5.0 out of 5 stars no more neck pain
This item is excellent. I was slightly nervious at the manufactures description of a notebook stand. I have a laptop and the stand has made a huge difference to my sitting and reading position. Exactly as I wanted, and the quality of the plastic as other reviewers have said is superb. A great deal for very little money.
Published on 18 April 2007 by Mr. R. Robb

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not for larger laptops
Having felt the start of neck strain from looking down at my laptop screen, I decided to buy the Easy Riser to get the screen lifted up towards eye level. The construction and locking mechanism are sturdy and built to last, and would be perfect for any laptop up to about 15" screen size.

Unfortunately, my laptop is a Sony Vaio FW11 with a 16.4" screen size and...
Published on 30 Aug 2008 by Small Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars no more neck pain, 18 April 2007
Mr. R. Robb (Oxfordshire. uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington 60112 SmartFit Easy Riser Cooling Stand for 12"/13"/14"/15"/15.6"/16" and 17" Laptops/Ultrabooks/Chromebooks/Notebooks - Black (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality for your money, 10 May 2006
Mr. P. J. R. LEWIS (Llandudno N Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
For this kind of money you wouldnot expect an excellent quality piece of equipment but Kensington have worked hard in developing this product and it really shows in its ease of use.

It may cost only a few pounds but it feels very well made and should last many years and should be suitable for the majority of laptops in use today.

I have seen several laptop stands made of plastic that are so flimsy that they wobble when you place your computer on them.

Even though this Easy rider is made of plastic its of excellent quality a quality that could easily command a higher price.

It has four separate level settings depending on how you like to view your computer and is held together by a control knob on the side which operates in a positive manner.

Having nearly bought several similarly priced stands this Kensington certainly does not feel poorly made infact the plastic is very high quality indeed.

Even the rubber supports have a quality feel about them.

If like me you were searching for a good value no frills stand that if treated carefully will last many years then here it is.

A real nice touch is that the support leg folds flat into the main stand to leave a totally flat package for easy transport.

There can be few products as affordable as this stand that really improve the cooling of your laptop.

You only have to realise how hot a laptop can become if left on a flat surface for hours on end.

Using this Kensington stand will allow the warm air to circulate and effectively reduce the build up of heat from your computer.

Buy this stand with confidence you will certainly not be disappointed I wasnt and at this price its excellent value aswell.

5.0 out of 5 stars How did i manage without it?, 19 April 2008
Mr. S. D. Neale (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Have a 17" widscreen laptop which it supports effortlesly, the laptop temperature has dropped considerably, the cooling fan doesnt need to run anymore (why buy a cooler?)- my neck, back and shoulders don't ache so much - its sturdy - portable - it fits in my laptop ruck sack - easy quick and simple to put up - cheap...probably buy another one to leave at work because i sometimes forget to take it to work with me... what more do you want?

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for smaller laptops, suitable for 17" dependant on what you use it for., 1 April 2009
Eddie Elgar (Worcester, England) - See all my reviews
First things first, I have a HP dv9000 17" screen laptop. A large laptop by anyone's standards.
I chose this seller as the product is a more subtle colour scheme rather than the gaudy blue of similar sellers.
I have an issue with my laptop as the underside gets very warm when using the graphics card for any period of time, so the riser was the ideal solution. I researched the products available and found that this to be a reasonable price.
I was concerned by some reviews who suggested that this would not support my 17" laptop, fair enough it is made for a smaller laptop, however it suits for what I need. It holds my laptop safely, but there is an overhang to the sides and rear. The weight of the screen at the rear puts the laptop a little off balance, but it is stable.
As said in the title, ideal for a 15" screen laptop or less... but suits my 17" for what i need it for.
I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 11 Aug 2007
C. J. Gluskie (London) - See all my reviews
Like the other reviewers say this stand is solid, simple and extremely effective. I am sure there are many more on the market that are more expensive and less effective.

I wanted a good, solid effective laptop stand...I am glad I bought this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only five choices of angle, 28 Mar 2008
R. Peterson (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
The product description states that the stand has "angle settings from 3 degrees up to 40 degrees." Actually the stand can be set to only five discrete positions, 6 degrees, 25 degrees, 32.5 degrees, 40 degrees, and 50 degrees.

That said, it came with a quick-setup guide to help you figure out which setting to use, and the 40 degree setting works nicely for me. It doesn't take up much room on my desk, the open back helps the computer stay cool (the fan is running noticeably less than before) and it looks nice (mine is all gray/black, not blue/gray as in the amazon picture.)

I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Kensington, 4 Aug 2009
David John (Guisborough, Cleveland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very secure stand and quite robust. Minimal covering of the back of your laptop to aid cooling. Rubber feet avoid marking and slippage. Front is shaped so you can still access front of laptop, if like mine you headphone socket is there. Had looked at much more expensive stands but this does the job perfectly well, unless you want more USB sockets or a built in keyboard.
No problems after four weeks, so can recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good laptop stand!, 3 Jun 2008
Avgoustinos Kadis (UK) - See all my reviews
I was afraid that it wouldn't hold my 17-inches laptop but it does!! It looks a lot nicer than the picture! The plastic is very nice! Light .. it's great!
Thx!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Cheap and Effective, 12 Jan 2006
I've been searching for a suitable stand for my convertible Toshiba M200 tablet PC. This stand enables me to use portfolio and lanscape orientations.
It is surpisingly sturdy and fits into my laptop case. Even better, I saved >£200 by not having to buy the Toshiba docking station!
Amazon do it for a great price. Go buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 6 Nov 2009
E. Marsden "E Marsden" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I was having a complete headache finding a laptop stand to suit me - all the available models seemed to be designed to cool the laptop or for use with an external keyboard - most just aimed to get the screen to eye-level, which is fine - IF YOU CAN TOUCH TYPE. My problem was that I needed the KEYBOARD at eye level, otherwise I was just looking down and straining my neck anyway! The Easy Riser was a revelation, I didn't see a single other stand which allowed such a high angle, I find it very easy and comfortable to type on (using my laptop's inbuilt keyboard) and it's perfect for watching films etc as well. An excellent, sturdy, well-designed, durable product. It also folds completely flat to allow for easy transportation.