5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and accurate
Published on 2 Mar. 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!
Published on 26 Feb. 2012 by jackie

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and accurate, 2 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Weight Watchers 8991BU Precision Body Analyser Electronic Scale (Personal Care)
I've only had these a couple of days but I've input all the users and tested them several times because I was concerned that other reviewers had repeatability/reliablity issues with readings. Ive had none of these - I found it straight forward to program my settings and even if I keep getting on and off them moving them around my kitchen floor (flat tiled surface) and my lounge (carpet - using the carpet feet) I never got a bigger variation than 1/2 a pound. I think the body fat percentage is reasonably accurate as its only 1% off my caliper measurement at the gym - though this does vary more on the scales than the weight (around 3% less on carpet than tiles). I'm not sure how useful the water content reading is or how accurate but it seems to make sense because mine is much, much lower when I get up in the morning than in the evening.

Oh and contrary to another reviewers report its very easy to change your user settings - you just select the user and re-input the values as if there were none already there!

So whether you like what they tell you or not - they seem pretty accurate to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and easy to use, 25 Nov. 2007
I've been using this for a little over a week now. It was very easy to set up for my age, height, and current fitness (ignore the other reviewer who hasn't worked out how to set your fitness level - the manual explains it very clearly). Once set it is the tap of two toes to get going (one tap to switch it on, one to select your user settings - you can set up to 10 users, but each extra user requires one more toe-tap!). I haven't experienced the fluctuation in weight readings that another reviewer reports - if I step off, switch it back on and step on again I get the same weight reading every time. The body fat / water readings can vary slightly when doing this, but so far only by 1/4 to 1/2 a pound or so (about 110-220g, or the weight of a medium sized potato). The only slight quibble I have is that the large and easy-to-read display screen isn't backlit. That means that, if you cast a shadow over it whilst standing on the scale, it can be hard to make out the green-black-red status indicators. However, position it so the light falls on the display and even this isn't a problem. Overall, an excellent piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set of scales, 4 Jan. 2010
Em B (Nr Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
These scales are easy to use and very easy to read. You can set them up to show your BMI and your hydration levels
too. Would recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Weight Watchers Scales, 15 Jun. 2010
I was fortunate to find these scales in a sale and they arrived promptly complete with battery and understandable instructions.

I can't give them a 5 star rating (I don't "love them") but they are excellent, the description on Amazon is accurate and they are an excellent aid to achieving weight loss and fitness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 29 April 2012
These scales are ideal for the family - programme in the details and you can keep track of your BMI, weight, water content, etc. Make sure you do it at the same time every day though, as it does fluctuate if you weigh yourself one morning and then the next week in the evening. On the whole, great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going two years on!, 11 July 2011
S NEWTON "Sadie" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I have owned these scales for 2 years now and they are still 100% accurate and have never let me down once. Great value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 26 Feb. 2012
I purchased these scales 3 months ago and they were working fine up until 2 days ago. I wanted a set of scales that measured BMI as well as weight in and stones and lb's. These seemed to fit the bill and I thought being a well known name I should be fairly safe. Wrong! They just stopped working period! Initially I thought maybe it was a dud battery. I replaced the battery and bingo they seemed to work again. However, twenty minutes later....nothing! I checked the user manual and there was no information on what to do if it just stopped functioning.....nothing regarding troubleshooting. I only have used them maximum once/week, other than that just sitting in the corner on the bathroom floor, so they haven't been mishandled. I am soo disappointed with weightwatchers. I expected more from a name like them. I have an option of returning them to UK address, but since I live overseas, it's not worth the shipping costs. Cheaper to buy another set....but not WW this time. Lesson learned!

5.0 out of 5 stars 'The Regime', 23 July 2010
Mrs. E. M. Miles "Grandma" (Charente France) - See all my reviews
We decided to change our way of eating and living in France it was very difficult to give up bread,cheese and wine.First purchase was the electronic scales yessssss they worked or did they ! We tried kilos and pounds and finally stones and no matter how we tried the results were the same. We were OVERWEIGHT. So the regime began and these wonderful scales have been our best friend so far by giving us the results we wanted ,slowly our weight is dropping and one day we might get back to our french bread and pastries .

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and provides support to the dieter, 11 Nov. 2007
I bought this scale based on its functions and price and I have not been disappointed. It is well balanced, quick to programme if you read the instructions carefully and can be used for more than one person. I went on a weight loss programme last year through raising fitness level and changing what I eat and it helped to show me I had lost 2.5 stone, gone from 47% fat to 34% fat and 37% water to 45% water.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like it, 31 Mar. 2008
OK I hate the fact it reads my weight... The bells and whistles seem a bit complicated, but I had the scales now for nearly a year, same batteries and still working as new. If you like scales that are easy to read, stores your profile etc go for it. If not, save your money and buy a basic set.