1,068 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars These saved my sanity and stopped a killing spree
I live in Newcastle's City Centre, in a lovely flat that sits in an unfortunate location by the bottle bins of 5 busy pubs which stay open until 3am every night. I was at my wits end when after 3 years I had failed to have a complete nights sleep.

Published on 8 Mar 2011 by The Truth

1.0 out of 5 stars They might work for you?
They did not work for me. My concerns about foam ear plugs came true! They irritated my ear canal and began to feel really dry and uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Published 23 months ago by GB

5.0 out of 5 stars These saved my sanity and stopped a killing spree, 8 Mar 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs (DIY & Tools)

Each pub sends their empty glass bottles crashing into the metal containers at different times of the night, starting from about 11pm until about 3 or 4 in the morning. Then at about 5am the first of 4 recycling trucks would come to collect the glass empties and send them cascading into the back of their growling trucks, before reversing out the road to a constant beep, beep, beep, beep, beep...

The noise was ruining my life. Lack of sleep was affecting me at work and the council seemed unable to enforce any laws or do anything about the racket; even though the pubs were in clear violation of their licenses. I spent months keeping noise logs for the toothless paper tigers on the noise team, yet still, after years of non-stop nightly noise, I was still unable to get a peaceful nights sleep on even one occasion.

That was until I discovered these. These little foam beauties literally saved my sanity (which was ebbing away due to severe sleep deprivation) and stopped me going on a Michael-Douglas-in-Falling-Down-Columbine-High-School-Massacre-David-Bird-style-gun-rampage or killing frenzy around the local Whether spoons pubs.

All you do is give the small foam ear plugs a twist and a squeeze and then bung them in your lug holes. Then, as they expand to find their natural shape again they form and airtight seal in your ear canal, thus blocking out all the noise. And they really are very effective when it comes to doing their job.

If you're worried about them getting stuck in your ears, you needn't be. The T-shape design ensures they stay locked in place in your ear and don't slip deep into your ear holes, becoming lodged - this little deviation in design is what, in my opinion, makes them better than other foam earplugs, which are mostly just a circular in shape.

If you've ever witnessed the din of glass bottles being emptied into metal containers, you'll know how loud and piercing the crashing glass is, yet with these in I don't hear a thing and I'm sleeping like a baby. The bar managers in my local area don't know how close they came to death. It's a fact that their lives were saved by a steady supply of little pink and yellow foam ear plugs... as was the life of that stupid seagull too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ear plugs, 21 April 2013
Having two snoring dogs & a snoring husband ear plugs are essential to me for a good night's sleep.

These Howard Leight are the best I have come across

Excellent value for money and fast delivery, I will certainly order again

5.0 out of 5 stars Silence is Golden!, 14 Aug 2011
Kathryn (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
These earplugs are fantastic! I live in an apartment block with less than considerate nocturnal neighbours and the noise drives me crackers when its late at night. I couldn't believe how well these earplugs worked, they entirely blocked out the thump thump of the music coming through my floor last night.

They are comfy enough to sleep in although you can still feel them in your ears. It took me a few goes to get them in properly, you need to roll them with your fingers first so they are thin enough to go into your ear canal and then they expand naturally. I find that by pushing them into my ear canal this makes them expand more and this blocks out more noise. I'd say you can probably use them about 3 times before they need replacing.

I could still hear my partner talking to me in bed next to me, so I can't comment on whether they would block out snoring but background noise is totally eliminated. I can't praise these earplugs enough!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Today you can buy silence just for over 3 pounds, 21 Oct 2010
Just got them today morning. I was very surprised how neatly all the pairs were packed. As I live in a Uni accommodation on campus, these earplugs provide me with the silence whenever I want to, because my next door flat loves her music very load. Basically, I got tired of complaining, so decided that a more clever solution was needed. And these earplugs just do their job perfectly, it is quite amazing how good they attach in your ear and how quickly you can make the most of it. They are extremely small when rolled, but prevent you from hearing any noise. In a way, I think it could feel a bit strange for the few first times, but after you get used to it, they really are a helping little thingy :)

Love them, rate them 5 stars and would absolutely recommend it to any busy person.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more waking up from my husband's snoring!, 25 Oct 2013
Well, it's got to be said :D They do muffle out background noise although screams can still be heard (child crying in the morning) but little noises such as snores won't keep you up. At least for now it doesn't but then there's always the living room's sofa :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Work a treat and what a bargain, 9 Sep 2011
I have been using ear plugs for a few years due to my husbands snoring (you can here him snoring from outside the house) I would spend £5 for 3 pairs of super ear plugs but I have found these ones as comforable and as effective. I will by again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my ears, 23 July 2010
I have used ear plugs from different makers but have found that Laser Lite plugs fit my ears, being the most comfortable and reasonable quiet as I use them on a motorcycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep soundly knowing you have these at hand, 25 Oct 2010
These little things are a life saver... If you or your partner snores, these do the trick... if you live in the county but work in the city and stay in hotels the late night sirens / traffic / trains can be ruinous to a good nights sleep, unless you pack these in your wash bag. if you commute by train and want to sleep that journey away, welcome to another few hrs sleep per day. If you work nights and want to have some unbroken sleep, these will help. For the money they cost you cannot afford not to have a pair or two in your life. They are very soft and comfortable to wear all night long. The secret to getting the best from them is to roll them really thin with lots of pressure between thumb and forefinger.. then when you are ready to insert.. pull your ear up and back slightly with your free hand to open the ear canal and at the last minute stop rolling it between your finger and thumb and insert it quickly and reasonably deeply. Then hold it in with a light pressure from the back. this ensures its held in place while it expands. Don't underestimate the time this takes .. a good 30 seconds will ensure a snug fit and comfort all night long. Be cautions about excessive wear as it may lead to excessive wax build up in the ear canal and require ear syringing (but this is a problem with all ear plugs)

1.0 out of 5 stars They might work for you?, 19 Nov 2012

Once you manage to insert them properly by lifting you ear up and back and rolling the plug between you finger tips to fit them in (visit the sellers website and view their video) they feel really strange but they totally cut out all noise. You have to keep the pressure on when you insert them fully otherwise they fall out - if they fall out you simply have not inserted them properly.

They were also too long for my ears - hence I tried the "max lite" plugs which are a lot smaller and felt more comfortable but still gave me the same problems.

As mentioned though the problem was that my ears became really dry (maybe I should have put some lubricant on the plugs first - now that's an idea?) and the plugs felt really uncomfortable and made my ears sore, which I think was because I sleep on my side and so it puts pressure on the ear.

If you are using them for 2-3 hours for work reasons whilst standing then I can see them being excellent for this. But for sleeping in ... not for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best... but soft so are the best for sleeping with, 29 Mar 2011
Mrs. K. E. Wooldridge "Keeley" (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I get by on ear plugs. I don't get on with my flatmate, she's in the room next to me with thin walls so I can hear every time she moves in her bed, and to make matters worse, she plays her music like nothing matters. Earplugs keep me sane!

I would buy the quies mousse comfort ear plugs (the 3 pack in different colours) over this product. Both quies and the howard leight ones you have to roll into your ear to get the full effect. The negatives of buying the Howard Leight - they're half as effective as the quies earplugs. They don't block out sound. They're luminant yellow at the back, so can't really wear them out in public. They're also hard to squeeze into your ear compared with quies. However, I wear these ones to sleep; because the quies ear plugs hurt after an hour, whereas Howard Leight ones are soft and can be worn until the next morning. In sum you get more for your money (come in a pack of 20) and can sleep all night with comfort, they're so soft. But they don't block out sound effectively. I'm used to the quies ones which are much better.

However, with the quies every bit of sound is blocked out because they're much more firmly fitted in the ear which can feel sort of 'spacey', these ones muffle sound instead of get rid of it.

20 Pairs of Howard Leight Laser Lite Ear Plugs