5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Treat to Be Alive and listen to SPIKE
Published on 26 Oct 2007 by Rosetta

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but so different to Quireboys sound
Wasn't sure what to expect but was slightly disappointed; maybe I was hoping it would be more like the early Quireboys songs and sound.
Published 1 month ago by YorkshireGirl

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Treat to Be Alive and listen to SPIKE, 26 Oct 2007
This review is from: Its A Treat To Be Alive (Audio CD)
I've seen the Quire Boys a few times now (travelled far and wide just to see them live), and I've seen Spike when he was supporting UFO (UFO were ok but I was there for the support band!). I've loved Spike and the Quire Boys performance everytime! However, this new disc is something else!!! Either this man has just found love for the first time ever, or he's a damned good actor. It's true to say that on stage, Spike is always charasmatic, full of energy, and definitely likes to engage with his audience. He likes a bit of a drink too, but that just adds to the fun and saucy facet of Spike's Rock Star persona. This disc,however, shows a completely different side to Spike, and I just love it! every single track!! Love the American girl's sweet voice in 'So far So Good'which somehow complements Spikes sexy but gravelly tones, but best of all,every track is totally different to the one before, and I just can't stop playing it. So well done, you get 5 stars from me, and as for YOU Mrs Osbourne,....YOU WERE QUITE WRONG ABOUT THE QUIRE BOYS ! Shame on you!

"For my Bedford Heroes, YOU ARE what REAL music is all about, and YOU ROCK!!"

Rose Ireson

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but so different to Quireboys sound, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Its A Treat To Be Alive (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb collection, 26 April 2011
R. Lovejoy "Rik" (England) - See all my reviews
I've always been a Spike (Quireboys) fan & so jumped at the chance to get his solo album with some new material.
I also loved Frankie Miller, so having one of my favourite singers belt out a few Frankie Miller songs as well as loads of new stuff was a no brainer (plus a Holder/Lea Classic) so this was an opportunity to good to miss.
Give this a listen you will be pleasantly suprised.

ARRAY(0xa8de5750)

Its A Treat To Be Alive
Its A Treat To Be Alive by Spike (Audio CD - 2012)