4.0 out of 5 stars Rebecca DeMornay tries to catch up with the plot in this one
Published on 7 July 2004 by Lawrance M. Bernabo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Standard
After seeing Dana Delany in Body of Proof - I have become a fan - but this is not doing her many favours.
Published 1 month ago by Alan527

4.0 out of 5 stars Rebecca DeMornay tries to catch up with the plot in this one, 7 July 2004
Lawrance M. Bernabo (The Zenith City, Duluth, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
In "The Right Temptation" Rebecca DeMornay plays Derian McCall, a former undercover cop who is now a private detective and who is hired by Anthea Farrow-Smith (Dana Delany) to investigate her husband, Michael (Kiefer Sutherland), who she believes might be cheating on her. Anthea insists that she would be more comfortable with a woman doing the job, which is how Derian gets the gig. But from the start we get a bad vibe about this. There is something about Anthea that does not scan right and if Derian is a bit behind us in her suspicions she does her best to catch up. However, that takes a bit of doing in this film.
Early on in this 2000 thriller I thought I knew what was going on, but I had about as much trouble as Derian did in catching up with what is going on. In fact, at some point Derian passed me, which is where I ended up liking this film more than I had thought I would. Every time you think you know what is going on you have no faith in your guess, and that is part of the fun. In a world where too many thrillers are stupidly predictable "The Right Temptation" defies you to figure out what is going on. The script by Larry Brand ("Halloween: Resurrection") might not qualify as being brilliant gamesmanship, but it is at least moving in the right direction.
DeMornay does a good job in the lead role. Her character keeps having flashbacks as we see what happened that made her quit being a cop, and we pay attention because we know it has to have something to do with how this storyline is going to get resolved. We know not to trust Delaney's character from the start and every time she smiles you just know it is not a good sign. Sutherland is rather disappointing in that he brings so little to the role, especially compared to what we have seem him do as Jack Bauer on "24." But overall the acting is competent enough as it Lyndon Chubbuck's direction. The question is whether you like movies that are like Russian nesting dolls (aka Matryoshka), where inside each doll there is another one. "The Right Temptation" is at least above average and worth a look for thriller fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Standard, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Right Temptation [DVD] (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't know, 19 Feb 2014
As at time of writing I don't know what the film is like because it is a Dutch import and Amazon in their wisdom have not listed what language this copy has been released with. I know that I should not have bought it without this knowledge but I expected to see on the case if it was in English, if not, has it English sub-titles, but I can't read this on the case because it is written in Dutch! as you would expect I suppose. So the question is, if I remove the wrapping and view the film to see if it is in Dutch and it is, can I return to Amazon? I don't know.

5.0 out of 5 stars he loved it, 20 Jan 2014
paula beckett (sutton surrey untied kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Right Temptation [DVD] (DVD)
My hubby brought this DVD because there two actors he likes in this film so he was over joyed when he found this DVD to buy on your website. He could not believe his eyes that two of his favourite actors was in this film.so yes he is very happy and it go here okay as well.

ARRAY(0xaa493ea0)

The Right Temptation [DVD]
The Right Temptation [DVD] by Stephen Rippey (DVD - 2005)
19.98