5.0 out of 5 stars i love it!!!
I bought my ipod in october last year as was fed up with listening to the same album on my mp3 player, and i have not had a day where it's not been used since.
Published on 30 May 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until it died
Published on 28 Nov. 2005 by Gracetheface

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it!!!, 30 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
It's small enough to carry everywhere and i love the fact that i can listen to an album that best suits my mood it is definately my best buy and i would reccommend it to anyone. To make mine even better it's pink! what more could i ask for?!

5.0 out of 5 stars best portable music device...ever, 13 Aug. 2005
J Thorp "James" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
Stores just about enough of my music - most of my favourites, easy to use, very nice to look at, pretty compact and feels quite solid. battery life is fine - think i get at least 10-12 hours usually (having to buy a mains charger separately is a bit strange though). itunes software very easy to use and manages my music collection well. very fast to transfer songs too.
I think a lot of the people on here complaining about the battery life must have the first version of the mini - it was improved in the 2nd version!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but nothing special, 31 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
There's good and there's bad, as with anything. This is by no means a faultless piece of gadgetry - the battery really doesn't last all that long, mine does about 4-5 hours with average use. The sound quality could be better; with the volume turned up anywhere past about 75% there are dubious crackly noises and hisses on certain tracks (not all, but certain ones, usually the tracks you need turned up really loud to enjoy anyway, which is unfortunate!). Aside from these faults, I can't really say anything else negative about the iPod itself. It's a bit ridiculous that there's no AC charger included with it though, that would have been helpful. Having to rely on having a computer with you to charge it up is a pain.
On the plus side, this is my first mp3 player and it really has made a difference to how I enjoy music. I had a portable CD player, a mini-disc player, but this is easily superior to both. Simple to use, an idiot could work it out, so you don't have to be technically-minded. Apple are very user-friendly in their wording and 'how to' sections. The software, iTunes, is a doddle to set up and use, and compared with my friends' mp3 players (most of them have different models), I much prefer mine. Oh, and it also seems pretty durable. I have only had mine a few weeks, but I'm a tad clumsy and it's been dropped onto hard surfaces a few times. Not a mark on it though, really tough casing. On the whole, I recommend this item. It would also make a really great gift for someone wanting to update their portable audio.

4.0 out of 5 stars handy but battery life annoying, 1 May 2005
Lilly Penhaligon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
I love this gadget - HOW much easier is it to download the best from your cd collection on to one tiny little thing and carry it about with you everywhere? It's fantastic - you can listen to whatever music suits your mood and is especially handy for those boring commuter journeys.
Ok, I think it's good value for money in terms of its utility and compactability but things that let it down really should be looked @ in the next generation of IPOD.
BATTERY LIFE: this is complete rubbish and REALLY annoying. I get about 4 hours worth of playback before it conks out. This means that I am recharging overnight all night, every other day. You cannot even start to recharge it halfway through teh battery life or it gets confused and sticks. You have to let it run out of juice before connecting it up.
Once it has run out of battery, you can connect it to the computer to recharge but the battery will not allow you to "do" anything to the IPOD whilst it is recharging - for example I tried to download some more songs but found that the screen went blank and the download would not take place. I had to disconnect from teh computer plug into a wall socket and let it juice up for a couple of hours before I could reconnect to the computer.
SOUND QUALITY: I know that this is not supposed to sound like a cd, but the sound is pretty "tinny" - those useless equalizers that you can assign to each song (e.g. rock, pop, classic etc) rarely make any difference except to make it even tinnier...I have tried using different earphones but I dont think it makes much difference. For this reason, I have a very nice cd player to use when I am at home and would never replace this with the IPOD unless Apple comes up with one that produces excellent sound quality.
Also annoying is the lack of an OFF button - holding down the play button for several seconds is no substitute for a very simple off button or equivalent.
Apart from that, it is a very slick and handy gadget and I am very pleased with it - I bought mine @ Christmas at the height of the massive panic buying so got mine for the £179.00 price tag, seeing it advertised here at the reduced price of £138.00 I would really recommend to anyone looking for a slim, sexy gadget to take around with you on your travels or just shopping or out walking, it is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my iPod, 22 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
I've had my iPod several weeks now and I think I want to spend the rest of my life with it. The interface is great, very few buttons but they do everything that's required. The iTunes software is equally user friendly. The only downside is that the track information is always song, artist, album and classical music doesn't fit easily into that format: where do you put the composer?

I've managed to fit over 1000 songs on mine; very useful for long train journeys. I love being able to arrange songs into playlists, not something you can really do with CDs.
It's worth noting that the 8 hour battery life only applied to the first generation iPod mini; the second generation has a quoted 18 hour battery life and I think I'm getting something like that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good until it died, 28 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
I bought my ipod because i was sick of listening to the same old stuff on the radio and being bored on long journeys on the bus and in my car. My friend had one and i thought it was brilliant so after alot of research and price checking, i bought an ipod mini (from amazon) which i thought best suited me and ny needs. I also bought a belkin cassette and car charger(which i would recommend).
The ipod was brilliant, i listened to it everyday. Great sound quality, great ear phones, great software, even the games on it were brilliant!
However after exactly 1 month of use my ipod switched off. Forever, and has never retured. I dont know what casued it but it really annoyed me. It just wouldnt turn on no matter what i did, i left it to charge for hours thinking the battery had gone, but nothing. I was really dissapointed.
What is more annoying is that ipod mini's are no longer available so now i am stuck of what to replace it with. so its the radio for me until i can decide on a new one

3.0 out of 5 stars First great than battery not puttingout, 27 July 2005
JANA KUZNIK (MELBOURNE, VICTORIA Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
When I first got it the battery lasted ages (like 6-7hrs)NOT like they said- 8hrs.... I go for long rides and need it to last.. True the more volume the less battery time.. I've had it for about 8 months and the battery is down to about 3hrs.. and then it goes. very annoying... It has plenty of space but battery is quite annoying.. Also its starting to conk out for no apparent reason,, the apple ipod help on the net is abit hopeless aswell.. Wondering if the 20gb battery is better????

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooooo Man!, 30 April 2005
Mrs. Nicola J. Challinor "Nicola" (Stafford, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
Reggie Fils Aime this baby rocks! I loaded 400 tunes from my mac to the ipod mini in less than 5 minutes after it being out of the box. You don't need the user manual because it is so easy to use (the click-wheel is great) and it is easy on the eyes. I use at school all the time and charge it once a week so the battery life is great. The sound quality and earphones are good (I import my music at 160 KBS). Over all, the ipod mini is small, easy to use, and kicks the goofy goobers out of the competition.

2.0 out of 5 stars great for a year, 12 Jan. 2006
Imogen (Brussels, Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
I got an iPod mini last christmas and fell in love with it, i had no complaints until a few months ago. The battery started to go so that it was running out after only a few hours, and now i can only listen to it when it's charging. i've decided to try a different make of mp3 and keep the iPod for using with my speakers at home.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 22 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue (Electronics)
Was very excited to get my new Ipod mini. Six weeks later it died forever. It was replaced by Apple after a fashion. Again, very excited. Six weeks later the hard disk died. Permanently. Gave up. Replaced it with a 20Gb Ipod. Much better. So far. Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't touch a mini now. Think they're too small for what they're intended to do. Stick to the bigger one.

Apple iPod mini 4GB - Blue