5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed.
Published 20 months ago by Daniel

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy dishwasher
Lovely product, liked by child. I suppose there is no way round it but batteries are mighty expensive for this model.
Published 8 months ago by prija70

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed., 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
This toy is amazing! It comes with the cup the bowl and the little blue spoon. This dishwasher arrived very quickly and it has a light and a tap inside it which makes it really awesome! The shipping company that brought it to my house was Hermes UK. The only 2 things that I'm not very satisfied about is that its smaller than I thought it would be and also the batteries are expensive! Use (duracell). So yeah I think that is really it to explain what my experience is.

Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little play dishwasher, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
Got this as a christmas present for my youngest neice, who couldn't wait to use it - she loves it and is always 'washing' her dishes etc

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy dishwasher, 30 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 4 Dec 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
I ordered this dishwasher with high expectations, for less than £20 how can you go wrong?

Well, it turns out, you can. I must say that the delivery service was excellent and I received a call around an hour before the driver arrived. I was looking forward to the moment when it would finally be installed after being subjected to two weeks of utter misery in my Marigolds. They had really started to chaffe and at this time of year, I tend to get chapped hands.

The doorbell rang and I answered, my excitement was palpable. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door to see a single delivery man with a small box in his hand. Clearly I had underestimated the compactness of modern appliances. I was a little sceptical that our dinner service could fit into a small space, but not being one to be disheartened and knowing Miele's reputation for design, I accepted the delivery.

Well, I can tell you, much to my dismay, plumbing this in was a nightmare. I can only assume that this appliance is manufactured in the far east, possibly Norfolk, because I was unable to use any standard plumbing tools for the installation. The instructions were utterly useless and completely failed to mention how to connect the pipework. In the end I was forced to use my dremmel to cut receptacles for the pipes, using nothing more than common sense. I like to think I am rather handy when it comes to this sort of thing, too. Thankfully, I proved myself right as eventually both the cold water and feed pipe were connected successfully. Mission accomplished and there was every possibility of brownie points from the wife.

This was the moment the real problems started.

Following a rather heavy Sunday lunch involving far too many roast potatoes, which gave me gas, but i digress. Showing great domestic zeal, I dilligently took up the task of clearing the table in anticipation of utilising my latest purchase, which incidentally, I had kept a secret from my wife. I do like to surprise her when possible, as any good husband should.

I gleefully took control of the after dinner situation and strolled off with an arm full of China like a Spanish waiter, deftly balancing the entire service on my arm. Not a single particle of detritus touched the carpet, much to the delight of the wife who had previously become accustomed to such things. What she did not know however, is that I had been taking secret online lessons, from a video sharing site, in how to efficiently transport soiled dinnerware! Another surprise and yet more brownie points in the bag!

Approaching the dishwasher with a casual air of confidence, I had to unload onto the work surface initially as I had not yet mastered the "straight to dishwasher" technique taught in lesson 9. Nevertheless, it was a proud moment as not only had I succeeded in clearing the table without a single spillage, I had purchased and installed a modern dishwasher, unrivalled in its cleaning potential.

I deftly opened the door of the appliance, ready to consign the remaining congealed gravy and flacid sprout leaves to history. Lifting the plate, it approached the threshold of the dishwasher door. Suddenly, like a bolt of lightening, it hit me. The aperture was not as I expected. It did not expand intelligently to accommodate my dinnerware. No it did not. It flatly refused even to move, not a single millimeter.

At this point all the colour drained from my face when I realised I had been misled. I had always believed Miele to be a company of integrity and technological prowess, only to be let down at the pivotal moment. Gone were my visions of dishwashing bliss. Suddenly, in less than a nanosecond I had visions of being forced to re-don my marigolds and fill the sink. I was distraught.

Words cannot express the disappointment. I am disgusted with myself for falling for the marketing hype. I knew that in the modern age nothing is what it appears, but nothing prepared me for the despair I would feel when I fell victim to it.

I will be seeking a full refund from the manufacturer and I strongly urge you to consider my experience if looking to purchase a dishwasher for yourself, unless you have particularly small chinaware. Forwarned is forarmed.

In my opinion, this so called "dishwasher" is nothing more than a childs toy. Disgraceful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous little dishwasher, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
My son really loves this Miele dishwasher. He thinks the fact that you can put water into it and watch it working is fascinating. The only downside is he has to use it either outside or in the bath otherwise he gets water everywhere. (more to do with him than the product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
This is so cute the kids absolutely love it the noises the fact you can put water in and watch it cleaning

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and realistic, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
I purchased this from amazon at the reduced price of £14.00 to go with my daughters kitchen we have purchased for her 2nd birthday. Although we've not opened ours yet (as its for her birthday in October) we have seen and played with the same dishwasher at a friends house and this was the reason we purchased one to! Be aware that it is smaller than expected however its just ideal for little people's hands! You can actually put real water in it and watch as it "washes" the plates however you can also use it without water and it will still do the cycle making the same noises etc. A really lovely addition to a child's play kitchen with a realistic look to it a great buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
Warning to all. Do not buy Miele. Their customer service is awful. Spent over six thousand pounds on their appliances. Faulty appliance from new. Awaiting an engineer to look at a brand new, yet faulty, item - still waiting nearly a month later. They have not bothered to call me with a time slot. Will have to take time off work to accommodate them. It did not take them a month to take the thousands of pounds out of my bank account.

Disgusted.

2.0 out of 5 stars Toy Dishwasher, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
I purchased this for my daughter for christmas.

The water function doesn't work properly. For a toy of this price I expected it to be a lot better. Very disappointing product, I wouldn't recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher (Toy)
WARNING... This is NOT a real dishwasher, it is a toy. They should make this much clearer when you buy it. I have sent mine back.

Theo Klein - Miele Dishwasher