5.0 out of 5 stars Razor sharp performance
Third party lens manufacturers are usually best given a wide berth if you want really good glass. This offering from Sigma is awesome. I use this lens professionally and regularly produce twenty inch wide prints. Chromatic abberation is minimal far less than expected from a lens offering this angle of view (15mm equivalent on 35mm). Barrel distortion is there at 10mm...
Published on 6 Dec 2006 by Keith I. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigma quality
I have used this lens on several different tasks in the past three weeks. Initially I was very pleased with the coverage and the fact that it gives minimum distortion if used with strict attention to keeping the camera carefully aligned vertically and horizontally.
I am disappointed with the definition. Although some trade-off has to be made between zoom and fixed...
Published on 9 July 2009 by Penn

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good lens, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
It is very good wide lens. Photos could be more sharp, but I like this lens. Sigma is extremely good for taking photos of buildings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
Brought this after reading the reviews. The motor is very very quiet, although not an expert in this field the whole lens seems very well made and look the bees knees. Also compared to the price of other lens on the market its cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
For some time I have thought of buying a wide angle zoom but was put off the price especially considering that I thought I would not use it a great deal [ I already have an 18-200 Nikon zoom ]. Anyway, I recently decided that I would get one at long last but I was still reluctant to pay the price of the Nikon version so I investigated third party options, i.e Tamron, Tokina and Sigma. After MUCH deliberating and research, I discounted the Tokina - mainly because it was not that much cheaper than the Nikon, and then discounted the Sigma f3.5 because the of extra cost not only of the lens but the larger filter size too. This left the Tamron and the Sigma f4-5.6 and opted for the Sigma because comments I read suggested that the Tamron was not so good at the wider end and with larger apertures. In actual fact I expect they all perform quite well and have varying strengths and weaknesses [although I cannot understand why the Tokina performed so poorly in the recent test in Photo Answers because I have seen some cracking photos taken with it]. I was a little apprehensive due to the comments concerning Sigma quality control issues but all I can say is I am well pleased with this lens and I can see that I will be using it far more than I imagined. I have tested it at varying focal lengths and apertures and am perfectly happy with all the results. The photos are sharp and colours great, some distortion at the widest settings of course and you have to watch out for flare, but these factors are common to all such lenses. The automatic focusing is quick and quiet and although I can see myself using more than I thought I do not regret buying this lens instead of the Nikon which is almost twice as expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bit of Kit., 25 April 2012
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
Superb bit of Kit. I wouldnt be without it now. Excellent for architectural photography. Highly recommended. I endorse all the good things others have said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't hesitate, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
I thought long and hard, its not a cheap lens.No regrets, sharp focus and vivid colour,Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon fit lens its a dream, composition is fun. Its a lens to free your imagination. I wish I'd found it years ago. Why do enthusiastic amatures go for the super zooms? Never again.For once the reviews I read were acurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lens, 21 Oct 2010
Ian R. West "deadwest" (Camberley, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
I really love my product and have taken some amazing pics with this product. It's about 100 pounds cheaper than the Nikkor, but the quality is very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wide-angle lens, 23 Nov 2012
Works a treat on my Nikon D5100
Quite heavy but all wide angles are.
Genuine with a great zipped case
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but be careful; Amazon UK sold me a Grey Import, 13 Nov 2012
fmp (Belfast, NI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
My copy of this lens was really superb for the price - I was very pleased indeed with the sharpness and focus speed on my D7000. Mine was obviously a very good sample.

However, when I received the lens, I tried to register on the Sigma website for the extended warranty for which it qualified. Unfortunately the web form detected that the serial number was not one issued for distribution in the UK, and thus didn't qualify for the warranty extension.

I sold the lens after upgrading to a full-frame sensor camera, but I can recommend the Sigma as being very good value for money.

Just be careful if warranty and manufacturer service/repair are important to you; some manufacturers refuse service and/or repair of grey imports.

I'm also a bit perturbed by news stories of tax avoidance by Amazon. I pay the full amount of tax I owe to the exchequer and I expect a hugely profitable multinational like Amazon to do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great landscapers tool, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
This lens in 7mm wider than my previous lens and in reality that's a massive difference!!

I have only been out with it once but if the reaction on my Flickr page is anything to go by its definitely improved my images.

The lens is very sharp even in the corners with a very very slight vignette at 10mm. There is also very slight barrel distortion at this focal length but it would be tough to find a wide angle that didn't.

The above can be easily fixed in post processing with just a couple of clicks in Lightroom which automatically detects the lens profile and corrects it on demand

It's my first Sigma lens but won't be my last

5.0 out of 5 stars Sigma short focal length zoom, 21 Nov 2012
G. R. Moffatt "Greg" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Fit Lens (Camera)
Being a photographer that tends to the long end of focal lengths (in 35mm days my 135mm lens was pretty well permanently attached to the camera) so my 24-70 zoom is almost always at the 70 end. However, there have been times when I needed something wider (I use a cropped sensor Nikon D7000) and this fills the bill perfectly.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›