5.0 out of 5 stars Still going after 10+ years ...... (just!)
Published on 22 May 2011 by Mr. JON WEST

3.0 out of 5 stars good shoe but black pair not as advertised
Published 9 months ago by thewavyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going after 10+ years ...... (just!), 22 May 2011
I bought a pair of these shoes (Taupe) in 1999 for a fair bit more than a pair can be bought for now, they certainly are lazy shoes, which slip on and off easily and feel like slippers but look pretty cool once weathered a bit. My pair have proven to be a pair of the most comfortable, durable and favourite shoes I've ever owned. They are finally worn out but have endured all kinds of abuse particularly toward the end of their life when I used them for anything, where now I use them solely for taking the dogs out only but are still as comfortable as ever..... Many cheaper attempts by other shoe manufacturers at copying this style are about which says a lot about their popularity but the originals by Merrell seem to be superior due to being particularly ergonomically styled and attention to comfort and durability - the sole wears very well, supports well even after over 10 years and grips nicely.
Overall - nice comfy shoes.

NB My feet are very hard on shoes, I over-pronate and tend to wear shoes out fairly quickly so the length of time these shoes have lasted me is pretty astounding by my standards!!

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy quality, 18 Jan 2011
I first bought a pair of these Merrell Moc slip ons almost by accident five years ago, as they were on offer in a local shoe shop when I was browsing one day. The wow factor when I put them on for the first time was what convinced me to buy another pair. I now have three pairs of jungle mocs in two different colours.

An ergonomically designed trainer style sole on these shoes affords a great deal of support and comfort when walking and the toe/heel guards protect the front and rear from accidental scuffing.
There are similar style shoes on the market cheaper, but they just don't compare for quality and comfort, plus longetivity of life: my first pair are still going strong.
And the sheer convenience of a slip on shoe which grips the foot gently but evenly is unbeatable.
Definitely a good buy for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some info about, 28 Nov 2011
Very nice and comfortable. I am fan of Merrell's shoes first of all because of their soles, undoubtfully ones of world's best. One significant but: usually Merrel's size less than other's, my size is 11UK, but they were too small, 12UK was OK, thus, maybe not bad idea to order 1 or even 1,5 size larger. Nevertheless, Merrell's cool!

4.0 out of 5 stars great shoes, a touch small on sizing, 11 Dec 2010
Great shoes, very comfortable and well-made. Just a bit small in the toe area; I'm somewhere between size 8 and 8.5 and in this case size 8 is certainly too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes i ever bought, 19 April 2009
Bought these in NZ in 2005. Have worn them very often for the last 4 years. Very awesome shoes to wear around casually. Extremely comfortable and durable. Love em!
Well worth the money. You won't be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars good shoe but black pair not as advertised, 15 July 2013
The Merrell Men's Jungle Moc Slip On is a very comfortable and hard wearing shoe I have owned several pairs in the past. I suppose you could say its my favourite shoe. I bought 2 pairs from amazon. One pair of "black slate" shoes which are actually brown but thats ok because the photography diplayed with the product accurately shows the colour. I am very happy with this pair. The photograph accompanying the other pair of "midnight" shoes however is not accurate. It displays a shoe with a leather finish. The shoe I was sent had a suede finish which is not to my liking at all. I returned this pair & as usual amazon were excellent and refunded my money v. quickly. I am deducting 2 stars because the photo that accompanies the product should be an accurate depiction of that product.

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll live in these!, 21 Feb 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I ordered a pair of these Merrell Jungle Mocs in Black Slate - UK size 8.5. The Black Slate variety seems to be more of a dimpled pigskin finish rather than suede like the other colours. Delivery was prompt and the shoes were very well packed in recyclable packaging.

Since I have had these shoes I want to wear them all the time because they are just so light and comfortable weighing under 14 ozs for the pair. They really cushion and protect my feet which is particularly important to me as a diabetic. The contours of the shoes inside feel as though they were custom made for me and support my flat arches really well.

The interior of the shoe is treated inside with Aegis, an antibacterial substance and the specific design of the shoe is approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association. Other key features of these shoes include; a "Strobel" construction used for the uppers and designed for flexibility and comfort; plus; an "Ortholite" Anatomical Footbed to support your feet. A moulded foot frame cushions your foot whilst an air cushion in the heel protects you from impact whilst walking. I could go on about the "science" behind these shoes but it all really speaks for itself in terms of the comfort and fit.

In terms of finding the right colour and size you'll have to shop around because I found virtually nowhere did all the combinations of colour and size, plus, many suppliers don't do half sizes, although, if you need a half size stick out for it - they are available. I found the sizing about right - in most other shoes I take a size 8.5 and the same size in these Merrells was a perfect fit.

Although I haven't had these shoes long they've become an instant hit because of their sheer comfort (and they don't look too bad either). As far as longevity is concerned most of the reviews on this page are very positive about that aspect too. So far these shoes are hard to fault. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best slip-ons ever, 22 Feb 2011
J. Hilton (London) - See all my reviews
First Bought a pair of these by chance in a camping shop a couple of years ago and wore them everywhere.This is the second pair. Most comfortable slip on shoe I have ever had, and requires almost zero maintenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell shoes, 5 Oct 2010
I was given a pair of Merrell shoes over 6 years ago as a birthday present. Although a bit worn now I still use them for gardening. They were the most comfortable shoes I have ever had and that is why I have bought a new pair that will probably see me out. I am now 71 and still fit and healthy and these ones will help during the snow that we have in Scotland as they have an excellent tread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but with HUUUGE variation in price!, 11 July 2013
So here I am looking to buy another pair of Jungle Moc's (I wear them a LOT so have no qualms that I get through them quickly, and have probably had 8 pairs over the years) and Amazon kindly reminds me that I bought the "Tope" coloured pair back in September. Curiosity got the better of me and I followed the link to see what I paid last time.

Shocking!!! Currently on offer at 59.95, which you'll probably agree is a bargain considering the high street RRP of 79.99. But what did I pay 10 months ago?

-----> 26.82! <-----

Next time I see them anything like that cheap I'm buying 10 pairs!

ARRAY(0xa66daa14)