on 5 June 2011
Very pleased that I purchased this lens. At the price this is perfect for me as an amateur photographer. It is compact and saves me carrying more than one lens around, particularly when travelling abroad. The image quality is very good.
on 11 August 2011
I had seen a few negative reviews on here for this lens so was a little reluctant about my purchase...but my 18-55 and 75-300 Canon lenses now sit happily on my shelves, in the boxes and gathering dust. If you want a reasonable all rounder save yourself a few hundred and consider this. It is not the best lens in the world but it represents some excellent value for money - so good I got another for a friend.
on 13 December 2013
I have always loved the feel and handling of Sigma lenses, so when I went looking for a zoom of this range I was happy to find this one. It immediately became my workhorse lens, and is rarely off the camera. The wide end of the zoom is adequate for most uses and the long end is about the limit of what can be handheld. The zoom ring turns easily and with a enough friction to feel secure. The apertures are fine for general use and when used with the camera on a tripod, the sharpness is excellent. I have since supplemented it with a Sigma 10-20 wide-angle for more specialised effects, but most of the time, this is the lens I use. It locks easily and the AF turns on and off easily too. If the camera is carried 'nose-down' then the lens well creep open, but unless you are photographing straight downwards this isn't an issue. I keep the lens hood (included) on the lens all the time and I also often use it with a circular polarising filter. This is a practical and enjoyable lens to use. I can happily recommend it.
on 6 January 2010
I have been using the lens since Christmas and have been very pleased with the results. I have been using Sigma lens for many years and this does not disappoint. Although classed as a budget lens I have been quite satisfied with the results. It is a little soft at full aperture but stopped down to f8.0 it will certainly take an A4 enlargement and probably greater.

Some reviewers have found problems with slow focussing and lens creep. So far I have no issues with either though it is possible that these could occur in time.

Overall a great lens for the price.
on 6 October 2011
I'm very pleased of this lens,it does the work ... it's a good value for the money I've spent!I have a baby girl and I use this lens very often,on holiday as well!
on 22 March 2011
Great lens for its price. Very versatile and easy to use. Nice and light as well. This is my second Sigma lens and I am very happy with both.
on 5 August 2011
Good quality lens, very versatile. Not too heavy. Solid construct. Would definitely recommend this lens for SLR-happy amateur photographers :-)
on 14 September 2012
I have used a friends Canon 18-200 lens and you can tell the difference,i found the Sigma pictures not that sharp i have to photo enhance all the pictures on photoshop to make the picture sharper, i also found the lens was a bit stiff when zooming in & out, listen it's a great price but personally i wish i had purchased the Canon 18-200 you can really tell the difference but almost double the price, You get what you pay for !!
on 11 August 2013
After my Sigma broke, I got a Tamron version with similar specs but at cheaper price and for better value. In all honesty, the 18-200mm has an issue of introducing noise, and the locking mechanism is very rigid so you are likely to get it jammed. The barrel often requires a small nudge to get it to move. If I had to rate this product in comparison to the better value Tamron version, I would rate 4/10.
on 22 January 2014
I didn't review this purchase at the time because this is something you have to use before you review. Having now had the lens for a considerable period I have to say that it is my first line lens for outdoor work and is on my camera in the studio for about 50% of the time. Very good value. Very satisfied.

See one answered question