5.0 out of 5 stars This is a late preteen/teen girls movie - it's not that suitable for the rest of us
This film is aimed pretty squarely at the Lizzie McGuire audience of young teenagers (I'd say 10 to 14 year old girls would go for it most), and it has the feel of a decent Disney TV movie. Hillary Duff stars as Terri Fletcher, a small town singer chosen to attend the Los Angeles performing arts academy summer school after her brother secretly submits a DVD of her...
Published on 9 Oct 2007 by Keith_Joseph

3.0 out of 5 stars bubblegum sweet
This move is O.K. I rented it not expecting much and it pretty much left me with a feeling of 'eh'. Its very predictable, unrealistic and cheesy, and has the depth of wading pool. However, if you feel like a bit of mindless fluff which requires easy viewing then this is for you. To its credit, it is entertaining and has a good musical score and the ending is enjoyable,...
Published on 19 Sep 2007 by Lozz

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS FILM, 31 May 2005
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
I Absolutly love this film if i could give it more than 5 i would!! Its now my favourite film. I dont know how but every time i watch it, it makes me cry! Which is very hard to do. i didnt even cry at Titanic or anyting!! The Scene Called The girl on the DVD most of all. Somehow i connect with this film. I recomend it to everyone, my mum watched it to and she liked it so did my 16 year old sister.Soon im getting piano lessons and i am putting lyrics i wrote along time ago to music.
Hilary Duff Was Brilliant in this film. And she hasnt really done anything this dramatic before. The whole cast really brought the film together. I THINK I WILL GO AND WATCH IT NOW OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 27 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
I got this dvd like years and years ago when I was about six or seven. I still love it even now though I am ten. It is really good but sad. It's a great story and I reccomend it to people of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
very fast delivery item is great thankyou x

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 17 Sep 2014
Good film. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars good value!, 1 Oct 2014
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
As described, good value!

5.0 out of 5 stars so good, 17 Feb 2005
Parents who are sick of Hilary Duff might actually appreciate this performance. Yes, it focuses a lot on singing, but there is a decent enough story--and the acting is amazing as Hilary Duff becomes more dramatic (though still sweet and innocent).
Duff is Terri Fletcher, whose mother and aunt help her get to the most famous music academy in the country behind her dad's back.
There, she meets Jay and several other people...and learns to come to terms with a personal tragedy.
Most of the songs appear on Duff's self-titled CD. "Fly" is a favorite of mine, but it seems misplaced in this movie.
Four stars for the misplaced song, and I wish they had another actor play the father. People say Duff is a one note, one face actress--I disagree. This comment is more accurate to the poor acting ability of David Keith

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug 2014
Fab teen movie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Film, 16 May 2006
Lucia Donofrio "fattychocolate" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed this film a LOT. i was genuinely surprised by Duff's performance and the characters are unusually likeable. There's a plot to it as well, which makes a difference to the "popstars" who make films.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILL 100 OUT OF 5 ??!!!!!!!!!, 9 July 2005
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
Hilary duff is excellant in this film. She really shows what shes got brilliant acting even in the more challenging dramatic parts she nailed it!!
The music in this film is inspiring it really makes you want to go out and learn how to play an insrument!
I recommened this film it makes you laugh and cry! and want to go out and play musc!! This film can be watched by all generations my mum of 43 watched it and loved it so did my 16 year old sister and me 12 my favourite film BUY IT (OR RENT)HA HA

5.0 out of 5 stars Raise Your Voice, 6 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Raise Your Voice [DVD] (DVD)
I thiught that this film was absolutely the best film that I have seen since I purchased A Walk To Remember, infact it is even better than that! I cried when they played the song and I thought that dramtic emation in the film was brilliant and that the trailor didnt even touch the justic it should of given it!

Raise Your Voice [DVD]
Raise Your Voice [DVD] by Sean McNamara (DVD - 2005)