5.0 out of 5 stars Superior comedy (If you like it silly)
I expected very little from this comedy, but I haven't laughed out loud so much at anything in years. Excellent characters and ridiculous situations make it a lot smarter than it seems. It's got no stars in it, so you know it's not just a vehicle for anyone, but the guy who plays Kumar is hilarious.
I didn't think Dude where's my car was that good, but they've really...
Published on 17 Sep 2005 by B. Cornell

3.0 out of 5 stars Harold and Kumar
A great film but not a funny as the second one. Harold and Kumar go to white castle is the same as Harold and Kumar get the munchies. I like this film a lot.
Published 7 months ago by Gareth

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great movie, why are you reading this and not watching it?, 3 Jun 2012
D. Hooley "Dom" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Keeping this short

This movie is about two guys who get high (Warning you now in case you're offended by this type of thing: there are a lot of drug references), and get the munchies, so decide to go to White Castle to eat. I won't say any more, as to not ruin it for you, but this is easily one of the funniest comedies I've seen in some time. If you don't at least smile at some point during the film, you probably don't have a mouth. Kal Penn and John Cho are two of my favourite actors, and play their part incredibly well, and you find yourself becoming attatched to the characters as time goes on.

This movie was recommended by my brother and various other friends. In retrospect I can see why now. I may be a bit late to the party in terms of watching it, but it's much better late than never, especially for a film this well done. Alongside literally making you laugh out loud, the film lifts your spirits. I'm going to go watch it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were White Castles in the UK..., 6 Jan 2012
Andrew Driscoll (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
You have to be in the right mood for film such as Harold and Kumar, there's no doubt about that. The Humour is at times crass and frequently immature, but if you're looking for a laugh you don't have to think deeply into, something you can sit down, relax and just laugh at, this may be for you!

The plot is wafer thin and simply is a vehicle to drive the two leads (well played by John Cho and Karl Penn) into the next comic situation. They come across some very funny characters (kudos to NPH for his cameo) and in some senses the film can seem like a series of sketches. Typically these are funny if slightly immature, but with a film such as this, that's exactly what I was looking for!

If you want to watch this film I'd recommend sitting back, disengaging your brain and enjoying a couple of hours of escapism. Excellent stuff.

Got to be said though, those burgers did look good...

4.0 out of 5 stars Still smokin 2005 style!!, 19 July 2005
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
Funny film. Takes the Cheech and Chong essence and blends with the current American Pie / Road trip gross out humour. I wouldn't be suprised if a follow up is made.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wild road trip full of thrills, spills and weed!, 22 May 2005
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film at the cinema and i have to say it totally shocked me, this film is absolutly hillarious.
Its pure comic genius, maybe some of it isn't all that original but it still had me in stiches for a hours just thinking about it, I honestly don't know how to describe this film, just watch it and see, i PROMISE you, you will not be disapointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars great comedy!, 30 Jan 2007
Mark (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great film which will keep you laughing all the way to the end!

Acting is very good and the story line is just funny from start to finish! I won't say out to spoil it if you havn't saw it yet, but there are loads of funny bits in this film and one of my favs is the 'battle shits' bit!!

Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Does compare to Dude Where's my car., 1 Feb 2010
Mr. Pratab Ali "pratab_a" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
Other reviewers make mention to "Dude Where's my Car" and how this film compares well with it.

I would have to agree that it does compare with "Dude where's my car" but on the fact that just like that film, this film is carried by the other characters and not the main characters "Harold and Kumar".

Of the two main characters only Harold has any endearing qualities. You go through the film hoping something really bad would happen to Kumar, as he is very self centred and pitiful, though I guess this is what the writers wished to convey. So, well done on that.

The movie clearly had a decent size budget as you'll see (if you buy/rent this movie) but sadly, it could have been better spent on a better script and funny jokes.

If like me, you are uninterested in people getting high and wasted on "recreational" drugs then this movie is not for (me and) you. I made the mistake of going on a review that compared it to the "American pie" movies and buying this film.

The only scene I did laugh at was the one with a character called "Freakshow" who depicts a stereo type of an American Hill billy.

Also the scenes with Neil Patrick Harris are memorable & funny. So was the scene with the black guy working at the Burger shack at the start of the movie.

This movie goes from scene to scene illustrating the failings and prejudices in American society but not in any new or inventive ways just the plain though slightly amusing ways.

Fans of this movie are bound to mark my review as unhelpful but it won't change the fact that this movie is for some and not all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 7 April 2006
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
This is just your average typical high school student comedy. It's all about two guys getting stoned and having the munchies. They then go on a huge trip to White Castle because that's what they are craving. Of course there are major detours along the way. It has many funny moments, some original but some are predictable.

I wouldn't purposley go out and buy this film for the average dvd price but if I had the chance to watch it I would.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying., 24 Jun 2005
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
A harmless movie that really isnt that good or bad. Worth a watch if you like that kind of thing, but would you watch it twice? Probably not. Oh, and why wasnt John(The Milf Guy)Cho funny? In the American Pie films he was THE funniest character, but in this he is pretty uninteresting and cracks pretty much NO jokes. Shame, as he clearly could have stolen the show as I expected. All in all, this could have been SO much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Rip-Off, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
A brilliant film. Just loved the humour, the script, fantastic! Well I am actually talking about 'Harold and Kumar go the White Castle'. I loved it so much I looked on Amazon to see what other movies they had made, and hey, there was one I had not seen - 'Harold and Kumar get the Munchies' so I bought it.
Now know this 'GET THE MUNCHIES' and 'GO TO WHITE CASTLE' are the SAME movie! An absolute con, a waste of money and a sham. So - if anyone takes notice, I have given it the lowest ratings. One star.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hides behind great movies, 4 Jun 2005
This review is from: Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] (DVD)
Bad movies, dont waste your time.
Two maybe three jokes and unless your stoned not
funny at all.

Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD]
Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies [DVD] by Danny Leiner (DVD - 2005)
2.73