4.0 out of 5 stars Pryor
Published on 14 July 2006 by M. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite from Richard Pryor
Obviously I don't blame the seller for my low rating, I just did not enjoy this DVD.
I have no complaints about the quality of the product or delivery etc. That was great.
Published 1 month ago by MISS NICOLA LEWIS

4.0 out of 5 stars Pryor, 14 July 2006
This review is from: Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD] (DVD)
Have a coke and a smile :) this DVD is showing us Pryor at his early stages with his new raw humour! its like Pryor doing a live sketch pad show in a pub! the people there are his test drive audience, didn't anyone pay attention to the dvd contents?? this was filmed but it wasn't a big stand up show! or planned for a release at the time! its for Richard Pryor fans who want a glimpse into his delevopment/new direction from his 60's era! its hit and miss but great to see this guy have the guts to push/explore what he could do with comedy, he had to go through this to become the greatest comic of all time :) and what a job he did :) eventhough its not his best dvd, you will respect this release after seeing live in concert (later stuff)

Man, the guy who gave this 1 star! you should have bought Richard Pryor Live in Concert, this is pryor at his best

2.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite from Richard Pryor, 2 Mar 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment., 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD] (DVD)
I love Richard Prior being a hard of hearing woman I was very disappointed there was no subtitles. So it was no use to me . Amazon should give more information about products.I've passed it across to my son so maybe he'll give a review sometime.......CW.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny most of the time, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD] (DVD)
Hilarious in parts but falls flat in others but this is when he was finding himself as a comic and just testing the waters and for anyone who is a Pryor fan you should buy this because the parts that are funny are really funny

2.0 out of 5 stars From a Richard Pryor fan., 30 Dec 2005
This review is from: Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD] (DVD)
I’m here to share my perspective on this without beating round a bush. I’m a huge fan of Richard Pryor, I know he’s the greatest to ever do it, I’ve heard most if not all his material (Audio albums/ DVD imports) the lot… now this DVD I hadn’t seen and lord knows why it is only one of two DVD stand ups of Rich released in the UK… Coz even I can tell you… It was a huge disappointment… I laughed once… ‘Richard Pryor live on the sunset strip’ (His other UK Release) is close to being the greatest stand up of all time, by any comedian… Rich’s jokes are more or less ripped off by everyone from Eddie Murphy to Eddie Griffin, Chris Rock to Cedric the entertainer.. Unbelievable how much Richard Pryor material is bitten in ‘The original Kings of comedy’ yet so many remain ignorant of the mans impact on modern comedy… and even black people in show business… He broke down many barriers in Hollywood in the 70’s… anyway… Please do not let this disastrous, poor excuse for a quick buck determine your opinion on Rich… Even ‘Here and Now’ is much better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Before his time and technique, 17 Dec 2007
Ms. Samantha L. Wallace "SamxWx" (Whitburn, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great DVD for all Richard Pryor enthusiasts...however, if your looking for laugh a minute comedy which we are so used to then this isn't it. Its an example of how he was so before his time in that people were not quite ready to laugh at the ways in which African Americans had been oppressed but he was damn well sure going to do it anyway!

Like I said, buy this if you love him, but not if your looking for another wacky clever comedy sketch.

ARRAY(0xab670ec4)

Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD]
Richard Pryor - Live And Smokin' [DVD] by Michael Blum (DVD - 2005)
9.50