5.0 out of 5 stars Jack and the beanstalk: Made for a future generation
I dont think the 1970's world was really ready for this movie, from my humble point of veiw it was hurridly discarded as just another childrens cartoon instead of being appreciated for its full glory.

Published on 26 Jun 2007 by E. Ruggiero

1.0 out of 5 stars won't play in my dvd player
received the second dvd of jack and the beanstalk buy it will not play in my player could someone give me a reason why on start up it states the this dvd may not play in your region whats the point of sending it from the u's'a if it is not going to work
Published 19 months ago by ronald horn

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack and the beanstalk: Made for a future generation, 26 Jun 2007
E. Ruggiero "Raipe" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack & The Beanstalk [DVD] [1974] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)

The traditional story of jack and the beanstalk has been manipulated to present a darker more twisted version of the already quite surreal script, characters are lost and gained and put into situations that a mature audience could find quite uncomfortable to watch.

But beyond all this, this utterly fantastic film is (and i feel safe in saying) totally created by the most amazing, original, 1970's styled, perfectly voiced and suitably formed, musical adaptation that i myself have ever heard on a childrens VHS.

Buy it, watch it, love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Searching is Over, 5 Jun 2008
I searched close to 20 years for this cartoon. This is one of the earliest cartoons dat i can remember that i loved watching everyday. When i finally saw it on amazon, i didnt even have to think twice about getting it. I loved it as a child and my kids too love it. Pure unadultrated cartoon for everyone to watch. Not like the cartoons showing nowadayz. A must watch. Watch it a couple times you'll end up singing along.

1.0 out of 5 stars won't play in my dvd player, 16 Jan 2013