5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST
This is exactly what I have been waiting for !! For anyone who ever liked the style of this Welshman it is a real must! It obviously deserves to become No.1
Published on 30 Sep 2005 by dpreg

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cd but
I think the cd looked like it was second hand - it wasn't in any film wrap and looked like the cd had been used. Nonetheless it was for me so wasn't too bothered as there were no scratches. Delivery was quite wick snd package well.
Published 11 months ago by Shaz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST, 30 Sep 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Shaky!, 18 Feb 2011
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
To be honest,I was surprised by how many songs on this album I knew.Great to sing along to - and a big help when cleaning, ironing, etc. to lighten the load a bit,or just for bopping round the kitchen when no-one else is about.Good stuff!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaky, 4 Jun 2011
The Shakin' Stevens Collection

Purchased item for my wife, really enjoyed listening to his music again.
IF YOU LIKE A GOOD OLD DANCE, BUY THIS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the memories, Shaky, 1 Dec 2012
Hal Marshall "Battling For My Ex-Wife's Heart..." (From a Suitably Safe Distance!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
I freely admit, I bought this on a drunken whim one evening. Being a grown-up is not all it is cracked up to be sometimes, is it? Every so often I yearn for a return to the safety of the Eighties; Swapping 'Smash Hits' stickers in the playground and reading 'Look-In' in the back row of dunce-set maths instead of doing battle with Pythagoras. Oh, I know I should have been swapping stickers of Peter Beardsley with the other boys but, let's face it, he wasn't exactly very photogenic was he? Keren, Siobhan and Sara, now that was much more my scene. And, of course, the fabulous Shaky.

I'm sure every one of the songs on this disc is an absolute classic in its own right, but the fact is I only bought it for a mere handful of examples of Shaky's genius, mostly from the year 1985. That was a tough year, 1985, and this man helped me to get through it. Let's look at his epic track, 'Lipstick, Powder and Paint' for instance; When I put that on now I am instantly back in my room, playing that number extraordinarily loudly for the benefit of my father. I used to actually wear a good deal of lipstick, powder, paint, high-heels... anything from that area really, in order to try to get his attention. That bit where Shaky sings 'Is you is, or is you ain't?' is almost an exact quote from my father. And he's still not sure about me, I don't think. 'Batting for the other team' - what does that mean?

This being December, any shop you go in around about now will have 'Merry Christmas Everyone' standing shoulder to shoulder with that one by Noddy Holder. Even after all these years, I still smile at my own naivety in believing this masterpiece to be finished with that first 'Doo-Doo-Dah-Dah'. If you can't feel good while listening to this then life really has inflicted its worst upon you. In which case things cannot fail to get better soon. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Since my divorce I have found myself resident in the sort of gaff described so eloquently in 'This Old House'. I'm hopefully not getting ready to meet any saints just yet though, although I might just get another lock fitted to my 'Green Door' just in case. I wouldn't want them Making Those Eyes At Me, just in case They DO Mean What They Say... .

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great "Shakin" CD, 3 May 2013
Lampwicke (High Peak, Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
This "Hits" CD of Shakin Stevens is excellent. It contains all of his hits as it says and also several others. They have been remastered and sound really good, both on the main speakers and on my iPod 5th gen through the Apple earphones. My daughter was a fan of Shaky and has lost her CD, so when she heard this she was transported back to her teenage years. Also our 18 month year old grandson dances and claps his hands to it so it must be good! Recommended if you like rock n roll, or even if you dont.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
I love shakin Stevens and the album is really good with all the best songs he's ever sang good purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Shakin' Stevens Collection, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
A gift for my elder daughter who was really pleased. She plays it in her car, and relives all those happy memories at once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shaky, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this cd because I have it on tape, and most vehicles have cd so I needed a cd of shaky, and the music sounds better and better quality, I recommend this cd to all you 80's fans and rock n roll fans,

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Collection from Shakin' Stevens, 15 July 2014
GARY (Preston Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
I just want to briefly endorse this album by Shaky. As I write this review the World Cup has just ended and this compilation has certain similarities to the German football team. No real outstandingly brilliant individuals but a strong collection as a whole. Pleasure to listen to this album and you just cannot go wrong with it. Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Shakin' Stevens Collection (Audio CD)
Brilliant, just cannot stop playing it. All the old numbers that I
remember are on there and all on one CD.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Shakin' Stevens Collection
The Shakin' Stevens Collection by Shakin' Stevens (Audio CD - 2005)