on 4 May 2008
My TV has two scart sockets, but only one of them is RGB enabled, so I thought I'd try this product, and I'm glad I did because I now have Sky+, DVD and Wii (with a suitable RGB cable) all in glorious RGB quality. It really makes a difference compared to composite. The build quality of the product is very good, especially considering the price - it feels solid and sturdy. The only possible downside is that it doesn't auto-switch inputs, you have to manually switch, but for me this is actually a good feature as it eliminates any possibility of interference or unwanted switching.
on 24 June 2010
Been using one of these for a few years and does the job easy, saves you time and effort in having to keep switching between Scart connected devices, but one of the things that isn't mentioned is that you can switch between Composite or RGB by pressing one of the buttons.

Also when I had bought one a few years back it never came with a Scart cable, so you'll need to buy one.
on 5 July 2007
I have been using this unit for about a month.And have had PS2,PS3,XBOX,XBOX 360 and even the old Dreamcast plugged into it.
It works perfectly,everything in RGB,and no interference.
This is the unit I have been looking for,for years.I thoroughly recommend it.
on 6 February 2012
As usual, delivered on time through amazon. This box is well made, not like some other boxes around this price. I only wanted the box to switch 2 scart sources to the TV (Freeview box and DVD player) and it does this with a push of the relevant button. Nice solid feel to the buttons and not as clunky as I expected. There is no cross talk between sources and I have not noticed any loss of quality in sound or picture. Does the job very well at the right price.
on 31 December 2012
this box enabled me to connect sky box and dvd to my new tv as it only had one scart connector easy to use just press button for sky then another to watch dvds no probs at all and easy to set up too good price amd quick delivery too
on 14 May 2013
I am not overly technical and found this really easy to use, simply stick a lead from the box in to the back of the TV, then sitck the scart leads from the Freeview & DVD player in to the box. Job done. If I need to use the DVD player I simply push the DVD button on the back of the box, brilliant!"
on 14 February 2013
My TV only has one HD & Scart connection, so this has solved several cable changing problems. A fantastic piece of kit.
on 10 December 2011
I bought this along with 4 shielded scart cables (Ex-Pro Premium 1.8m Gold Scart Cable Lead, 21 Pin, Fully Screened. 2 Year Warranty. Extra Value cable.) as I have had issues with interference using auto scart switches before.

Plus points:
1) Fair price
2) Packaging was minimal but adequate and the device was received undamaged.
3) Setup was a doddle even though there were no instructions.
4) No interference when multiple sources were powered on (DVD player & VCR) at the same time.
5) Nice large buttons are easy to operate.

Minus Points:
1) The gold labeling printed onto the device is faded in areas and appears to rub off easily. This is not a problem for me as I had intended to use a label printer to create labels for each source anyway.

Overall I am very happy with this device. It has achieved everything I needed it to do (manually switch between multiple sources easily without any interference) and would recommend it to anyone with similar requirements.
on 20 September 2011
Perfectly good unit if what you are looking for is an automatic switch. However, if like me you specifically need a manual switch (because you are using RCA to SCART adapters that don't trigger pin 8 to switch the inputs) this won't work. The problem is that the picture on the Amazon site shows a manual switch (i.e one where you physically push a button to switch the inputs). What arrived didn't match the picture. Instead it was a fully automatic switch.
on 12 April 2016
I needed a way to connect a bunch of old games consoles (MegaDrive, Saturn, PS2, Dreamcast, 360) to a CRT TV without constantly having to reach behind the TV and swap the SCART.

This works brilliantly.

1.) Doesn't require a separate power source, it's a simple mechanical switch internally.
2.) Supports RGB through SCART
3.) The switches have a satisfying "clunk"
4.) You have an additional feature that also allows you to record from one SCART source to another... Something I'll never use but hey :-D
5.) Two, additional RCA audio/video outputs that can be used at the same time as the SCART output. Awesome for routing audio through a hi-fi or standalone speaker system.

Thoroughly impressed - would recommend to anyone.