4.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor
Having purchased a Roboraptor for my daughter it has generally lived up to expectations. It looks VERY good and it's movements are impresive. Sometimes when it is doing its own thing it does not seem that responsive to the controller, however giving the 'stop' command first fixes this.
Do not use ordinary batteries for this machine as its performance is vastly...
Published on 14 July 2005 by richard33397

3.0 out of 5 stars ROBORAPTOR? Worth the money?
In my opinion... NO
I paid £89.99 for one of these and i must admit it is larger than i expected but my son was bored of it very quickly. it will probably end up being sold on ebay!!
my recommendation is, if you can, buy one used. in my case it is alot of money to spend on something that the novelty wears off too fast.
Published on 7 Nov 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars More of a hobble than a walk!, 1 Jan 2006
By A Customer
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Growls - check.
Sniffs - check.
Head turns authentically - check.
Realistic tail movement - check.
Walk - er not really.
Running - no chance mate.
What a waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Childhood!, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
I bought Roboraptor for my 45 year old husband for Christmas. He's a Firmware Engineer, loves robots and robotics, and knew when I saw a picture of Roboraptor, that it would be a huge hit with him.
I did my research, read all the reviews, watched all the youtube videos...and even though some reviewers felt that Roboraptor's appeal would wear off, I still knew it would be a very well received gift. I wasn't disappointed!
My husband plays with Roboraptor a lot! He's been working out what surfaces he works best on, and had fun trying out the different behaviour modes and finding the hidden features.

Personally, I love it when Roboraptor walks into something, you pick him up to give him more room, and he wriggles and growls like a mad puppy!!

Awesome!

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh what a shame!!!, 8 Nov 2007
M. buckley "tricetra" (wales, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
I was given this as a gift as I have always wanted one but could not convince myself to spend the kind of money it was priced at. That was a couple of years ago now and it has come out to play no more than twice. what a disappointment. As previous reviews state, the roboraptor does not run, but wobbles, and even if it does get a purchase it doesnt seem to move that far. The instructions were not really any help and I have only seemed to get it to work in demo mode most of the time. My daughter played with it for an hour and then got fedup. she complained that it didnt seem to follow the light from the handset as it states it should. The only good bits are the sensors in the mouth, chin and tail. It also has great sound effects and it is quite comical when it tries to bite the dog!! But you soon get bored of the repeativeness. when this was purchased it was just shy of £100 so now the price has dropped I suppose its not such a frivalous purchase. Value for money?...I dont think so. At the end of the day the choice is yours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy when you first buy, 30 Dec 2008
Laura Smith "Laurajs" (Penrith, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
I got this toy just when it was first released! I really enjoyed playing with this robot..the sound effects were brilliant and the way you are able to choose different mode was just enjoyable!! Great sound sensors..the dinosaur actually motion himself towards the sound. Also the emotions are so life like..you can tell when the dinosaur is scared, angry, happy and playfull..personally i love it when i make him bite my finger.

I have noticed some complaints about the dinosaur moving in one spot and i have to say that this only happens when it is low on batteries! This robot can take up alot of battery energy so after a few gos the robots legs start to dull out and hardly move..this is just the dinosaur explaining that he needs some new batterys! bored and irratated with the bateries dying so quickly! This robot does take up alot of batteries..and charging them up was too much hassle for me so in the end i stopped playing with him and now hes just in my room by the side of my bed =] However i tell you now, this is a brilliant toy!

Although i love this dinosaur and the controlls there was an disadvantage..After a while i became easily

4.0 out of 5 stars roboraptor, 26 Sep 2007
L. Griffiths "lougriffo66" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
I think the problem some of your reviewer are forgetting is this is a childs toy, not a grown-up play thing. My 9 year old has really loved it and has had hours of fun cornering the cat! You need to step back and look at it for what it is, a childs toy, and a really fantastic one at that.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Nov 2014
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
Not good...remote control doesn't work at all...too much money for poor quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor remote controlled dinosaur., 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
The toy was purchased as an extra Christmas Present for my grandson. It wasn't new but it was in pristine condition as was the controller. It also had batteries. It was excellent value at £24 plus postage.
My grandson was thrilled to receive it as a dinosaur fanatic and we all think it's a brilliant toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 31 Dec 2010
Manders (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
My daughter has been wanting a roboraptor for a long time and was overjoyed when it came. The sounds are great and there are lots of different things it can do. There are easy to follow instructions aswell, which to me is an advantage. The only not so good point is that the roboraptor can't move around very easily and can only walk a short way. It seems to wobble slightly but my daughter doesn't seem too bothered. I highly recommend this toy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 2 Feb 2009
Shazza "Izzywhizz" (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
I got this for my nephew for Christmas and he was thrilled to bits when he received it. He loved the way it followed him around the room like a dog. We all had a play (was a shame not to), and we all enjoyed it. The robotic roaring got annoying after a while but good result - one happy nephew.

5.0 out of 5 stars raptor, 26 Dec 2009
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
product very durable / strong and good value / entertainment recommend this product for any child or grown up very entertaing

Roboraptor