5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 31 Aug. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Meyer Select Advantage Non-stick Cookware Saucepan Set, 5 Piece - Almond (Kitchen & Home)
I would highly recommend buying this set of pans: not only do they look very nice, they are also a joy to cook with. Cleaning could not be easier and the glass lids with drainage at the sides make cooking safe and easy. As drainage is on both sides it's easy for both left- and right-handed people and it is lovely to be able to drain a pan of boiled rice without scalding or losing half of it in the sink!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pans and update - still perfect 1 year on!, 29 May 2010
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've had this pan set a while now and am really delighted with them (or as delighted as I'm ever going to get over a set of pans!)

A few months ago I bought a Meyer Prestige non-stick frying pan and was so impressed with it I decided that it was time I gave up on my old, battered, cheap set of pans and bought myself a decent set.

This set consists of 3 pans with glass draining lids (16cm, 18cm and 20cm), a 24 cm frying pan and a milk pan. All have a non stick surface that really works - no more soaking pans these simply wipe clean so easily. The stainless steel handles have soft grips on the underside and a thumb pad on the upperside so can be lifted without burning your hands, they can be used in the oven up to 180c and have a pouring spout either side so are suitable for both left and right handed users.

What I really love about these pans is the draining lids, each lid has a deep rim with draining holes either side, large one side and small the other (see uploaded photos) that enable you to drain liquid through the pouring spout, these holes also work well as air vents - brilliant idea and my colander is now practically redundant.

They have stood up well to my heavy handed use and no chips scratches or damage to the non-stick coating. Although dishwasher proof I have only washed mine by hand.

A great set of pans that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Update:
Had these pans for over a year now and still impressed, the non-stick surfaces are still as good as when I first bought them and although used daily my pans still look as good as new with no chips or colour-fading. Would I buy them again? Definitely, they're worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Meyer Select saucepan set, 29 May 2009
D. M. Brennan - See all my reviews
Product is excellent. All saucepans are easy to use, easy to clean and give good results. Particularly good is the fact that the saucepan lids are glass, so you can see what you are cooking, and the vent/straining holes avoid the need to leave the lids ajar to allow steam to escape. I would recommend the set to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pans ever, 15 Dec. 2009
I have had several sets of saucepans in my life. From the very cheap to the very expensive.

But these Meyer ones are by far the best ones I have ever had. I liked them so much that I ordered the sauté pan to go with them.

Nothing but nothing sticks to them. And when I fry I usualy use only a spray oil and still things just slide out of the pan.

They are fantastic quality pans and I can't reccomend them enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pans!!, 27 May 2009
G. Smith "Gill141" (UK) - See all my reviews
Very good pans, nothing burns, or even catches. The drainage facility with the special shape of the pans and the drainage from the lid actually work!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Meyer Select Advantage Saucepan Set - Fantastic value for money!, 28 May 2010
Mrs. P. Snape (Derby) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a saucepan set that was non-stick, with attractive enamel finish, glass lid, and capable of being used in the oven up to 180 degrees. The two sets of draining holes in the lid (one set smaller than the other to cope with rice/spaghetti through to potatoes) was an added bonus as I already have an older saucepan set with this feature and find it extremely useful. The rubber handle grips prevent the handles from becoming hot during long cooking periods. The pans are easily cleaned after use but I can't comment on performance in dishwasher as I don't possess one. My only criticism would be that the overall finish could be better. The saucepan rims where non-stick coating and enamel meet look untidy, and there are one or two tiny flaws (minute blobs)in the non-stick coating. However, that said, the set meets all my requirements and I am extremely pleased with it. It's very good value for the price and I would recommend it to others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short term good - long term pretty bad quality., 5 Aug. 2010
**Updated after owning pans for 12 months**

COmplained to Amazon about the second set, as below.
They've advised that there is a wider problem than mine, and as such they are happy to refund out of 12 month guarantee.
They also advised that they would not sell the pans until their investigations had been answered by the manufacturer, however merchants would still be able to sell on the site.

**Updated after 11 months of the pan set, original review below**

You'll see below that I've included my original review.
I had a replacement set of pans, after the original ones corroded around the base of the handle very quickly. Amazon replaced them effiently.
I've now got issues with the 'new' set, which I've had for 9 months. They now look awful - the outside of them is now grey, and it starts out shiny black. Not a massive problem, although you do want them to stay ok for a while!
Now the non stick is coming off - pans are chipping, and they look worse than a 9 year old set of Tefal ones we use too.
We put them in the dishwasher, which the instructions say you can do - however we don't have a really hot programme in our dishwasher like some do, do I dread to think what they'll look like after one of them!
I was also careful to buy some new plastic impliments to use, and chucked the metal ones (although the Tefal pans have put up with them for years!), so we wouldn't be tempted to use them.

I wouldn't bother...wish I'd gone for Tefal again!

--------------------------------------------------------

I got this set a couple of months ago, and they have some really good points, although ultimately a bit of a let down.
The none stick is really very good, and hasn't shown any kind of wear - obviously using plastic/wooden impliments.
The glass lids with the strainers at the side are a great idea, but the lids aren't exactly a snug fit, but they work ok.

My issue is now with the handles - two have started to go faulty, with the rubber part underneath detaching itself from the upper metal part of the handle. I can see another reviewer has mentioned that thiers have fallen off.

I am disappointed - I'm aware that you can spend hundreds on pans, so I'm under no false impression that these are the best, but they are £50 more than very cheap ones, and I wouldn't expect them to have any issues for the first couple of years - where these are getting dodgy after a couple of months.

I've contacted Amazon and have no reason to think they will let me down - they never have over the years I've shopped, but this is an odd one - do you return just the faulty pans, and keep the others, worrying that they will do the same? Can I be without pans while they get posted back, then new ones posted back to me?

I wonder if this is one of the only kinds of purchases that would be better shop bought?

Edited later - Amazon are superb. They are sending me a new set, then I can send the others back. They even provide a postage paid label for DHL to return. Hope the items don't have this issue again!

2.0 out of 5 stars only suitable for low-medium heat!!!!!!!!!!, 28 Dec. 2011
I should have listened to the other reviewers but I fell in love(sad but true!) with these pans as I thought the drainage lid was a great idea (which it is and works well) and that they are pretty and would look great hanging up in the kitchen. So , I decided to buy them but not put them in the dishwasher. However, after less than a month they are scratched and grey looking under the almond coating even with no dishwasher use so now I chuck them in the dishwasher with everything else. Disappointing.

Back again as just noticed that the instructions say: ''use low to medium heat when cooking. High intensive heat may discolour and damage the cookware.'' Under dishwasher use the instructions state:''Over time, the exterior finish of pans may become dulled/discoloured, due to the effects of strong agitation and harsh detergents.'' Even if I had read the care instructions earlier my pans would still be in a state as I often cook at medium to high heat. In my opinion pans are pretty useless if they are specifically designed for low to medium heat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lids are great but..., 4 Mar. 2009
H. Munton (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
The strainer in the lid is great but I have found that the handles can get hot so be careful. overall I do love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good... & even better 1 year on!!, 4 Mar. 2009
G. Brewer (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm writing this review on looks and first few uses of the pans... as for longevity I will complete another review in six months time. When these first arrived and I opened the box I noticed the pans oozed quality. They are a great weight, nice and heavy bottomed but not too heavy to lift/use. They look great and come in fantastic sizes - the big pan really is big! I liked the fact they could go into the oven too - fantastic at this price. The drainers on the lid actually work and completely drain the water. The Non-Stick coating appears to be good - certainly lasted a few uses and washes although I won't be using metal implements on them. All in all, so far so good! I like!

***ONE YEAR UPDATE**

Absolutely brilliant. They've survived over a years worth of cooking & dishwasher usage and look set to last years more. I've even used metal utensils ad they haven't scratched. Handles are still firmly attached, lids are in great condition. All my comments above still stand - these truly are great pans. Excellent value.