5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Everyone giving these phones a 5 star rating is quite right. I really wanted a pair of Sennheiser headphones and thought I'd give the HD201 model a try. For the price, I expected something fairly mediocre. How wrong can you be?

Published on 24 Nov. 2006 by Mr. LH

I use headphones nearly daily on my commute and at home, for approx 4 to 6 hours a day. I go through headphones like it's no one's business, and decided to get a cheaper pair in the interim between my last headphones and my next one's (saving for a better pair of Sennheiser or Bose).

These have served me well for the last two months. The pros are as everyone...
Published 5 months ago by Lilian Tula

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Nov. 2006

The sound quality is absolutely outstanding. If I'd paid £100 for these, I'd have been happy. I'm no DJ or sound expert, but still cannot believe the clarity and rich sound. I'm not convinced the bass is as deep as some have said and I think it does need a little boost from an amp, but the phones handle it with no distortion. After buying these, I listened to various genres of music (from classical to trance) and wasn't disappointed with any. I then left them connected overnight with a playlist of the different music styles to bed them in. It does make a huge difference to the sound and is worth the effort.

No wonder Sennheiser have such a good reputation! Don't be fooled by the price of these, they look and sound a lot more expensive!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Sennheisers!!, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones (Electronics)
Received these headphones today and just love them!! (wearing them as I type this review actually!! Pic attached!!). Very comfortable to wear with adjustable headband and very well padded as well. Very long cable and the standard headphone jack size (3.5mm I believe) so they plug into my tablet brilliantly!! I definitely recommend these and they are also excellent value for money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy headphones in the £10-40 price range, 21 July 2012
Seriously, if you are thinking about spending £40 on a pair of headphones because you think you'll get better quality than these... well don't bother. I have owned loads of different pairs of 'general use' budget over-ear headphones in the last 10 years, from pretty much all of the main brands, and these are better than all of them by a long way. I use them for general recording and studio work (although I do have an expensive set for mixing), watching movies on the train, and listening to music on the move. The quality of audio is pretty much the same across all Sennheiser headphones whether you buy high end or low end... it is always crisp, clear and well balanced. I generally use EQ with these phones as although there is a decent amount of bass, the overall quality can be enhanced with a little bit of work.

Overall, I thoroughly recommend these for anyone on a budget, for general music use, movies or gaming. You'll need to wear them in a bit as they do feel tight at first, but only a few days and they'll be snug and comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price you can't complain, but they aren't durable for everyday use., 2 Feb. 2015

These have served me well for the last two months. The pros are as everyone else lists: sound quality is excellent for the price, and far superior to some expensive makes. In my opinion they sound better than Skull Candy, WESC, UrbanEars and Beatz. If you are mostly streaming music through something like Spotify, these will do a great job. They also aren't too noisy and fit comfortably, but run a little big if you have a tiny grapefruit head like me.

The downsides? They don't go too loud which can be a problem, but I appreciate only noise cancelling headphones sound great over the din of the London Underground. The cable is SUPER long so I have to tuck it into my pockets, and it tangles on everything including commuters rushing past me on their escape from the tube. They also aren't the most compact nor the most durable of things, and after two months of a daily commute they are sounding a little crackly in the left side. I would also add that they aren't the most attractive headphones either, and as I use headphones a lot I like to treat them like a fashion accessory (without compromising on sound).

Ultimately, for the price they are, they are practically disposable. I would happily buy a replacement pair if I were only using them in the office, or otherwise not constantly commuting with them. I just wish they had lasted a little longer!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 25 Mar. 2006
These are probably the best cans in the WORLD for under £20. They are balanced, have great bass response, strong mids and sparkling highs. Although a little on the bright side for some, they do offer superb sound reproduction at this price. They are also sealed, and have a low impedance (32ohm), making them ideal for portable use. (rember to break them in)
Pros:
>Loud (32ohm) and sealed shutting out outside sound and sealing your music in.
>They are VERY light AND comfortable
>Unrivalled sound quality at this price point
>If you are one of the anti-Grado fashion-esque folk then these headphones are stunners, the look COOL and expensive.
Cons:
> The cable doesnt have an uptake and is quite long, so youll need a hairband or elastic band to keep the 3m cable under control.
>For the lazy hermits among you, there is no volume control, though i dont really see this as a disadvantage (they damage sound quality)
>They will make you/your teenager yearn for better sounding phones and when your kid starts begging you for the Senn HD650s dont complain.
:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for the money, 17 Oct. 2006
S. Ali (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These headphones sound great with my ipod and my macbook, and has superb clarity, treble and bass. I recently bought the sony MDR-V300 Headphones and these are way better! The sound is way clearer, compared to the sony's which have way too much bass in my opinion. Also these are much more comfortable than the sony for extended periods of time...Solid purchase!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable bargain, 15 May 2009
I own two pairs of HD201s since a month back. Here are my comments on sound, fit and build.

Sound: The sound from these headphones belies its pricetag. They seem to have a fairly linear response which provides a clear and 'relaxed' sound. Compared to my expensive Denon headphone these can actually be more relaxed to listen to as the Denon's have more pronounced bass and treble making them more intrusive. On the downside, the HD201s have a fairly low response overall meaning that you need to turn up the volume more than on many other headphones. Bass response is good and manage to keep up at normal volume. If you like plenty of bass you may want to adjust your EQ add a little more 'oomph'. Push them too hard and the sound starts to fall apart. This is probably due to the relatively small speaker membranes. But at normal listening this is not a problem.

Fit: These headphones have a true around-ear fit, they easily fit even around my dumbo sized ears. This design makes them comfortable to wear even for extended periods of time. I use them at work and at home for hours on end. They also do not clamp your head too hard which again makes them stay comfortable on your head without pressing too hard. Children with very small heads may find they don't stay on if you move your head about. That said - they fit perfectly on my 8 year old but too loose on my 4 year old.

Build: You really cannot fault the build as they in no way look cheap. The construction is simple, solid and functional. The headband is made from a semi flexible plasic which seems to solve the problem of headbands that crack which so common on many other cheap headphones. They also have good insulation of outside noise. This also mean you can listen without disturbing those around you. The cable is about 2.5m long, with a small goldplated plug at the end. It also come a with 6.5mm adaptor. One cable to each side (rather than to just one ear and integrated lead to the other).

Verdict: I can strongly recommend these as casual headphones for work and gaming. If you are not too picky you could even use them as HiFi headphones. Great all round headphones and a bargain for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Aug. 2007
Very impressive head phones.

They are extremely light wight and very comfortable to wear for hours at a time, sitting comfortably over my ears. The sound is great with the headphones easily providing non distorted bass for my music whilst the treble was suitably crisp. They even made the music played out of my phone sounds ok!

For 10 quid delivered, I really could not dream of any thing better, I am dead pleased with them and would definately buy again.

My only nagging point is the 2m cord. This is great except for when your walking around town with your mp3 player, its a lot of cord to be sticking in your pocket, but for the sound quality and comfort at this price, you cannot go wrong with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars M-M-M-Monster-kill....., 12 Mar. 2006
These headphones are simply amazing, dont be put off by the low price. The background noises of songs and games can be heard very well, so the next time your playing on cs_office on counter strike, ull know exactly what window has been smashed. There is also very good bass and 3d-surround, so again if your buying these to play a game you wont be dissapointed. They are also rather light for thier size, and I find them very easy to wear over long periods of time. They dont let much noise out either, so noones going to be complaining about you. I dought ill ever use my Creative 5.1 speakers again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value, 10 Aug. 2007
M. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
I run a small recording studio and needed extra/spare headphones in case of any unexpected breakages or unexpeceted extra musicians. I bought these cos they were so cheap and the reviews at headphone.com were so positive. I expected at best just to not hate them, but Im actually astounded by them. For headphones that cost me £10, these are absolutely unbelievable.
Naturally they can't compare to £50+ sets out there, but how close they come is frightening. They're extremely light and comfortable, the mids dont honk like all other cheaper sets, and theres an evenness to the tone that suits a studios needs really well. I had an extremely talented pianist wear them all day in a very long session and he made no comment. He just never guessed that they were imposters in a professional environment.
The only quibble you could make is that they're a little quiet, so they need cranking, but me - I instantly ordered another set.

Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic Stereo headphones