5.0 out of 5 stars Prestige Hi Dome
I have used pressure cookers for over 40 years. I have had various makes and various types of Prestige Pressure cookers. but I think the Prestige 6 ltr Hi Dome is the best of all. It is so versatile It can be used for batch cooking and for families. It can also be used for small amounts. It is easy to use and easy to clean.
Published on 5 Sep 2009 by K. Robinson

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I chose a Prestige Hi Dome as I have had 40 years of fairly constant use from my old one, however, trying out my new one with a quick meal of mince, the weights did not settle and it did not reach pressure, after 40 years I do know how to use a pressure cooker. I would like to return it but since I have used it would you take it back?
Published on 16 July 2009 by B. O. Chatterjea

5.0 out of 5 stars Prestige Hi Dome, 5 Sep 2009
K. Robinson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prestige Hi Dome Aluminium Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased with this item, 21 Feb 2009
This is my second pressure cooker in thirty five years. Quality item. Only reason I had to buy a new one is because my daughter borrowed my one and I haven't seen it since. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for soups and stews, 13 April 2009
This is great for cooking soups, stew or ham joints quickly. I bought this one for my daughter because the one I have had for 20 years is still going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy to attain increased energy efficiency, 22 Mar 2013
It's a little large for just 2 people. It's a little heavy for elderlies. It's a little scary if you've not used a pressure cooker before. But these trivialities melt into oblivion when set against the wonderful advantages of fast, economical cooking and luscious taste and texture retention. My wife loves it for making jams and marmalades.
I should have bought one years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars good solid article., 6 Oct 2009
I had one years ago, got rid when i had a halogen hob, i went for the same as then because it is simplicity itself and holds a good quantity of food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, lightweight and gives you 15 psi, 31 Oct 2013
This is not my first pressure cooker, however, it has many benefits compared to some others you can buy:

1. It is a lot lighter than stainless steel - this is quite significant, though of course if it is filled up to its limit the difference is obviously not as great.
2. Most pressure cooker recipe books assume a high pressure of 15 psi, a lot of the domestic cookers available that I have come across these days, only achieve 12 psi, needing about 20% additional cooking time.
3. Pressure is achieved by the old fashioned weight system, you do not have to keep an eye on coloured bands, it is either up to pressure or it isn't - simple.
4. It comes with a simple bent wire trivet - not as good as my granny used to have but it does the job and the perforated steamer with dividers is actually quite good.
5. The instruction book is also quite good and includes hints, useful info and some recipes that is enough to get you going and allow you to convert your favourite stews etc., to pressure cooking - it does far more than stews, but I found that they are good to start with.
6. The pressure regulation sytem is far less fragile than on some other inexpensive pressure cookers.
7. It is a fraction of the cost of most stainless steel cookers, and will cook at least as well if not better than most.

The downsides:
1. It is aluminium which is easier to damage than steel, putting away leaving water in the base will cause pitting for instance, avoided by drying it.
2. It may stain - but this can be cleaned off.
3. It has to be hand washed.
4. There is no pressure quick release, you use the cold water method.

There may be other pros & cons, but these stick out. I also have WMF stainless steel cookers which I also recommend, but are far more expensive and heavy, but the base and lid minus the handle are dishwasher safe. Both designs do the job - what more can you ask.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prestige Hi Dome Pressure Cooker, 28 May 2009
P. Meakin (uk) - See all my reviews
Having ' borrowed ' my mum's old pressure cooker for years I thought it was time to give it back!! I read all the options and this one seemed the best one for a family.
I can't recommend it enough, big enough to do a huge gammon steak, yet quick and easy when making my veggie daughter her soups.
It's easy to use, easy to clean. It's a solid all rounder I couldn't do without.
My mum is now after a smaller model!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Used one for 50 years of married life, 12 May 2010
I have just replaced my Prestige Hi Dome Pressure Cooker - have had two during my 50 years of marriage - it was time for a new one and again highly satisfied with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure cooker, 16 Mar 2012
Rapid delivery, excellent product. Had one for 10 years, continuous use. Lost weight from top, almost as cheap to buy complete new unit rather than cost of weight replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE PRESTIGE HI DOME COOKER AND HOW VERSATILE AND USEFUL THE PRODUCT IS, 26 Feb 2012
My First introductions to the Prestige Pressure Cooker would have to go back from the very first time I can remember anything. A wedding git to my parents in May 1950, the Original is still in use at our home in Bombay and every-time we are back I do not ever recall it not being used.
This only proves that the Prestige Cooker is built to last and last and give you endless years of excellent service if reasonably well looked after.
This one is made in India to my surprise though the original in India is made in England.
Enjoy and learn as we all have to learn to be more conservative in using heating fuels.
Cyrus