5.0 out of 5 stars Targus XL Notebook Backpack
A well made robust bag which fits my inspiron 9300 nicely. There are pockets and features for all your needs and the padding around the laptop is sufficient. Size is pretty big, for a 17" laptop about perfect, with the right amount of space in the bag for carrying all the things you'd need for a day trip.
Published on 16 Nov 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good but possibly not made well enough!
I found it impossible to find a laptop rucksack in the shops. PCWorld tried to get me to but a laptop rucksack designed for a 15 inch laptop.....blah...but I knew Id possibly get one on Amazon!!!

Published on 4 Jun 2009 by Mr. D. A. Hutchison

1.0 out of 5 stars looks good but possibly not made well enough!, 4 Jun 2009
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)

I was off to Hong Kong and Australia and wanted to take my 17" laptop so I could speak to my wife and son back in the UK. As I was travelling over many flights, trains, buses and trams I wanted to make sure my laptop was very safe from damage.

I saw this item on Amazon and read the reviews. Most reviews were good however one was worrying in that it said the following:

"Reasonable bag, but wouldn't recommend it.
I bought this bag and found it disappointing. Firstly it failed on me - namely that one of the main shoulder straps tore away from the main bag at the seam after only 4 weeks use. I do carry a lot of weight in my laptop bag but didn't believe it to too be excessive."

I know you always get maybe x1 review saying bad things so you tend to go with the majority. Wrong move!
While I was away, I noticed that both my shoulder straps began to tear away from the main bag and this was after some x1 weeks use!
I am very disappointed as the rucksack looks cool and has many good pockets and the laptop area is great. It even has a rain cover.
I think though that the shoulder straps need to be made more robust and larger so this doesn't happen. After all the bag is not cheap and anyone who needs to transport a 17" laptop around has also spent a few pennies on his or her laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Targus XL Notebook Backpack, 16 Nov 2005
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent 17" Widescreen Laptop Backpack, 16 May 2008
Alan Gurling "Opethian" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
I have a Hewlett Packard DV9340EA laptop, which has a 17" widescreen LCD monitor. I also do some photography, so I wanted to have a bag that can carry my laptop. and at the same time, have my DSLR and a few lenses if possible.

Crumpler does not have anything that would fit my needs, even the Lowepro brand couldn't provide me with anything that I wanted. The only thing Lowepro had was this huge bag with space for a laptop and 8 lenses! I'm sorry but that's overkill for me. I'd rather have some space for documents, a magazine or a book or two. Even some space for clothes or a towel would have been preferable.

So I went straight to HP and saw that they were selling something at less than 30. I was going to buy it, then I realized that it didn't have any mention of it being water proof! Living in London, if you have a bag that isn't water resistant in some way, good luck in securing your belongings! What with the weather being all wet most of the time.

That's how I ended up with this bag. It may not fit a DSLR unfortunately (unless you use the body cap and put it in with the lens unattached), but this thing fits all HP DV9000 series laptops securely. It's also in a way, water resistant!

I'm a fairly big fellow and the bag pretty much fits my back easily. It has a very intelligent design to it, and I can heartily recommend you get this laptop bag if you have one of those widescreen 17 inchers.

5.0 out of 5 stars ..., 12 Feb 2008
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
I got this because I needed a laptop I could haul on and off the bus. It is great for bigger laptops with plenty of space and padding. And all importantly loads of pockets for all those essentials (and a few not so essential) gadgets. The rain cover is very handy too.
Also even for a short person like me the straps are really comfy and easily adjusted

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable bag, but wouldnt recommend it., 22 Mar 2009
N. A. Dawson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
I bought this bag and found it disappointing. Firstly it failed on me - namely that one of the main shoulder straps tore away from the main bag at the seam after only 4 weeks use. I do carry a lot of weight in my laptop bag but didnt believe it to too be excessive.

In addition I felt that the bag design makes it too slow and fiddly to access the main pockets. It doesnt feel a great, accessible bag to use. My faulty bag has been sent back for a refund. Dont buy this bag! I am going to order one of the swiss army branded bags, when my refund comes through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin..., 4 July 2008
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
Very impressive rucksack, more for outdoors then business though. Lots of zip pockets and straps for all extras. Even has a detachable mobile phone holder. Very comfortable and the rain cover tucked away at the base of the bag is genius!!

5.0 out of 5 stars definitely recommanded, 5 Dec 2007
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
the bag has got plenty of space
i bought this bag for my Sony Vaio AR51J with it s large 17 inch screen and it fits in the bag nicely
well padded so i am kindda certain that my laptop is fully secured .
i take my laptop to Uni every day and it hasn t given me any hassle .
good buy it was

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect product better costumer services, 29 Oct 2009
Hi

It's a really nice bag. It fits my 18,4'' Vaio, it was faulty after one month but after dealing with one of the best customer services I've got a new one without any problem.

You won't regret this purchase especially if you have a big laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal 17" Widscreen bag, 28 Mar 2008
Mr. S. D. Neale (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
This bag is great, it took me ages to find a bag that would fit a 17" widescreen laptop (Dell Vostro 1700) The laptop sleave comfortably takes a 400mm x 300mm machine - Comfort, space, pockets and most importantly protection is excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Straps are coming apart, 20 Nov 2009
Stephen Allan (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue (Accessory)
Within a month the straps are coming away from the main bag and by 3 months had completely detached - if it can't take a 15 inch laptop then its no use to anyone.

Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue