on 10 April 2008
This show is hugely popular in America, but hardly known in the UK for some reason which I just can't understand. But if you ever want to watch reality tv at its finest, you can't do better than invest in this DVD.

This is actually the second series of the show Survivor, and considered by fans to be the all-time best. It features 16 individuals, divided into two teams in the Australian outback, who have to learn to work together as a team to survive and progress so that they have a chance of winning a cool $1,000,000.

It's not just about physical excellence. It's a political game where you have to be able to forge alliances, sometimes with people you can't stand, so you can get ahead in the game. And the more ruthless characters will ruin someone's chances by subtly turning other members of their own team against them. As the motto of this show says, "Trust no one!"

It's a brilliant show - and I just can't understand why it's not shown on British terrestial tv. So pick up a copy and marvel at what some people will do or put themselves through in order to win a millionn dollars!
on 17 October 2010
Survivor is my favourite reality TV programme. I completely agree with the other review, I have no idea why this hasn't taken off in the UK because it is amazing! It's such an interesting game, which no contest has a sure fire strategy for, which is what makes it such great viewing!

Mark Burnett is the creator of the show and he got the idea for it after reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding. It is basically about two competing tribes whom have to battle it out in challenges and also survive the other people around them to win a prize. This is a fantasic strategy game which makes for excellent viewing.

I would recommend not just this season but every single one, I've seen almost 10 seasons all up, and they have each been unique, with different characterful contestants all with varying strategies, which is why this is a must see!
on 17 August 2014
I suppose that if I had not seen the old English series this would have seemed better to me but I think it would be great if we could obtain a copy of the series run on our t.v.