4.0 out of 5 stars CAN connect to PC
Published on 28 Oct 2005 by penny5466

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack of pc connectivity
I just bought this camera for some video editing, but I read the instructions to findout that it cannot connect to the pc, something not mentioned where I got it from. It is a good camera aside from this disadvantage, but i recommend going for something more expensive
Published on 24 Sep 2005 by gazerward

4.0 out of 5 stars CAN connect to PC, 28 Oct 2005
This review is from: Samsung VP-D351/XEU MiniDV Camcorder (Electronics)
I bought this camera for making home movies, and everything was going fine until I read the review above, which says that it doesn't come with any connections to PC. I then had a look at the specs on the samsung website, which are very detailed but hard to understand. In the end I downloaded the manual and it said that no, it didn't come with any connections, but you can buy a 4 pin firewire cable to connect to PC, which the camera supports and has a socket for. [If you don't have firewire on your PC, like I did, you can find them very cheaply through amazon.]
Anyway, the camera itself is great, the zoom is exellent and easy to use, the picture when you plug it into the TV is really good quality, and the design is excellent.
The only problems I've come across so far are that it comes with no tapes [again, look to amazon], and you can't immediately connect to PC.
All in all, I think it's a good buy, but if you don't want the hastle of buying firewire, get one of the next models (VP D352, 353, 354 etc), which all have USB connectivity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung VP-D351 Mini DV Camcorder, 27 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Samsung VP-D351/XEU MiniDV Camcorder (Electronics)
I have always been keen on photography and have a Minolta 7i so I do not need a camcorder with a still shot to memory card capability. I just wanted a cheap and simple camcorder with good zoom and this camcorder is exactly that. It is almost idiot proof and very easy to use. Connection to computer is easy - buy a firewire (also known as IEE 1394 card - mine cost £14 and came with the excellent Ulead video editing software for free - bargain). This camcorder does everything I need of it and I am well pleased with it.
Be advised that at the maximum zoom you will probably want a tripod for rock steady film quality (try holding 20x binoculars to see what I mean).

3.0 out of 5 stars Lack of pc connectivity, 24 Sep 2005