2,347 Reviews
 (1,400)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Everyone giving these phones a 5 star rating is quite right. I really wanted a pair of Sennheiser headphones and thought I'd give the HD201 model a try. For the price, I expected something fairly mediocre. How wrong can you be?

Published on 24 Nov. 2006 by Mr. LH

3.0 out of 5 stars great value and sounds, but not the best build quality
This is a great value pair of headphones that sound amazing... but there is a reason why they are so cheap - the build quality is not the best.

i had a pair about a month and had them in my bag, and when i opened the bag up one day found that they had snapped inside above one of the ear pieces, no way to replace/repair it so had to buy another pair which i'll...
Published 21 months ago by Geofftech

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Nov. 2006

The sound quality is absolutely outstanding. If I'd paid £100 for these, I'd have been happy. I'm no DJ or sound expert, but still cannot believe the clarity and rich sound. I'm not convinced the bass is as deep as some have said and I think it does need a little boost from an amp, but the phones handle it with no distortion. After buying these, I listened to various genres of music (from classical to trance) and wasn't disappointed with any. I then left them connected overnight with a playlist of the different music styles to bed them in. It does make a huge difference to the sound and is worth the effort.

No wonder Sennheiser have such a good reputation! Don't be fooled by the price of these, they look and sound a lot more expensive!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 25 Mar. 2006
These are probably the best cans in the WORLD for under £20. They are balanced, have great bass response, strong mids and sparkling highs. Although a little on the bright side for some, they do offer superb sound reproduction at this price. They are also sealed, and have a low impedance (32ohm), making them ideal for portable use. (rember to break them in)
Pros:
>Loud (32ohm) and sealed shutting out outside sound and sealing your music in.
>They are VERY light AND comfortable
>Unrivalled sound quality at this price point
>If you are one of the anti-Grado fashion-esque folk then these headphones are stunners, the look COOL and expensive.
Cons:
> The cable doesnt have an uptake and is quite long, so youll need a hairband or elastic band to keep the 3m cable under control.
>For the lazy hermits among you, there is no volume control, though i dont really see this as a disadvantage (they damage sound quality)
>They will make you/your teenager yearn for better sounding phones and when your kid starts begging you for the Senn HD650s dont complain.
:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the money, 17 Oct. 2006
S. Ali (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These headphones sound great with my ipod and my macbook, and has superb clarity, treble and bass. I recently bought the sony MDR-V300 Headphones and these are way better! The sound is way clearer, compared to the sony's which have way too much bass in my opinion. Also these are much more comfortable than the sony for extended periods of time...Solid purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy headphones in the £10-40 price range, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones (Electronics)
Seriously, if you are thinking about spending £40 on a pair of headphones because you think you'll get better quality than these... well don't bother. I have owned loads of different pairs of 'general use' budget over-ear headphones in the last 10 years, from pretty much all of the main brands, and these are better than all of them by a long way. I use them for general recording and studio work (although I do have an expensive set for mixing), watching movies on the train, and listening to music on the move. The quality of audio is pretty much the same across all Sennheiser headphones whether you buy high end or low end... it is always crisp, clear and well balanced. I generally use EQ with these phones as although there is a decent amount of bass, the overall quality can be enhanced with a little bit of work.

Overall, I thoroughly recommend these for anyone on a budget, for general music use, movies or gaming. You'll need to wear them in a bit as they do feel tight at first, but only a few days and they'll be snug and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser at what price ? c'ant be true., 27 Jun. 2007
Mr. K. Padden "keithp" (England) - See all my reviews
I paid in excess of £50 at least 15 years ago for my origonal Sennhieser headphones.I was looking at the Sennheiser PXC250 Headphones with the noise cancelling facility £48 - £100 depending on where you buy them,then stumbled upon a review of the HD 201's.£7.99 blimey the postage cost was

£4.48.After reading the positive reviews I ordered them and have to say that I am not dissapointed at all.A bit cheap looking,very comfortable.

Using them with my Sony walkman CD PLAYER I had to up the volume a fair bit but the sound is very mellow no distirtion at all.Good stereo seperation, clear trebble,Bass could be better but very acceptable especialy at the price.Overall you really c'ant go wrong highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 11 Jun. 2007
Ms. A. Mcconachie "princessailsa" (Hebden Bridge, UK) - See all my reviews
Wow! Where to begin with these. I could not believe you could get any Sennheiser gear for this price, so I was not expecting much. I was amazed to find on first inspection good padded headphones that swivel nicely on the headband, with a good long cable and a 3.5 to quarter inch adaptor (gold plated) included. This makes for a comfortable listening experience - which does not always happen to me as I have a big head!

I plugged them into my PC to listen to my mp3 collection and was blown away with the sound. Crisp treble, coupled with a good bass sound that doesn't overwhelm the mid-tones. Listening to acoustic guitar music was a revelation as every subtle string squeak and rattle was brought to life. Equally great with vocals, tunes with heavy bass etc.

I have bought other more expensive 'phones by other well known manufacturers and these beat them hands down! I will be ordering another pair as a "spare" soon.

To top it all they have a 2 year warranty!

Fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Headphones, 8 May 2013
Dominic Buswell (Bournemouth Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
These headphones are great for the price.
Any one that says they maximise bass is wrong. There frequency does not allow this, if anything they lack on high frequencies.
Being a music technology student, buying some of these at the start of the year was great, they are cheap, fairly robust if you look after them, it has a massive headphone lead great for mixing (especially when the mac is miles away). I have used these on logic pro 8/9 mixing dub step, recording and re-araging a track. The clarity is great, you can define almost the whole frequency spectrum, this is great when you have to listen out for cuts/ random high notes that are caused by distortion.

Overall great headphones, would recommend these headphones to anyone really. They are just as good as beats, if not better because beats do emphasise bass its just how they are made. These headphones give a fairly realistic sound to what the producers want you to hear when they are mixing.

Hope it helped

5.0 out of 5 stars If you needed more......, 25 July 2006
Narry Borman (Outer Mongolia) - See all my reviews
If you needed more positive feedback, then here it is. These are very comfortable to wear - light and adjustable. Sound reproduction is excellent. Listening to many different genres, and at reasonable volumes; bass is well defined, trebles don't sound too bright, and the midrange is superb. Depending on your needs the very long cable is a benefit. The best value for money I have spent on anything for quite some time. I haven't tried more expensive headphones, so I can't make a comparison, but how much better can sound reproduction get per pound? Not much I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value, 10 Aug. 2007
M. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
I run a small recording studio and needed extra/spare headphones in case of any unexpected breakages or unexpeceted extra musicians. I bought these cos they were so cheap and the reviews at headphone.com were so positive. I expected at best just to not hate them, but Im actually astounded by them. For headphones that cost me £10, these are absolutely unbelievable.
Naturally they can't compare to £50+ sets out there, but how close they come is frightening. They're extremely light and comfortable, the mids dont honk like all other cheaper sets, and theres an evenness to the tone that suits a studios needs really well. I had an extremely talented pianist wear them all day in a very long session and he made no comment. He just never guessed that they were imposters in a professional environment.
The only quibble you could make is that they're a little quiet, so they need cranking, but me - I instantly ordered another set.

5.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm not bad, 28 Dec. 2011
I received these as a christmas present from my Mum. I originally asked for Beats By Dr. Dre, but after trying out my mate's pair I wasn't that impressed. So after scouring Amazon for a decent, not too expensive, pair of headphones. And these fitted the bill. Under £20 and Sennheiser, a trusted brand. I have, for the past year, listened to the awful Apple earphones that came with my iPod. When I tried these all my music sounded AMAZING! The bass is deep and clear, but not overdone like in the Beats. While the sound quality doesn't quite match up to the awesomeness of the Sennheiser HD 800s its brilliant for the price. The sound is so good I have been able to detect tiny blips on my dodgy downloads, which I never noticed before. The sound quality is too good!

Onto the build and look. They look great and are really comfortable. Compared to the HD 215s they are much comfier as they are very light. The rugged build will definitely last me a very long time and I've dropped them on pavements and been absolutely fine.

I only have a few, minor quibbles.
-The wire is waaaay too long, I had to roll it up and bind it with some string
- They don't collapse so you need a big carry case.

Apart from that they are a great set of strongly built headphones with a great look and brilliant sound quality; for less than £20! Buy now, even if you don't like them, it only a tenner anyway!

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones