4.0 out of 5 stars Dated but special, 1 Sept. 2006
D. Bates (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wodehouse Playhouse - Series 1 To 3 [DVD] (DVD)
At first I didn't quite know what to think, this is, after all, a very old series. But after I had got through a few episodes I had made up my mind that this was something wonderful. The budget was obviously low but the perfomances by Collins and Alderton are outstanding. Weather or not old Plum got to see these shows is not stated although he does appear at the beginnings of series two and commented on the forthcoming episodes.

I strongly suspect that the BBC used the very same gorilla costume for "Not the Nine O'clock News" from the episode set in Hollywood.

Of course, the books are always better. The man was a genious, the likes of who will never be seen again but, this is a worthy tribute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting and Uplifting, 28 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Wodehouse Playhouse - Series 1 To 3 [DVD] (DVD)
These are delightful episodes, and some of them made me laugh like I have not laughed for a long time. Clever stories, very well acted by John Alderton and Pauline Collins, as well as all the other characters.

They provide a definite feel-good factor, as I for one keep thinking back to some of the scenes and I have to chuckle. Very enjoyable all told!

Wodehouse Playhouse - Series 1 To 3 [DVD]
Wodehouse Playhouse - Series 1 To 3 [DVD] by John Alderton (DVD - 2005)
Used & New from: £69.99