5.0 out of 5 stars Peace and Tranquility!
Published on 22 April 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but some tracks not that relaxing
Published on 22 Jun 2006 by Mrs. Victoria J. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace and Tranquility!, 22 April 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
I was determined to establish a classical background for my baby as she played or slept. No-one puts together a better compilation album of classical music than "Classic FM." I've had people buy me these types of baby classics before and they're awful. But luckily, Classic FM have got it right as they always do. If you're not familiar with classical music, this is fantastic start and you'll soon find it makes a wonderful backdrop for your own relaxation. Some of these pieces are so lovely, I even used it as background music in the church when my baby was christened.

5.0 out of 5 stars relaxing classic for parents, 25 May 2005
S. HADAVI "sinead" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
What a lovely CD full of gentle relaxing classical music, which is soothing for parents and babies. My two sons drift off to the land of nod with no trouble at all. Buy this cd it is wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 16 April 2006
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
This is a lovely compliation, the whole family enjoy it. I am a long way from a classic music buff - but this is lovely, calm, peace inducing music. Great for get together with other mums and babies as it really puts everyone in a relaxed mood.

I have had my moneys worth several times over from this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but some tracks not that relaxing, 22 Jun 2006
Mrs. Victoria J. Taylor "vt_home" (Stafford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
On balance I would say this CD was OK, as there are some nice, soothing tracks but some are definitely not with strings kicking in or dramatic 'flares' just as baby is nodding off. I have never heard of some of these compositions and though I am no classical buff I don't think I am a complete philistine either; I can think of several tunes off the top of my head which are more relaxing than the ones included here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, 11 Mar 2007
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
My mum bought me this as she thought it would calm my screaming tiny baby. Can't say that it worked straight off, however I reached for it again when I was looking for something to signal "sleeping time" when I had to remove the mobile from his cot. Sick to the back teeth of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" after 8 months, this was a good alternative - plus you don't have to pop back to wind up a CD...

I prefer disc 1 to disc 2, but my son seems not to care! It just gives him clear notice that it is bedtime, and nothing more exciting than milk and a book or 6, followed by sleep, is coming. Set at a low volume, there is really nothing too sudden to disturb a child, and if you put this on every night, it will all become familiar and comforting anyway.

At some point in the future though, I will be happy to have it on in the house at any time. (Not in the car though, it might trigger soporific memories!) It is a pleasant, varied selection, some tunes well-known, some not so; maybe not suited for classical snobs, but good for people who like a bit of subtle background music. And of course, for their babies.

Additional: since April 08, I now have one disc playing my son to sleep; the other is playing for my daughter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music for Babies 2005, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
Bought this for my daughter who is pregnant and needed to spend time relaxing. It is helping not only her but her husband and the little one already has some favourites! Definitely recommended if you enjoy classical music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
I wanted to introduce my 15 month old granddaughter to classical music. I play it in the background when we are playing and often conduct or dance to it. She is now beginning to recognise which ones we do this to and starts off on her own. All quite calm or soothing so could be used at bedtime on low. A good compilation but we do have our favourites and prefer CD 2 . Good, prompt delivery from USA accompanied by a polite letter which was a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
Purchased for our 7month old daughter to help her relax and sleep at night, tried it in the car the day she arrived and she fell asleep within minutes and she never falls asleep in the car without crying first! Really helps relax her and helps her drift off to sleep :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm favourite!, 15 Feb 2011
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
A really lovely introduction to classical music and so relaxing. My children have been dropping off to sleep to this for the past two years and its such an easy and enjoyable way for them to get to know and enjoy some of the most well known and best loved pieces. Its so relaxing that I also use these CD's as background music when I give Reflexology sessions and people often comment afterwards on how much they liked it. Its a double CD -both are equally good so I think its really good value too. I'm delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing mother and baby, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 (Audio CD)
Service was quick .This was a baby shower gift as classical music is very good for both mothers and babies especially for calming both through sleepless night teething and even illness . It was part of baby shower gifts;would recommend .

Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005
Classic FM: Music for Babies 2005 by Various Composers (Audio CD - 2005)