5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy for active kids
Published on 3 Jan. 2006 by H. C. Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars They'll jump for joy - but you won't
First things first: my two and a half year old loves this trampoline. It made him giggle with delight from the first moment he climbed on it. Once constructed, it is durable, a good size and well balanced. 'Folding' is a slight misnomer: the feet do fold, but you actually have to unscrew and remove the handle if you want to put the whole thing away.

But as you...
Published on 6 Sept. 2008 by M. Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars They'll jump for joy - but you won't, 6 Sept. 2008
M. Harrison "Hamish" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)

But as you watch your child's happy face you will have to try and forget the trauma that was the self-assembly process. I'm not quite sure why the actual trampoline section of this toy has to be self-assembly. It's much like buying a tennis racket and having to string it yourself. And about as much fun.

In essence the task before you will be this: take one bungy cord, and, using brute force, stretch it to double its natural length in order to lace it between the eyelets in the metal base and eyelets in the trampoline mat. But that's not all. The mat will have to remain around 5cm equidistant from the metal frame at all times.

A few things will be working against you in this task. First: the laws of physics - specifically the one about gravity (the whole structure is light and wants to lift off the ground as you yank the bungy cord); and also Newton's third one about motion (the one that says that every stretched bungy cord has an equal and opposite unstretching if you relax your grip for a microsecond).

Secondly, your sense of humour. You will be familiar with the first law of self-assembly: time spent is inversely proportional to fun gained. Whenever you tighten the cord, the mat will naturally pull tight to the metal frame. But yet it must stay several centimetres from it. My, how you'll laugh.

And thirdly the resilience of your skin: the inevitable blistering of your hands as you attempt to wrap those last groaning millimetres of bungy around the final eyelets will be an impediment to the task-completion you will by that time be prepared to sacrifice your life for.

Its at about this point to you will remember how you scoffed at the manufacturer's advice that this toy is best asembled by two people. Two adults to assemble one modestly sized item of garden recreation? Don't be ridiculous. In desperation you will nonetheless summon your hapless partner/spouse to assist. But that, sadly, will serve only to double the frustration and half the viable duration of your marriage.

There is possibly a decent TV programme format in getting the manufacturers of self assembly merchandise to construct their own products in front of a hostile audience. Your small child however will simply watch your misery in bewilderment, and then climb on board and bounce. And as you watch them a tear will come to your eye. The tears of pure, uncomprehending, bewildered misery of a kind only self assembly can induce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toy for active kids, 3 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
We had searched for a trampoline for under 3s but all said 3+. We bought this anyway for our 18 month old who loves bouncing (even on hard floors given 1/2 a chance!) and its fine. The under 36 months refers to the screws which undo to remove the handle - we don't intend to give them to him to play with. Our 4 year old also loves this trampoline and it is very easy to dismantle and reassemble , although to date we haven't been able to dismantle as its been in use for 10 solid days since Christmas. A great way to keep square eyes fit too as ours will bounce during TV time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trampoline, 19 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
My 2.5 year old daughter loves this trampoline and jumping on it as I type shouting 'bouncy bouncy bouncy!!'.

I didn't find it as hard to put together as other reviews led me to believe. There were 2 of us though which made it easier as one could hold the bungy cord tight while the other put it through the fixing thingy. We gave the bungy cord a good stretch before we started. We also didn't worry too much about getting the bouncy mat centred on the frame as the edges are all covered and it doesn't seem to affect the use of the trampoline.

We did discover that we had the leg pieces the wrong way round once we finished assembling it (so that the handle wouldn't go on). So we had to take it apart and start again. I'd therefore advise paying close attention to the instructions.

All in all very happy with this trampoline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 23 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
This trampoline is wonderful! I thought it would be very difficult to assemble but I done it, by myself, within 20 mins. It's really strong and steady on all surfaces and has non-slip feet. I love the fact you can quickly take the handle off and fold the legs in to hide it away be hide the sofa, cupboard or wherever you want. Wonderful when you have unexpected guests. The Cord is covered so prevents the child from stepping through. My daughter has used it everyday since we put it together. She even likes to sit on it to watch TV. I would highly recommend it for any 3-5 yr old.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Should Be On The Generation Game, 22 May 2009
A. Billings - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
If only the Generation game, The Krypton factor or the like were still going then this would surely feature as a great way to humiliate grown adults....
Don't get me wrong the trampoline once assembled is great. Good quality, well finished, durable, and collapses down easily enough to store in the shed etc.
The only problem (and it's a fairly fundamental one) is the assembly. Now the frame goes together easily in minutes. One tip here is not to tighten any of the screws on the joints until all pieces of the frame are assembled and the handle is in place. This will allow you a bit of play to align the screws through the holes in the frame and into the joint inserts. Just hand start them all and secure before attempting the bungee.
Now this is where you have some fun.
I must admit I read all the previous reviews and being a reasonably competant DIY'er and engineer by trade I just took them with a pich of salt and assumed a level of incompetence. For this I now whole heartedly apologise... To the reviewer who assemble this on their own in 20 mins, either you are a blatant liar or a superhero ;-)
I decided to assemble this round at my parents house so that my son did not see it before his birthday. Luckily for me (not for them) they were in when I 'popped round for half an hour' to assemble it.
Within half an hour I had both my parents and their visiting friend hanging onto three sides of frame for dear life as I tried to stretch the bungee cord around the frame.
As other reviewers point out, the difficlutly comes trying to keep the mat central and yet pull the cord as tight as you can to gain as much length as possible. Every millimetre gained will help when you try to tie the cord off at the end although you will still need three hands to pull both ends together and thread them through the plastic toggle.
I would also suggest stretching the cord as much as possible before you even try to thread it but this isn't particulary friendly to your hands..
Anyway a good hour or so later I finally did it and collapsed in the chair for a well earned cuppa.
Unfortunately there are no 'easy ways' to do this but I would suggest you don't try and get the mat perfectly central as you do it, you can work the cord round once in place (but not tied off) to even the gaps up.
In hindsight it might also be easier to tie the start of the cord directly to the frame with about 10cm left over, then you can stretch it around and untie it at the end to leave you enough to thread the ends through the toggle.
All said and done the look on my 3yr old's face when he un-covered it made it all worth while. To say it was a hit at his party would be an understatement and it has already proved it's value.
So don't let this put you off but don'e be ashamed to ask someone for help assembling it (as long as it's not me...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great JuniorTrampoline, 9 Jan. 2008
K. Pierce (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Well designed, well made, easily assembled, and safe in use. Excellent for the younger child. Galts have an excellent Customer Service Department.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the effort, 8 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
This is a very sturdy frame, nice durable woven mat, just the best one of these I have seen, instructions easy to follow with diograms and alan key supplied.

Really easy to build the frame but the cord is as everyone says a nightmare to pull though. I tied the cord directly to the frame with a good bit left over and just threaded away, then went back to the start ans pulled it tighter and tighter, leave equaling the distance untill after. Once it was time to tie it off that was the hardest part, you have to work the two ends of cord tighter and tighter so you have enough room to tie it to the toggle, then you can let it go and even it out. I built this myself in about 40 mins, by myself, I did however blister my hands faily badly. I recomend giving the cord a good streach by standing on it and pulling before you even think of threading it around

Someone mentioned the handle holes not matching up, I found this also but then realsied I was trying to build it wrong way, the black hand screws should be at the bottem on the handle near to the mat. The double hole brackets go nearer the top of the handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item - 16 month old loves it !!, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
We bought this trampoline for our 16 month old daughter and she loves it !! The item itself is very sturdy and well built and the cover for the bungee cord does its job very well. Thanks also to the person who suggested using cable ties to help when putting this together - it was like having an extra 2 pairs of hands ! (You cable tie the tarpaulin to the base with equal gaps all around, and then thread the bungee cord into place - when your done you just remove the cable ties. I can't imagine how infuriating it would be to do it without )

The only way i could see to improve this product would be if Galt were to include the cable ties in the pack.

1.0 out of 5 stars parts missing and handle doesnt fit !!, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
spent ages putting it together to find that the handle doesnt fit the frame as the holes were cut out in the incorrect place by the manufacturer. be warned that this could happen to you. and its not easy to put toghether so for the price its not very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality toy, solidly made, kids love it and it looks good., 18 May 2014
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Nice trampoline suitable for both of my grandchildren who absolutely love it and have used it outside and inside. I was slightly concerned it might not be solid enough, looks quite lightweight on the photos, and I didn't want to risk the base jumping off the floor when they bounced on the mat. Shouldn't have worried. The trampoline remains solidly on the floor while in use. Just make sure you place it on a level surface. Assembly isn't particularly easy and it took a while for the two of us to stretch the bungee cord around the mat. It wasn't as difficult as I expected, having read some other reviews, but it's easier with two of you and you need strong hands. the best piece of advice is most definitely to tie the mat onto the frame with string so it's in exactly the right position before you thread and pull the bungee cord through. That will save you so much time and effort. If you want to take the trampoline down for storage then it's easy to fold down the legs. If you want it completely flat you will need to unscrew the handle. I was happy with the way they've designed the mat to cover the bungee cord so children's feet don't go through it. Nice feature. One of those toys kids love simply because it's versatile. They can bounce on it, learn routines, dance on it, use it as a chair or lie on it to read. Looks pretty as well and it's great for exercise and keep fit. We're happy.

Galt Toys Folding Trampoline