4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable chair for my hips, coccyx and back
Published on 10 July 2007 by H. Winslade

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable
Bought this when I became pregnant as I thought it would help me improve my back strength.
The chair base is cheap and nasty and the guard rail at the front couldn't be fitted as it was threaded twice and the screws wouldn't stay on.
Published 17 months ago by M. Bradley

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable chair for my hips, coccyx and back, 10 July 2007
H. Winslade (Horndean Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gaiam Classic Balance ball Chair - Charcoal (Sports)
For a number of years I have had dysplasia in my right hip due to a head injury which has left me with a right hemiplegia. Over the last two years I have started to develop arthritis in both of my hips therefore sitting correctly and having the right seat is of the up most importance to me. I was recently inspired to buy the Giaim Balance Ball Chair as I had moved house and in the sort out of my stuff prior to the move threw out my executive desk chair which was ten years old and falling to bits. Ideally I was after a FitBall Exercise Chair but could only find this on Amazon.com and it was not available for shipping to the UK. The other alternative was a Pallone Ball Chair from the back in action web site but this was 175. So I opted for the Giaim Balance Ball Chair. Before I ordered it I read all the feedbacks that people left about it on the Amazon.com website (there were not many on the UK site). Whilst there were some saying that it was not for them the majority liked the item. I took particular note regarding how people coped with assembling the chair and inflating the ball. I have to say that like a few people I have taken to the ball chair straight away. I think that this is because in reading the feedback I was able to learn from others experience of using this chair. I haven't rolled around on it finding it easy to get my balance and as long as I remain correctly seated it is very comfortable, only if I sit towards the front of the ball with my back in the incorrect position will I end up with my coccyx aching. I have the chair on carpet and it does not roll away from you when you go to get up. The only thing that I can find to fault with the chair is that there is not a more substantial back rest as is the case with the FitBall Ball Chair. Overall I would recommend this chair as a hip sufferer it provides me with a comfortable chair compared to sitting in an ordinary chair especially if I am sitting for more then 15 minutes - in an ordinary chair I would be in agony in my hip and coccyx region. It is definitely a good buy for 60!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sitting On Air, 31 Oct 2008
Mr. P. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gaiam Classic Balance ball Chair - Charcoal (Sports)
If you are after a new chair to sit on at your desk then this is the chair to go for. This chair forces you to sit upright which takes all the pressure of your back. Very comfortable chair to sit on for long periods of time. But my advice would be to shop around for a better price (ebay Hint Hint).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fulfills expectations., 3 May 2014
Jojo C (Dewsbury, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gaiam Classic Balance ball Chair - Charcoal (Sports)
Easy to assemble. While I'm not expecting a miracle cure for my spinal troubles this chair does allow for me to sit with better posture. The exercises suggested are great for times when I've been sat too long - I still get what I call numb bum with this seat, playing around with the amount of air/firmness of the ball might help though. Over all a positive way to improve posture and be a bit more active while getting on with desk-bound work. I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Gaiam Classic Balance ball Chair - Charcoal (Sports)
It's impossible to sit far enough back for the 'ergonomic' support to even touch your back, and because of the base, the ball doesn't move - so you don't get any of the benefits of an unstable surface, as you would from sitting on a yoga ball. It's just a really uncomfortable, impractical chair. I find most of the time I end up slumped forward with my back hunched because it makes my bum and thighs go numb if I sit up straight.
If you want to sit on a yoga ball, buy a yoga ball. This chair is a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Quality, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Gaiam Classic Balance ball Chair - Charcoal (Sports)
I brought this product having previously used a swiss ball as a chair in the past, but the swiss ball itself did not even last a month before developing a puncture.