4.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor
Having purchased a Roboraptor for my daughter it has generally lived up to expectations. It looks VERY good and it's movements are impresive. Sometimes when it is doing its own thing it does not seem that responsive to the controller, however giving the 'stop' command first fixes this.
Do not use ordinary batteries for this machine as its performance is vastly...
Published on 14 July 2005 by richard33397

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so Free-roaming
Published on 5 Nov 2005 by conn2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor, 14 July 2005
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
Do not use ordinary batteries for this machine as its performance is vastly improved by using top notch (2000+ mAh) NiMH rechargable batteries. The difference to the walking and general movements was very noticable it also allowed it to walk on more surfaces.
I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in robotics or just wants a cool looking interesting toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool robot but limited interest span, 21 April 2006
khisanth "khisanth75" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
Well just got one of these for my birthday and it is pretty cool. Looks good and is quite amusing to play with.

The only problem is that most people will lose interest in it after 5 minutes. The description of it gives the impression it will be running about the place in a smooth fluid way, reality being it very jerkily waddles about the place slowly. If you have wooden or laminate floors it doesnt cope very well.

so really its a fun novelty toy that kids will quickly get bored with. For me its a cool toy that I'll keep around, next to my Zoidzilla!

4.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor - 2nd time around, 6 Jan 2006
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
The walking motion is excellent and the whole toy is generally so animated than. I took note of another review which indicated that the batteries made a big difference and tried a set of ordinary batteries then a set of brand name alkaline batteries. The toy did work with the ordinary batteries but with the alkaline batteries, it worked with much more vigour.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so Free-roaming, 5 Nov 2005
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
I will try different batteries as mentioned in the previous review, and I hope there is some truth ib the claims it will improve its walking ability. All it does at the moment is wobble in one place! I have tried it on wood, smooth slabs, cushioned flooring, and carpet, and it doesnt walk on any of them! This is a christmas present and I can see my lad being dissapointed if I cant find something it walks on, after all, it is one of the main functions of this kind of robotic toy.
Its a shame as its build quality is great, and the sensors react to sound and movement as promised. Its just a pity it nose-dives when it lurches forwards.

3.0 out of 5 stars ROBORAPTOR? Worth the money?, 7 Nov 2005
By A Customer
In my opinion... NO
I paid £89.99 for one of these and i must admit it is larger than i expected but my son was bored of it very quickly. it will probably end up being sold on ebay!!
my recommendation is, if you can, buy one used. in my case it is alot of money to spend on something that the novelty wears off too fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has no one ever seen Godzilla?!, 26 Dec 2006
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
The reviewers here are totally wrong; so says my 9 year old son who got a roboraptor yesterday. He has played with it ever since, and as for not encouraging imaginative play it is currently standing on top of a garage having eaten a polly pocket doll and a car! My son wants to make a Godzilla movie with Roboraptor as the star. I think this toy is only limited by your imagination!

The raptor does move better on carpet rather than wooden floor, and can be fussy about carpet which is to thick. It also needs very good batteries as another reviewer has said already.

As for not doing what was expected, I think it does everything we expected and we have got it to hold things in it's mouth. It has walked around the room and detected obstacles quite well.

My son described this as his dream present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made Christmas, 23 Jan 2009
D. Foley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
All the family love roboraptor especially my 4 year old son - he doesnt use the remote control yet but loves it in play mode.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money !!, 15 Sep 2006
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
Dont buy this !! After great advertisement my son longed for one of these so I paid 90 for it but it is worth between 5 and 10 in my estimation...if that. It did move and sniffed and roared but didn't bite anything in the right direction, then fell over. After all the build up and expectations it was switched off after five minutes. What a shame and a waste of money...fortunetly I'd bought him loads of cool things to play with for christmas. With 3 kids this has been the most expensive and biggest rip off toy I have bought!!

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY AWESOME!, 19 Jun 2007
Mark Tilden "DH" (Scarborough, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
You lot have absoloutly no imagination. Some of the people who have said "My kids got bored of it really quickly" Yeah well thats coz they're boring kids then. My son never stops playing with it! He plays with it before school, after school, weekend, whenever he can! (He treats Roboreptile as the mortal enemy) But really people take some credit for this amazing robot. It's an incredible toy! Best robot toy out there if you ask me. A must have for dino fans or robot fans.

1.0 out of 5 stars five minute wonder, 6 Dec 2005
By A Customer
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Roboraptor (Toy)
My children (aged 6 & 8) were unimpressed with this toy. It is undoubtedly a brilliant robot, but once it has walked about a bit, sniffed and growled a few times - what do you do with it? It doesn't encourage imaginative play and apart from the initial novelty is actually quite boring. The bite function is disappointing too - I thought it would actually pick things up in its mouth. Also it is supposed to detect obstacles in roam mode but it keeps getting stuck in corners! It cant walk on most of our floor surfaces either.All in all a waste of money.

Roboraptor