5.0 out of 5 stars Targus XL Notebook Backpack
A well made robust bag which fits my inspiron 9300 nicely. There are pockets and features for all your needs and the padding around the laptop is sufficient. Size is pretty big, for a 17" laptop about perfect, with the right amount of space in the bag for carrying all the things you'd need for a day trip.
Published on 16 Nov. 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good but possibly not made well enough!
I found it impossible to find a laptop rucksack in the shops. PCWorld tried to get me to but a laptop rucksack designed for a 15 inch laptop.....blah...but I knew Id possibly get one on Amazon!!!

Published on 4 Jun. 2009 by Mr. D. A. Hutchison

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good but possibly not made well enough!, 4 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Targus TCB001EU Atmosphere XL Laptop Computer Backpack fits 17 - 18 inch laptops, Black/Blue (Accessory)

I was off to Hong Kong and Australia and wanted to take my 17" laptop so I could speak to my wife and son back in the UK. As I was travelling over many flights, trains, buses and trams I wanted to make sure my laptop was very safe from damage.

I saw this item on Amazon and read the reviews. Most reviews were good however one was worrying in that it said the following:

"Reasonable bag, but wouldn't recommend it.
I bought this bag and found it disappointing. Firstly it failed on me - namely that one of the main shoulder straps tore away from the main bag at the seam after only 4 weeks use. I do carry a lot of weight in my laptop bag but didn't believe it to too be excessive."

I know you always get maybe x1 review saying bad things so you tend to go with the majority. Wrong move!
While I was away, I noticed that both my shoulder straps began to tear away from the main bag and this was after some x1 weeks use!
I am very disappointed as the rucksack looks cool and has many good pockets and the laptop area is great. It even has a rain cover.
I think though that the shoulder straps need to be made more robust and larger so this doesn't happen. After all the bag is not cheap and anyone who needs to transport a 17" laptop around has also spent a few pennies on his or her laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Targus XL Notebook Backpack, 16 Nov. 2005
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent 17" Widescreen Laptop Backpack, 16 May 2008
Alan Gurling "Opethian" (London) - See all my reviews
I have a Hewlett Packard DV9340EA laptop, which has a 17" widescreen LCD monitor. I also do some photography, so I wanted to have a bag that can carry my laptop. and at the same time, have my DSLR and a few lenses if possible.

Crumpler does not have anything that would fit my needs, even the Lowepro brand couldn't provide me with anything that I wanted. The only thing Lowepro had was this huge bag with space for a laptop and 8 lenses! I'm sorry but that's overkill for me. I'd rather have some space for documents, a magazine or a book or two. Even some space for clothes or a towel would have been preferable.

So I went straight to HP and saw that they were selling something at less than £30. I was going to buy it, then I realized that it didn't have any mention of it being water proof! Living in London, if you have a bag that isn't water resistant in some way, good luck in securing your belongings! What with the weather being all wet most of the time.

That's how I ended up with this bag. It may not fit a DSLR unfortunately (unless you use the body cap and put it in with the lens unattached), but this thing fits all HP DV9000 series laptops securely. It's also in a way, water resistant!

I'm a fairly big fellow and the bag pretty much fits my back easily. It has a very intelligent design to it, and I can heartily recommend you get this laptop bag if you have one of those widescreen 17 inchers.

5.0 out of 5 stars ..., 12 Feb. 2008
I got this because I needed a laptop I could haul on and off the bus. It is great for bigger laptops with plenty of space and padding. And all importantly loads of pockets for all those essentials (and a few not so essential) gadgets. The rain cover is very handy too.
Also even for a short person like me the straps are really comfy and easily adjusted

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable bag, but wouldnt recommend it., 22 Mar. 2009
N. A. Dawson - See all my reviews
I bought this bag and found it disappointing. Firstly it failed on me - namely that one of the main shoulder straps tore away from the main bag at the seam after only 4 weeks use. I do carry a lot of weight in my laptop bag but didnt believe it to too be excessive.

In addition I felt that the bag design makes it too slow and fiddly to access the main pockets. It doesnt feel a great, accessible bag to use. My faulty bag has been sent back for a refund. Dont buy this bag! I am going to order one of the swiss army branded bags, when my refund comes through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin..., 4 July 2008
Very impressive rucksack, more for outdoors then business though. Lots of zip pockets and straps for all extras. Even has a detachable mobile phone holder. Very comfortable and the rain cover tucked away at the base of the bag is genius!!

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely recommanded, 5 Dec. 2007
the bag has got plenty of space
i bought this bag for my Sony Vaio AR51J with it s large 17 inch screen and it fits in the bag nicely
well padded so i am kindda certain that my laptop is fully secured .
i take my laptop to Uni every day and it hasn t given me any hassle .
good buy it was

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great!, 25 Jun. 2009
Mr. G. Robertson "Robegrab" (Aberdeen) - See all my reviews
I read a lot of reviews between this backpack and a similar one from Swissgear which was slightly more expensive. I went for this one as many reviews said that the backpack was very spacious and well laid out. I only have a 15.4" laptop but went for the 17" backpack to give me more room. I also thought the pack had a removable sleeve, but subsequently noticed this was only in the smaller version, so I was slighlty disappointed to start with. Anyway, I feel that the backpack lacks a little in depth and doesn't cope well with additional items being placed in the front pouch. Would have liked pack to allow for more depth and expand a bit. It is well padded, but pockets are not easy to access or of a great size, also noted a bit of stiching missed on one of the straps, but my bag was on the way to Australia by the time I noticed that, so no chance to return it. Nevermind, if its just for securely carrying around your laptop and some cables, it will do the job, but so might a cheaper one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backpack that fits 18.4 inch widescreen laptops, 11 Oct. 2009
Stephen Bonner (London) - See all my reviews
Thought I would submit my first review to Amazon for this excellent backpack. I use it for my laptop and took a leap of faith in selecting this backpack as I have an Acer 18.4 inch widescreen laptop and wasn't sure it would fit. Lo and behold it fitted perfectly. the bag itself is vey sturdy with lots of space for all the sundries needed when moving your associated kit around. At this price it was a brilliant buy and keeps your laptop well protected from the elements. Recommended highly for those with this size of laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect product better costumer services, 29 Oct. 2009
Hi

It's a really nice bag. It fits my 18,4'' Vaio, it was faulty after one month but after dealing with one of the best customer services I've got a new one without any problem.

You won't regret this purchase especially if you have a big laptop.