5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks good too
Bought this because I was sick of using a Tupperware for it. Looks great, it's pretty solid too. It fits a standard 250g block of butter with a bit of room round the edges. Much nicer than anything I found on the high street.
Published on 12 Mar 2012 by MM

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, not great
Due to packaging by manufacturer, very likely to come with a chip in (as mind did) as the lid rattles on the base in transit - a layer of carboard berween the two pieces would have been a better idea. V suprised the lid does sit flush either (the chip doesn't cause this) and rocks side to side so far from airtight; due to this might not even use it. Shame
Published 1 month ago by M. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks good too, 12 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Bomb proof and excellent value, 12 Dec 2010
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
For some reason, in our house we go through china butter dishes as if they're going out of fashion. So far, though, after several months our little cow doesn't even have a chip on it. And even if something did happen, it's cheap enough to replace without breaking the bank! It holds a pack of butter comfortably and is dishwasher proof. I'm not sure why one reviewer gets sticky buttery fingers when using hers. Messy butter spreader perhaps? Anyway, we are very satisfied indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old fashioned butter dish, 6 Jan 2010
Mr. T. Lawton (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
A proper dish, not like the cheese dish type they call a butter dish, butter stays in the dish.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a butter dish -- and pretty, too, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I have 8 of these butter dishes, which I use for butter, of course (upside down, like another reviewer), but also for storing leftovers. If the lid is turned over, another one stacks neatly on top of it, keeping leftovers visible at the front of the fridge and less likely to be forgotten until -- uurgh, what's that??? I often use these dishes in the microwave without any problems. And to freeze left-over soup etc, I line a dish with a freezer bag, pour in the soup, freeze it, and then reclaim the dish for other uses, leaving a tidy block of frozen soup.

And anyway, I think they're delightful to look at -- just adore the lovely cow.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 27 Dec 2009
C. Vidal - See all my reviews
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
not much i can say about a butter dish, except that it does what it needed to do and is very good value. Nice cow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable and many uses, 21 Dec 2010
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
Had one of these for years; had to buy a replacement after breaking the lid (very difficult to do as it's very thick Luminarc glass, but I managed it). Can't see why you would get sticky fingers (as one reviewer commented: do you spread your butter on the rim???). I also use it for storing fresh meat or fish (as, unlike plastic, glass does not get tainted) or for defrosting meat/fish without contaminating other items in the fridge. JUST FAB! Lid can be placed upside-down to save on space or to have less air in the dish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cow butter dish, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this dish after my previous one broke after many years. I find them really good and excellent at insulation. I keep it out of the fridge all year round and the butter keeps soft but never melts. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 18 April 2013
E. Shepherd (Newcastle, Staffs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I really like this butter dish, I much prefer it to the butter dishes with the small base and large lid. However, save yourself the postage as only a few days after posting this I discovered the exact ones in Morrisons and considering how long it took to despatch this item I would have preferred to have purchased from Morrisons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product for the price, 19 Nov 2009
E. Towill - See all my reviews
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
This only cost me a few pounds delivered to the door, and is great value for money. Does the job and much cheaper than many of the ones that are £12 or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars brought back memories, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid (Kitchen & Home)
I had this butter dish for aprox. 25 years when I lived in the US, and I loved it! Unfortunately when I moved here to England and unpacked it, it was broken. Imagine my surprise to find this very same butter dish on Amazon! So happy I have it back! :)

BHL Glass Cow Butter Dish With Lid