This is a great jigsaw! Unlike so many of the others that I've bought the pieces are really thick and durable, which makes it easier for beginning jigsaw puzzlers to join them up.

The picture itself is so bright and cheerful - it's lovely! There is so much going on there and so many animals to spot that it keeps my little boy busy for quite a while. Also, all this detail means that each piece usually has a readily identifiable part of an animal on, so your little one can then busily head off to find the next piece.

This is a fantastic, quality jigsaw and has been used by my little boy from just under 2 years, (with lots help of course!), and he is still enjoying it now, and putting it together much more independently at nearly 3. I think it will last us another 6 months or so before he really begins to want something with more pieces.
on 5 May 2008
Great puzzle bought for my 2yo son. He loves it.
Kept him quiet in the car and has become a great ritual before bed.
He really seems to focus and concentrate till its done.
I'd now like a similarly colurful puzzle with double the pieces.
on 15 January 2010
This little three-and-a-half year-old loved the jigsaw, coming back to it of her own volition and taking pride in doing it all herself. It was more successful than some other more expensive Christmas presents, and it was great to see her enjoying it so much. She wanted to do it again straight away and she had learnt the difference between lions and tigers after a couple of goes. I highly recommend.
on 14 November 2009
Got this for my 3yr old boy. He loves this puzzle. He could do this all by himself within a couple of hours. This has become a ritual for him every morning since I bought this 2 weeks ago! Puzzle looks very colourful and the individual bits are quite large easy enough to hold. Higly recommended.
on 2 July 2009
Bought this jigsaw for Nursery. The pre school children (4yrs) have enjoyed tackling this jigsaw. It has appealing characters and enough different animals and jungle areas that the children can identify which pieces go together. The pieces are a good size and well made. Would recommend this jigsaw.
on 3 September 2008
my two year old son and I love doing this puzzle (not that he needs any help) - it's perfectly designed (as are all Orchard Toys puzzles) so that the animals are fun to find and there is so much to talk about too.
i agree with the other review - we'd love the same level of detail but with more pieces.
on 17 December 2014
This is a great jigsaw puzzle. We've had it 3 days and they've put it together so many times already but not damaged yet. My kids are boisterous and usually things already get damaged with this amount of play.

I got it for my almost 3 year old who struggles with all the other jigsaws we have at home, which are all 5years plus I think, and even I think they look difficult. She's doing much better with this and I love how the puzzle is well thought out. There is image connection between every adjacent piece. I bought the Melissa a Doug dinosaur wooden puzzle box for my four year old and as a dino crazed boy, he loved it, but it was chipping away on day one and I couldn't see the connection between the pieces. I had to consult the picture yo put it together!! A kids jigsaw! He was still good at it but he's been good at all the more difficult puzzles we have (gifts, hand downs) at home. At that m&d dino one has a high rating but honestly, this is so much superior. I'm not saying don't get the other but....it's just not the same quality or educational value. You need the link between adjacent pieces for there to be real educational value at this age. This jungle one has that.

Hoping this will teach her the concept of puzzles soon. She's sharp with other things but doesn't seem to try and understand with this type of activity. But understands and pays attention to lots of other stuff.

Both my nearly 3 and 4 and half year old love this. It's done about 4/5 times in one sitting before I put i can put it away.
on 9 October 2009
This is one of the best Jigsaw puzzles for young children that I have found. I am a teacher and parent and appreciate that my 2 year old really enjoys this puzzle, and is now able to play independently with it. The design is excellent - it is bright, colouful and very interesting but more importantly there is a significant part of the picture in every piece, so it makes it easy for a young child to recognise and complete. We have other jigsaw's where many pieces are the same colour, and this quickly loses its charm!
Our child gets so much more fun and satisfaction from this jigsaw as each piece leads clearly on to the next and we have lots of discussion about it - all great for positional language like 'above, below, beside and next to' etc colour recognition, size difference and general discussion about the animals and what they are doing. It is very well made and is really durable, and the pieces are just the right size/thickness for smaller hands.
We play with this over and over, it is a favourite in our house.
An educational, fun, well made toy that my child can play independently. Love it!
on 26 March 2009
great puzzle that my little girl has had lots of fun with... she is 3 1/2 years old and can now do it all by herself in about 5min, so would not buy it for anybody older than that.... great to use some of the other things suggested on the box - especially the 'eye spy' games has been good fun!!!
on 16 October 2014
My lo had Orchard Toys Who's on the Farm bought for her as a present and she was getting to the stage where she could do it almost straight away, so I wanted to get her a different puzzle. I really liked the Orchard Toys product so I chose this one for her. It had slightly more pieces (25 rather than 20) and still had animals on it and was bright and colourful. I like the suggestions they have on the boxes for how you can extend the puzzle to other things - counting the animals, what sounds do the animals make, how many different animals are there, etc. Making it much more of an interactive experience.

When the Who's in the Jungle puzzle arrived I didn't check it first (bad mummy) but gave it to her straight away. Mainly because she loved the previous puzzle so much I wanted to see what she'd make of the new one. However, it had a piece missing (the tiger's bottom). She looked at me as if to say "fix it" and when I couldn't, she started looking for a piece that we didn't have.

I was quite disappointed as missing pieces had been mentioned in other reviews and I hadn't checked it. But I went to the Orchard Toys website and they have a 'missing piece' and a 'lost piece' service. I put in the details of my puzzle and was really impressed with how quick they were to sort the problem. Within a couple of days my daughter has a complete puzzle to play with and she didn't even seem to notice that the tiger had his bottom back.

I know some of the other reviews have mentioned about the pieces only being cardboard and they won't last. But the cardboard is quite thick and both Orchard Toys puzzles we have, stand up to some pretty rough treatment from my daughter. We've had the Who's on the Farm longer, and some of the pieces are looking a little distressed on the corners, but I'm not disappointed because she loves playing with it and she has been more careful with this new puzzle. I will definitely be buying more Orchard Toys products in the future.