5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
Until a year ago I never ventured further than the music of John Rutter. Perchance I heard a track on a promo CD taken from Jenkins' The Armed Man. The music just seemed to capture me and not let me go. So, now to the Requiem. I am listening to it as I write. I have just ordered the SATB score. Does that say enough? This music is simply giving me goosebumps. I cannot...
Published on 26 May 2005 by N. P. Lamb

3.0 out of 5 stars A few good pieces, but still somewhat dissapointing.
Published on 2 April 2005 by Mr. M. Cockcroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Judge To Quickly, 21 April 2008
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
As a fan of Adiemus and The Armed Man I bought this CD and immediately dismissed it as not up to his previous standards. Last weekend I went to hear The Armed Man performed live in Liverpool, and was immediately struck by parts in this score I hadn't previous noticed or appreciated. With this in mind I decided to give this CD another chance. I can only say that I am so glad I did for I have played it over several times and am really warming to it. I urge those who have dismissed this work as inferior, do as I have done, and give it another listen - you may be surprised!

3.0 out of 5 stars A few good pieces, but still somewhat dissapointing., 2 April 2005
Mr. M. Cockcroft "M Cockcroft" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
There were a few good pieces in this one, but , speaking as a big Adiemus fan; I found it to be a dissapointing follow-up to Jenkins' superlative work in Adiemus. This music is a very different and more classical style than Adiemus, which is to be expected, but Jenkins' melodic and compositional talent does not shine through as much as in his adiemus work. There were still a number of great pieces that were enjoyable, particularly 'Introit', 'Dies Irae' and 'Agorawd'. The haiku's were the most dissapointing thing about this albumn, and I didn't much care for the singer's voice in these pieces, who's japanese singing technique seemed a tad contrived for my liking, and ended up being annoying. However, it was worth buying nonetheless, as there was some good music here. Just not Jenkins' best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Survey Karl Jenkins CD order, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
The item arrived but the case was broken -parts of the plastic were at the bottom of the envelope. That was very disappointing. The cardboard style package was really not adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
I am new to this man's work, and bought this off the back of 'Greatest Hits' - total amazing. #Buy it!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
Karl Jenkins has his own unique & distinctive style, but I felt deeply let down by his take on a requiem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Requiem from Karl Jenkins, 29 Jan 2014
P. Thacker "Padhimself" (West Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
This is a marvellous piece of music from the Welsh genius Karl Jenkins. The orchestra brings out the tone of the music well and gives a good performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music from and for the heart, 15 Jan 2014
J. S. Burnett (UK Oakley,) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
The more I hear Karl Jenkin's musical ideas the more I am reminded of Sibelius, he has a breadth and depth that can envelope one and Requiem is no exception, there is a grandeur that stands out as a special quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Karl Jenkins - Requiem, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
I have other CDs of Karl Jenkins work and although I like this work it did not immediately hit me as some of his other compositions have. However playing the CD in the car I find I have grown to appreciate the work much more than in the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
Beautiful and haunting. Karl Jenkins is an amazing composer and this is one of his best. Calming, relaxing and thoughtful.

3.0 out of 5 stars requiem, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Karl Jenkins - Requiem (Audio CD)
I bought this as I thought it would be on the same plain as armed man but id listen to it again

Karl Jenkins - Requiem
Karl Jenkins - Requiem by Karl Jenkins (Audio CD - 2005)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available