4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, good results
I use this package primarily for DVD authoring. For simple applications, it produces solid, professional-looking results.
Published on 24 Nov 2005 by David Abbott

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not burn DVD+Rs strait out of the box.
Published on 20 Feb 2006 by MR C W J FURSE

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, good results, 24 Nov 2005
David Abbott "therealgoatee" (Gloucester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
It is incredibly easy to use and although it comes with loads of templates, it's also flexible enough to allow for completely custom layouts with animated menus. One clip can be played as a pre-menu clip, which is very useful for including copyright info and a logo, and if setup carefully, could be used to segue very nicely into the menu layout for a truly Hollywood-style result.
It also does quite a good job of fitting the chosen clips onto a single or dual layer DVD, even when the clips are slightly too large to fit using standard compression. However, this does result in a few glitches in the video.
I do have three gripes. First is not a problem with the software per se: it's just that the MPEG encoding seems very slow. I leave the computer running overnight for best results.
Second, the first DVD I tried to do an encode-and-burn as a single step failed at the burning stage, with a particularly unhelpful error message. The problem here was that I wasn't left with a disc image to work with. Thereafter, I have performed the encode process separately, resulting in a disc image ISO, and then used the software to burn that to the DVD. This has worked flawlessly.
Third, and most crucially, the software out of the box contains a bug that prevents sound from working correctly in Windows Media Player (although it's fine in other players). Ulead have released a patch to fix this, which is available on their website.
Still, I cannot fault the value for money with this product and the results look pretty good too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy DVD creation, 18 Feb 2006
Mo "f1mo" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
Trying to create a reliable DVD has been a difficult task. If I had an Apple as many people have said, this would not been a problem, but I don't and like million others own a PC. I Have tried numerous packages to import video files, whether from video source, AVI, MPeg, DVD, etc.. and then trying to create a reliable DVD which can be played back on any system. I stumbled on this software by looking for DVD-RAM supported software. I have created DVD-RAM videos from my free standing recorder, but not many people have RAM play-back on their machines, therefore I needed to make a copy of the files on the RAM and make a DVD which can be played back on multi-systems. The problem came where not many software’s supported this. Ulead Moviemaker came across to support all formats (Google Search).
And true to its word it did, although it took hours (3) to convert. The software is actually very easy to use. I have created DVD's by importing DVD data from DVD-RW discs, adding menus, deleting scenes, adding interactive features and doing a whole lot more. The import feature is excellent. This allows a multitude of video import from video source, AVI, existing DVD files, etc. and these can then be edited like virgin video data.
Like other reviewers, I too have had my share of strange problems with this software. During direct record to disc, the software has issues with calibration of drive, which stops any direct recording from Ulead, but the software allows creating DVD files or images. By doing the latter, I have used Nero to burn the discs. The final product has been excellent and very impressive. I would love to give this a perfect score but the calibration issues drag this down.
To sum it up, this is an ideal package to edit, create and manipulate video files to create a great looking DVD that is very reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 3 Feb 2006
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
I bought this application to burn movie files to DVD that I have created in other programs so I'm not really stretching it's capabilities a great deal but I have found it extremely quick and easy to use and the finished results are truly professional looking. Great value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not burn DVD+Rs strait out of the box., 20 Feb 2006
MR C W J FURSE (Bude, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
Although I have burned CD+Rs using this software, when I went to burn a DVD+R after it had finnished rendering (setting up) the vidio I had on my hard drive, A pop up appeared & said that it could not burn the target device. So I added an update and tryed again, after over 2 hours the rendering had only progressed 6% out of 100%, so I quit. So far I have not managed to burn a DVD with Ulead DVD Movie factory 4. Do not waist your money on this software.

1.0 out of 5 stars Veryyyyyyyyyy slow to render., 28 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
I felt quite optimistic about this product to start with.
The ability to remove commercials and unwanted items from DVDs recorded on my DVD recorder, and being able to include quite impressive menu's and other similarly impressive extras was the reason for me purchasing this programme.
Unfortunately this all fell flat when it came to the rendering stage.
My first project was only 30 minutes long and quite simple, but I had to cancel the render after about 1 hour as it had only progressed by 20%.
Other attempts have been equally unsuccessful.
Although it didn't give me any fancy menu's and other extras I was able to remove the commercials using the freebie DVD Shrink, and the whole process only took about 30 minutes from start to finish.
I will persevere a little longer with Movie Factory because it does look a potentially useful programme, if it was quicker. But if the rendering speed does not improve then I will give up on it.
It's no point having a project which looks good on screen but is almost impossible to transfer it back onto disc unless you leave your PC running all day.
Very disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 13 April 2006
Ms. Pamela Christie "Jimbo" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
I only got into Ulead products after my Pinnacle Studio kept crashing and I gave up with it. After finding Videostudio, I found this, and it is a very helpful piece of kit. Easy to use, and packed with loads of features. The only problems are that if you want to copy or "Tweak and Fit" etc. you have to use a self made DVD-R/+R/RW disc, or rip the disc first. Then again, Ulead are just being legal.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to copy dvd's, 11 Oct 2005
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
Having tried this for the first time, I found this an easy softwate package to understand. Simply put the pre-recorded disk into the dvd rw drive, select copy disk to disk image. This then copies from the pre-recorded disk and places the file onto your hard drive for future copies (please make sure you have enough hard drive space to do this). Then once this is done. Place blank DVD R disk into drive. Select copy disk from disk image to D: drive. It then copies it for you. There you go, simple as that.
Hope you have fun with it like I have.

1.0 out of 5 stars ULEAD DVD MOVIEFACTORY 4, 12 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: DVD MovieFactory 4 (CD-ROM)
PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS SOFTWARE AS IT IS RUBBISH. IT WORKS UPTO THE POINT OF BURNING ON TO DVD THEN NOTHING IT STOPS WORKING & FREEZES YOUR COMPUTER OUT AS THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SOFTWARE I THING ULEAD SHOULDN'T HAVE PUT IT ON THE MARKET UNTIL THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED. SELLING INFERIOR GOODS SHOULD NOT BE ALOUD. AND COMPANYS DOING SO SHOULD BE FIND.

DVD MovieFactory 4
DVD MovieFactory 4 by Ulead (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP)
Used & New from: 19.99