wonders they were amazing artists and made amazing songs and albums. There are deep, powerful songs on here like The sun always shines on TV, Hunting high and low, Manhattan skyline, The living daylights (the fantastic bond theme!), Stay on these roads, Crying in the rain, Summer moved on and Lifelines to name but a few. I enjoy every track and even though some of the songs are romantic synth pop with You are the one and Touchy, they are catchy and brilliant songs. The album takes us through the band's back catalogue of singles from 1984-2004. The only albums after this are Analogue and Foot of the mountain. There's also the Take on me video on the enhanced CD. What's not to like?!

One of the greatest bands with a collection of memorable, impressive songs. The fact the band lasted for over 25 years expresses just how talented they are. They aren't just producing pop songs off a computer they are talented musicians and amazing songwriters. I thoroughly enjoyed this album and will continue to because it's some of the best songs from the 80's and beyond! It's hard to express just how good it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars a-ha at their best, 14 Aug 2005
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
It's such a pleasure to see a-ha back on the amazon charts where they rightfully belong. Buy this album! You won't be disappointed. If just for Paul Waaktaar-Savoy's hauntingly beautiful Hunting High and Low which has become a classic plus so many more tremendous tracks!
Once you hear these guys you'll be addicted. Chris Martin of Coldplay admits to being one who suffers from this addiction.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy for Aha fans, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
This is a must for Aha fans now they have gone for good Headlines and Deadlines brings Aha fans to a point they had their hiatus however for fans like me who rediscovered them it brings you a touch of the stuff they produced towards the end Classics like Take on me, Sun always shines etc are brill however complimented by Velvet, Summer moved on etc will give fans an insight to the latest music they were producing. However they have a 25years CD out so the choice is yours however I would like to see a non hits album with classic such as Living a boys adventure tale, Celice, Cosy prisons etc.
Long live Aha brought much music to my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars AHA-uplifting, superb album you will want to play over and over aga, 5 July 2010
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I had recently heard a couple of tracks from it on BBC Radio Two. The whole album is a reminder that Aha did not just have one hit record but several. Its a joy to listen to ,great for parties or for in car travel. I recommend it to all who love the '80's !

5.0 out of 5 stars If your Keane/Coldplay/Radiohead etc etc this is for You!!!!, 25 April 2005
This review is from: The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004 (Audio CD)
Listen to the inspiration of your favourite bands,More to the point,these will be your favorites after listening to it.It will make you look deeper into the A-ha engine which is certainly not going away.They still have a fan base most modern up and coming bands could only wish for and... i doubt if any new band could retain this kind of fan base.A-ha are not trying to be U2 or Queen,they simply are A-ha.They are out there in a class of their own and finally they have realised this.Class album and gives you a feeling of a lot more to come!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Definitive Singles Collection: 1984-2004
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available